Barad'Dun The Western Tower
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Barad'Dun The Western Tower

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  WebpageWebpage  Log inLog in  

Allthing update ALL MUST READ!!!!!!!!!!!

Go down 
+7
Thunderhorse
K'urn
Sarabi
Demie Zephyra
konradr
Dwyna
Surt
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Surt

Surt

Allthing update ALL MUST READ!!!!!!!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Allthing update ALL MUST READ!!!!!!!!!!!   Allthing update ALL MUST READ!!!!!!!!!!! I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 28, 2010 5:55 am

this sunday (allthing) the chinese travel channel will be sending 2 of its crew to film us! they are doing a special starting in alaska and ending in argentina and they want do do a segment on us when they stop in vegas this weekend. so a couple things need to happen. we need everyone to.....

-dress awesome!!!!! NO MUNDANE CLOTHING AT ALL!!!!! if you dont have enough garb im sure we can help you. dont be afraid to ask!

-make sure your weapons look good. if the have tap coming off ripped covers try to replace them! cheap and fast just get stretchy socks.

-the realm leaders have decided that we will hold allthing at sunset park on sunday. DONT FREAK OUT! we will help give rides. and anyone else that can help transport please do. if i have to tho i will run back and forth to get everyone there. i will make it work! we decided sunset because its the largest easier park to get to, its not far from kilanos/my house so if anyhting important is forgotten its a quicker drive, its a bigger park with more space for filming plus fighting. we are going to try to fight a lot this allthing so as to give them great footage. so lets not destroy ourselves on saturday. lets use it to prepare for sunday.

this is really important everyone so i know i dont have to ask for your best behavior blah blah blah. just be your awesome selves and it will be great! ive been talking to them via e-mail and they say its a light hearted program and really easy going. so dont worry or be nervous.

i hope i havnt forgotten anything. if anyone has any questions/additional thoughts do tell. but this is all the info i have right now. as i learn more i will update.

muwahahaha this is so awesome!!!!!

king
Back to top Go down
https://baraddun.forumotion.net
Dwyna

Dwyna

PostSubject: Re: Allthing update ALL MUST READ!!!!!!!!!!!   Allthing update ALL MUST READ!!!!!!!!!!! I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 28, 2010 6:24 am

Okies then, a couple of quick questions and comments.

1-Is the meeting time still noon?
2-While I'm not able to fight (Dr orders Sad ) I'll bring the weapons that I have.
3-What food/utensils should I be looking to bring?

Thanks,

Dwyna
Back to top Go down
konradr

konradr

PostSubject: Re: Allthing update ALL MUST READ!!!!!!!!!!!   Allthing update ALL MUST READ!!!!!!!!!!! I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 28, 2010 6:42 am

Althing is usually pot luck with no theme, so anything you want to bring is great. We always could use drinks too. plates, napkins, utensils, cups, etc.

Since we are having this one at Sunset, not sure where we'll be located or if we'll have a gazebo or if we'll need picnic blankets!

Konradr
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelfire.com/nv/jazzviking/whatisa.html
Dwyna

Dwyna

PostSubject: Re: Allthing update ALL MUST READ!!!!!!!!!!!   Allthing update ALL MUST READ!!!!!!!!!!! I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 28, 2010 7:12 am

I'll bring some cups, juice, and water. That way I'm bringing something that will work for everyone. Smile

Dwyna study
Back to top Go down
Demie Zephyra

Demie Zephyra

PostSubject: Re: Allthing update ALL MUST READ!!!!!!!!!!!   Allthing update ALL MUST READ!!!!!!!!!!! I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 28, 2010 10:04 am

Dammit. Sunset park?

Well, then I won't be attending this althing. Look good for me, guys.
Back to top Go down
Sarabi

Sarabi

PostSubject: Re: Allthing update ALL MUST READ!!!!!!!!!!!   Allthing update ALL MUST READ!!!!!!!!!!! I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 28, 2010 11:05 am

yeah if it's that far away i have no idea how that's gonna work. why move it that far!... yeah we might need help?... we might need a ride anyway any takers?!
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1336161982
Surt

Surt

PostSubject: Re: Allthing update ALL MUST READ!!!!!!!!!!!   Allthing update ALL MUST READ!!!!!!!!!!! I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 28, 2010 2:13 pm

y cant u go demie? and remember peoples i said i would give rides!

king
Back to top Go down
K'urn

K'urn

PostSubject: Re: Allthing update ALL MUST READ!!!!!!!!!!!   Allthing update ALL MUST READ!!!!!!!!!!! I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 28, 2010 2:53 pm

Sunset was chosen for it's lack of traffic location (i.e. less mundanes walking around screwing with shots), and the fact that it is easier for the film crew to find, closer to the airport, etc.

I'm sorry you won't be able to come Demie, is it work related? or something we can remedy, with a ride there and back?

This is potentially HUGE for the realm. They have agreed to give a copy of the episode, meaning the realm will have a professional reel to use in advertising.

Surt and Kilanos both have offered rides to people who need them. Everyone who can attend should really try to be there. I am unpacking all my Dag stuff so I can be there, I was supposed to ship all that stuff home today, but I'm delaying that for this event.
@Dwyna: It will be great to see you again, and awesome for the three founding members to be together for the shoot.

I'm sorry if anyone takes offense for the bluntness of this post.

K-
Back to top Go down
konradr

konradr

PostSubject: Re: Allthing update ALL MUST READ!!!!!!!!!!!   Allthing update ALL MUST READ!!!!!!!!!!! I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 28, 2010 3:18 pm

Yes c'mon guys, let's rally for this and get our faces on TV! Can we all say "Ni how ma!"

Konradr
Back to top Go down
Dwyna

Dwyna

PostSubject: Re: Allthing update ALL MUST READ!!!!!!!!!!!   Allthing update ALL MUST READ!!!!!!!!!!! I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 28, 2010 3:39 pm

If people need rides over to that side of town, I could help. I live about 10 minutes from Desert Breeze and could meet people there to 'carpool.'

Dwyna study
Back to top Go down
konradr

konradr

PostSubject: Re: Allthing update ALL MUST READ!!!!!!!!!!!   Allthing update ALL MUST READ!!!!!!!!!!! I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 28, 2010 4:21 pm

Alright, pass the word around. Saturday and Sunday. Let everyone know to be at practice at Saturday, so we can spar a little, meet and greet any new people, and plan on everyone putting their on their best at Althing. We can plan transport issues, etc. Its important to get the word out and have everyone show Saturday and Sunday.

Konradr
Back to top Go down
Demie Zephyra

Demie Zephyra

PostSubject: Re: Allthing update ALL MUST READ!!!!!!!!!!!   Allthing update ALL MUST READ!!!!!!!!!!! I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 28, 2010 5:35 pm

I have work at two. I was going to try to be there for a few hours before leaving for work, but if it's at Sunset park, there's no way I could possibly make it, unless Althing started earlier.

:[

That's fine. I'll get someone from the film department at UNLV to come film us some other time.
Back to top Go down
konradr

konradr

PostSubject: Re: Allthing update ALL MUST READ!!!!!!!!!!!   Allthing update ALL MUST READ!!!!!!!!!!! I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 28, 2010 5:58 pm

This is a TV channel. If we don't get a good enough tournout of our people, in garb no less, they may scrub the shoot. True it was short notice on their part, but the thing is, it doesn't cost us anything and it could help us in the long run.

Konradr
Back to top Go down
Dwyna

Dwyna

PostSubject: Re: Allthing update ALL MUST READ!!!!!!!!!!!   Allthing update ALL MUST READ!!!!!!!!!!! I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 28, 2010 6:48 pm

I can't be there Saturday due to working from 9am-5pm. If I'm needed for giving someone a ride on Sunday, just give me a message here or have Surt or K'urn call me.

I'm looking forward to seeing all.

Dwyna study
Back to top Go down
Sarabi

Sarabi

PostSubject: Re: Allthing update ALL MUST READ!!!!!!!!!!!   Allthing update ALL MUST READ!!!!!!!!!!! I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 28, 2010 8:57 pm

well try our best to be there i know taco is super excited about it.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1336161982
Surt

Surt

PostSubject: Re: Allthing update ALL MUST READ!!!!!!!!!!!   Allthing update ALL MUST READ!!!!!!!!!!! I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 29, 2010 12:16 am

if we started at 10 a.m. could you make it demi? and if we started at 10 a.m. would everyone else be willing to show up that early?

king
Back to top Go down
Surt

Surt

PostSubject: Re: Allthing update ALL MUST READ!!!!!!!!!!!   Allthing update ALL MUST READ!!!!!!!!!!! I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 29, 2010 12:51 am

btw this is definitely happening. its nothing to stress over. just make sure you are fully garbed and looking awesome and try to recover your weapons if they need it so all your stuff looks good. its a small crew and they say the show is light hearted and easy going so it should just be a normal fun day where we happen to be getting taped fighting. but bring your a-game so you look awesome doing it!

king
Back to top Go down
Thunderhorse

Thunderhorse

PostSubject: Re: Allthing update ALL MUST READ!!!!!!!!!!!   Allthing update ALL MUST READ!!!!!!!!!!! I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 29, 2010 1:14 am

Thats fricken awesome guys.. I cant wait to see the Spot on us. I really hope it turns out well and shows off how awesome you guys are. Do good, look good, be good, and have fun guys.

MAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNN soooooo awesome.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WIsh I could be there for it.
Back to top Go down
Trenton

Trenton

PostSubject: Re: Allthing update ALL MUST READ!!!!!!!!!!!   Allthing update ALL MUST READ!!!!!!!!!!! I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 29, 2010 1:19 am

What area in Sunset park? Depending on where there are ALOT more Muggles then Spring valley park. And Sunday its packed.
I play NERO there every month. As an ex 3d Animator and film person. I would HATE to film there. :\

I'll be where ever it is. Just giving some info. Less traffic it is not.

*edit* UNLESS it is in the back of the park farthest from eatern or sunset. That corner is quiet-ish.
Back to top Go down
http://www.nerolasvegas.com/
konradr

konradr

PostSubject: Re: Allthing update ALL MUST READ!!!!!!!!!!!   Allthing update ALL MUST READ!!!!!!!!!!! I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 29, 2010 2:48 am

The back part he is talking about is where the SCA guys were meeting that wednesday night we all went to practice there. That area's is only busy when there's a company picnic going on.

Konradr

Back to top Go down
Knubbs

Knubbs

PostSubject: Re: Allthing update ALL MUST READ!!!!!!!!!!!   Allthing update ALL MUST READ!!!!!!!!!!! I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 29, 2010 2:49 am

Would be perfect. Smile

We will need to section off an area to fight in if there are too many people around. Smile
Back to top Go down
Dwyna

Dwyna

PostSubject: Re: Allthing update ALL MUST READ!!!!!!!!!!!   Allthing update ALL MUST READ!!!!!!!!!!! I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 29, 2010 7:00 am

I'll be there whatever the start time is. Smile I'm really looking forward to it.

Dwyna study
Back to top Go down
K'urn

K'urn

PostSubject: Re: Allthing update ALL MUST READ!!!!!!!!!!!   Allthing update ALL MUST READ!!!!!!!!!!! I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 29, 2010 4:04 pm

That is precisely where I was thinking. That ring of trees would be perfect shade.

K-
Back to top Go down
Demie Zephyra

Demie Zephyra

PostSubject: Re: Allthing update ALL MUST READ!!!!!!!!!!!   Allthing update ALL MUST READ!!!!!!!!!!! I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 29, 2010 5:01 pm

If you started at ten, Surt, I could make it for a couple of hours I guess.
Back to top Go down
Trenton

Trenton

PostSubject: Re: Allthing update ALL MUST READ!!!!!!!!!!!   Allthing update ALL MUST READ!!!!!!!!!!! I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 30, 2010 12:07 am

ok so far SE corner of the park. Got it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.nerolasvegas.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Allthing update ALL MUST READ!!!!!!!!!!!   Allthing update ALL MUST READ!!!!!!!!!!! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Allthing update ALL MUST READ!!!!!!!!!!!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next