Barad'Dun The Western Tower
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Barad'Dun The Western Tower

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  WebpageWebpage  Log inLog in  

Spear padding....

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
konradr

konradr

Spear padding.... Empty
PostSubject: Spear padding....   Spear padding.... I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 24, 2010 11:43 pm

Rereading the rules, yes, possible we have too much padding on our Spear's making them heavier than neccessary.

Granted, the rules on the website are still the last version. The changes that may or may not have been added since last Rag, are not reflected in the rules that are available (for instance the 3 inch rule for cylindrical heads, 'Noticiable' being removed from hit strength, etc)

Concerning haft padding for spears, we this rule first:

Quote :
4.1.11.7 - No swung weapon may have more than 1/3 of its overall length unpadded, nor have more than 30 total inches unpadded.

But the key words in this phrase are the "swung weapon". A glaive is a swung weapon, a spear is not.

Under "Green" weapons, which is what a spear is. We have this:

Quote :
4.4.4 - Spears must have at least 1/3 of the haft padded, but because spears are strictly thrusting weapons (as opposed to hacking weapons), the padding does not have to be as thick as on a hacking weapon.

It clearly states, a spear must have at least 1/3 of the haft padded. It does not say there has to be more than that, it must have at least 1/3 padded. and it doesn't have to be padded as much as a swung weapon.

I need to know if the minimum dimension for a spear head is 3" now or still 2.5" but I'm definately looking to make my next spear a minimum dimension spear, with a carriage bolt in the pommel.

Konradr
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelfire.com/nv/jazzviking/whatisa.html
Tiberius Claudius

Spear padding.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spear padding....   Spear padding.... I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 25, 2010 1:57 am

Low Profile Spear tutorial

Check out the Arrakis method.
Back to top Go down

Spear padding....
Page 1 of 1