Barad'Dun The Western Tower
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Barad'Dun The Western Tower

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  WebpageWebpage  Log inLog in  

characters

Go down 
+3
Knubbs
Strider
Surt
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Surt

Surt

characters Empty
PostSubject: characters   characters I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2009 8:25 pm

i'd like to have everyone start to think about there characters for the chapter. i'm sure most people are familiar with the world of middle earth. but theres more cultures than most people think.

Men
-Gondor
-Rohan
-Dunedain
-Wildmen
-Men of Bree
-Laketown
-Easterlings
-Harad
-Variags?
-Khand
-Black Numenoreans

Elves
-Lindon
-Lothlorien
-Mirkwood
-Mithlond
-god actually theres tons of kingdoms since elves live forever they can be from the first age!

Dwarves
-Erebor
-Moria
-The Grey mountains
-The Blue Mountains
-Iron Hills
-The Glittering Caves

-evil creatures
-orcs
-uruk hai
-trolls
-olog hai
-variags?

Absolutley no nazgul, barrow wights, balrogs, dragons, fell beasts, spiders, crazy squid like creatures, maia, and the like.
Back to top Go down
https://baraddun.forumotion.net
Strider

Strider

Location : Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: lolololololololololol roflcopterswaswaswa

characters Empty
PostSubject: Re: characters   characters I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2009 9:15 pm

Wow that is pretty expansive. I cant wait till saturday, this rank and prestige thing sounds wicked.
Back to top Go down
Knubbs

Knubbs

characters Empty
PostSubject: Re: characters   characters I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2009 9:39 pm

What culture would Barad'Dun be?

Im planning on being a local.
Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Strider

Strider

Location : Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: lolololololololololol roflcopterswaswaswa

characters Empty
PostSubject: Re: characters   characters I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2009 10:17 pm

Isn't it based of the place with the mix of all people? Like every race joined together to make a new culture of people? At least that was my understanding. Suspect
Back to top Go down
Surt

Surt

characters Empty
PostSubject: Re: characters   characters I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2009 11:13 pm

i had a whole time line here but now i'm thinking i'm gonna wait until i finalize it. be whatever your heart desires. all will fit in.
Back to top Go down
Strider

Strider

characters Empty
PostSubject: Re: characters   characters I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2009 3:13 am

Works for me.
Back to top Go down
Knubbs

Knubbs

characters Empty
PostSubject: Re: characters   characters I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2009 4:36 pm

What im asking is. What is the predominant culture of Barad'dun?

Is Barad'dun its own culture on the list or are they just misplaced Gondorians for example

Cool
Back to top Go down
Surt

Surt

characters Empty
PostSubject: Re: characters   characters I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2009 5:35 pm

the original site for barad'dun was a small supply port for numenorean mariners. when numenor sank into the ocean hundreds if not thousands of refugees fled to the supply port. and they turned it into a town which grew into a city. so the original inhabitants were human. most of the original stonework is numenorean. but remember our time period is the 4th age so thats thousands of years after the city was founded. since then dwarves,elves, and the eastern cultures have all migrated here so for the last few thousand years the styles of the different cultures have mixed together. you'll see a bit of every culture in barad'dun now. if a numenorean could live from the founding to the present they would not recognize their fair city.

so barad'dun is its own unique culture. but if you want to trace your lineage back to the founding you would be human. if your lineage was unwatered down you would be of the edain like aragorn or a black numenorean. black numenoreans are just numenoreans who forsook the valar in favor of worshiping dark forces such as sauron.

any other questions?
Back to top Go down
Knubbs

Knubbs

characters Empty
PostSubject: Re: characters   characters I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2009 7:01 pm

a edain it is.

heh... time to work on character history!

Kirnoth, son of Kimath
Back to top Go down
Surt

Surt

characters Empty
PostSubject: Re: characters   characters I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2009 7:05 pm

good stuff. anybody else have any questions i can help them with regarding character development?
Back to top Go down
Strider

Strider

characters Empty
PostSubject: Re: characters   characters I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2009 9:01 pm

So you and me will work out stuff for me tomorrow right Surt?
Back to top Go down
Surt

Surt

characters Empty
PostSubject: Re: characters   characters I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2009 9:16 pm

u got it. unless you have something you want to know right away.
Back to top Go down
Strider

Strider

characters Empty
PostSubject: Re: characters   characters I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2009 11:50 pm

No i cant think of anything, ill let you know if i do, although it would be better to discuss in person i think.
Back to top Go down
Ximali Karan Hari

Ximali Karan Hari

characters Empty
PostSubject: Re: characters   characters I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2009 10:38 pm

Hmmmm, I don't know about character building for me..... So I'll just be the fellow with the name from a land no one knows and a past that's not talked about....
Back to top Go down
Surt

Surt

characters Empty
PostSubject: Re: characters   characters I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2009 11:25 pm

get a bump on the noggin and come down with a case of amnesia then?
Back to top Go down
Strider

Strider

characters Empty
PostSubject: Re: characters   characters I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 25, 2009 3:06 am

Just a clueless vagabond that was obviously a fierce warrior before his accident.
Back to top Go down
Aleksander Piotrowski

Aleksander Piotrowski

characters Empty
PostSubject: Re: characters   characters I_icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2009 6:42 am

I'm having a hard time trying to create a character.

The only good idea I have so far is a Polish Winged Hussar named Aleksander Piotrowski.

If anything else, if I get to the winged armor, it would look rather cool.
Back to top Go down
Strider

Strider

characters Empty
PostSubject: Re: characters   characters I_icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2009 2:08 am

Honestly if you got wings, they will probably be smashed. Lol we hold no possessions sacred in Dag
Back to top Go down
konradr

konradr

characters Empty
PostSubject: Re: characters   characters I_icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2009 6:32 am

Guess you could make the wings out of blue camp mat foam and paint them or cover them with cloth. That way they wouldn't get smashed if hit plus you could take them off and use as a weapon or something.
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelfire.com/nv/jazzviking/whatisa.html
Knubbs

Knubbs

characters Empty
PostSubject: Re: characters   characters I_icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2009 3:05 pm

Probably only want to wear them for ceremonial purposes.

Smile
Back to top Go down
Surt

Surt

characters Empty
PostSubject: Re: characters   characters I_icon_minitimeFri May 22, 2009 12:36 am

honestly wings are a terrible idea. someone will grab them.
Back to top Go down
Aleksander Piotrowski

Aleksander Piotrowski

characters Empty
PostSubject: Re: characters   characters I_icon_minitimeFri May 22, 2009 6:35 am

History agrees with you all. The wings were used for ceremonial purposes.

Hell, apparently the wings were so large, that if the horse was to go into gallop, the rider wearing the wings would fall off from the drag.
Back to top Go down
Strider

Strider

characters Empty
PostSubject: Re: characters   characters I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2009 9:48 pm

Hey K'urn, my new profile pic is the symbol i want to put on the back of my vest, minus the outside colored box, just the wolf head. What do you think?
Back to top Go down
konradr

konradr

characters Empty
PostSubject: Re: characters   characters I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2009 11:22 pm

That's a cool wolf's head. The parti colored background would be a good tabard or surcoat scheme, but maybe colors of your choice. Gray and red are more my colors, but you, maybe black and white or silver and black. Something along that line?
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelfire.com/nv/jazzviking/whatisa.html
Strider

Strider

characters Empty
PostSubject: Re: characters   characters I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2009 3:00 am

Yeah the background is from a site called obamicon.me, you can upload a picture or use a webcam and get a cool looking image alteration, but the wolfs head is usually black and white or black and whatever color it's put onto.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

characters Empty
PostSubject: Re: characters   characters I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

characters
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next