Barad'Dun The Western Tower
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Barad'Dun The Western Tower

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  WebpageWebpage  Log inLog in  

Renn Faire preps......

Go down 
+2
Knubbs
konradr
6 posters
AuthorMessage
konradr

konradr

Renn Faire preps...... Empty
PostSubject: Renn Faire preps......   Renn Faire preps...... I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 01, 2010 8:40 pm

I've got to get to work, but tonight we'll start posting on what needs to get done for our prescence at Renn faire the second week of October. yes, we have 7 days. Very Happy Don't you love a deadline.

Konradr
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelfire.com/nv/jazzviking/whatisa.html
Knubbs

Knubbs

PostSubject: Re: Renn Faire preps......   Renn Faire preps...... I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 01, 2010 9:04 pm

I do:

Simple things that need to be taken care of are these:

- Need a list of people who will be camping there. ( they have a limited number of wristbands to hand out, pretty self explanatory)

- Need a list of people who will not be camping there

- LVRA Waivers, to be covered by there insurance we will need these. Smile ( I have a copy and will make 30 of them)

- Food/Water/Tents/Firewood

- GARB

- MOA/Waivers/Pamphlets

- Unit Banners/Chapter Banner

We wont be able to have everything but this is just our trial run at it. Next year we'll need to be ultra prepared. Smile
Back to top Go down
Surt

Surt

PostSubject: Re: Renn Faire preps......   Renn Faire preps...... I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 02, 2010 1:28 am

i will not be able o camp because of work. but u can bet your ass i will be hanging out there every night!

king
Back to top Go down
https://baraddun.forumotion.net
Hxctemplar

Hxctemplar

PostSubject: Re: Renn Faire preps......   Renn Faire preps...... I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 02, 2010 2:43 am

Sadly because of work circumstances, I am only able to make it to the first day of Ren Fair, and since the next day is my birthday, will be leaving around 5pm for family dinner.

Gonna bring Mantra w/ me and going to just chill, shop and have fun. Maybe meet the fighters there and spar a bit. Can't spend the night either since I have to work the rest of the weekend.
Back to top Go down
Knubbs

Knubbs

PostSubject: Re: Renn Faire preps......   Renn Faire preps...... I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 02, 2010 3:25 am

Simple things that need to be taken care of are these:

- Need a list of people who will be camping there. ( they have a limited number of wristbands to hand out, pretty self explanatory)

- Need a list of people who will not be camping there (Surt & Templar are all I got so far)

- LVRA Waivers, to be covered by there insurance we will need these. Smile ( I have a copy and will make 30 of them)

- Food/Water/Tents/Firewood

- GARB

- MOA/Waivers/Pamphlets (printed out 20 rule sets; 100 waivers; 200 flyers)

- Unit Banners/Chapter Banner

We wont be able to have everything but this is just our trial run at it. Next year we'll need to be ultra prepared. Smile

I will have a checklist for the event. Smile I will be bringing it tomorrow to practice.
Back to top Go down
konradr

konradr

PostSubject: Re: Renn Faire preps......   Renn Faire preps...... I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 02, 2010 7:19 am

I can not camp either because my wife works and I have to stay home to watch the lil' uns. I will make arrangements via the grandmother for baby sitting serves on Saturday and Sunday for as long as possible. Friday I can spend a few hours in between dropping the lil' uns off to school and going home to get ready for work (around noon I'd have to get going)

I do want a wristband though. If I have to pay entrance fee's, I won't be coming, except maybe Saturday with the family, if possible. With a Wristband, I will be coming early, with all my crap, banners and War Wolves. cheers

Of course there is that nagging problem with my jeep, but I'm hoping to get that fixed this monday.

I won't be coming to tomorrow's practice. PM me your checklist and I'll see what I can offer.

One thing I will say right now. We will be in the public eye completely. You must be in character and mind what you say. No F bomb's, no disrespecting other members of the Realm. We will be in game mode the entire time. Put your brightest smile on, your best foot forward and make Dagorhir look good!

Damn, wish I could make Dagorhir/barad'Dun T-shirts to sell!!!

Konradr
Back to top Go down
Knubbs

Knubbs

PostSubject: Re: Renn Faire preps......   Renn Faire preps...... I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 02, 2010 9:03 am

As he mentioned before... he has a limited number of wristbands. Going to talk to Ty tomorrow and see what we can do. Smile

Going to be working on documents tomorrow so Dunno how much practicing I will get.

Back to top Go down
K'urn

K'urn

PostSubject: Re: Renn Faire preps......   Renn Faire preps...... I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 02, 2010 9:07 pm

I highly doubt I will be camping. I will be there as much as I can be, dependent on my transpo issues.

K-
Back to top Go down
Sarabi

Sarabi

PostSubject: Re: Renn Faire preps......   Renn Faire preps...... I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 03, 2010 11:15 am

i'm not really sure if i will be able to go i know alena said she wanted to but i know for sure that i will not be camping! TT_TT saving all my moneys to go home! " Samhain "
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1336161982
konradr

konradr

PostSubject: Re: Renn Faire preps......   Renn Faire preps...... I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 03, 2010 4:29 pm

It wouldn't really cost anything to camp other than what the small amount each of us has to pay for our share of Barad'dun's insurance/fire and ice fee. Which I don't know what that is as we haven't been informed yet, well, unless it was at practice, which, I wasn't at this week.

Besides showing off Dagorhir and the Realm, you would also be showing off your unit. Bring banner, tabards, some of your own flyers or handouts, and of course Taco's deadly Troll smile.

Konradr
Back to top Go down
Knubbs

Knubbs

PostSubject: Re: Renn Faire preps......   Renn Faire preps...... I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 03, 2010 6:27 pm

Konradr is correct we only need to pay for the insurance and that cost will only be shared by people that are camping there.

As long was we are self sufficient and can support ourselves we'll be good. Smile

Firewood
Ice
Water
Food

is all we need to truly be self-sufficient.
Back to top Go down
konradr

konradr

PostSubject: Re: Renn Faire preps......   Renn Faire preps...... I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 04, 2010 6:18 pm

Since the SCA group here in Las Vegas will not be at Renn Faire (they are going to an outside event I believe) Some SCA members have contacted the LVRA. The LVRA are not SCA but many are former or currant members and they fight a "Heavy" style based on the SCA ruleset. Here is the email that responded to the SCA members looking to fight at Renn Faire. They don't specifically mention us, but I see that we can make an impact, a "crowd pleasing" impact if we show up in force and do what we do best. cheers

Quote :
There will be two groups at Faire that fight "heavies", the Kingdom of Corthea (who is the royal host guilde at faire) and the Las Vegas Renaissance Association (who hosts the Blood of Heroes at faire). Both practice on Wednesday nights at Sunset park near each other. SCA fighters have practiced with both groups in the past.

As for fighting styles I can only speak for LVRA for sure. The LVRA has several current and past SCA members in it and the marshal's handbook is pretty much styled after the SCA since this is where we learned to fight. I suspect that the KoC rules are similar since SCA fighters practice there too.

But the Blood of Heroes tournament at faire is a whole other animal. Since it is a "Demo" the the combat rules aren't so strictly enforced. The weapons and equipment standards are still the same, but "theatrics" are what the crowd is there to see. So shield bashing and more physical contact are experienced.

It is my desire to change the Blood of Heroes into a Warlord Tournament for future years as I believe this will help reinforce the ideals of chivalry through individual combat and then move forward to the crowd pleasing melee fights. This is of course hard to do when the best fighters in the area are usually out of town that weekend.

In addition to the Blood of Heroes, there will be a torchlight tourney on Saturday evening at the LVRA encampment (next to the pool) and I suspect several demos in both encampments throughout the day.

So I guess I'm a contact, feel free to contact me if I may be of further help.

Bjarki Magnusson
President - Las Vegas Renaissance Association

Konradr
Back to top Go down
konradr

konradr

PostSubject: Re: Renn Faire preps......   Renn Faire preps...... I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 04, 2010 6:22 pm

Last edited by konradr on Mon Oct 04, 2010 6:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
konradr

konradr

PostSubject: Re: Renn Faire preps......   Renn Faire preps...... I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 04, 2010 6:38 pm

I think this is their facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/pages/The-Association-of-Renaissance-Martial-Arts-Las-Vegas/101053933287364?ref=search

No, that's ARMA, not the Rennfair group.

Konradr
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Renn Faire preps......   Renn Faire preps...... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Renn Faire preps......
Page 1 of 1