Barad'Dun The Western Tower
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Barad'Dun The Western Tower

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  WebpageWebpage  Log inLog in  

Fool's Raid 2011

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
konradr

konradr

Fool's Raid 2011 Empty
PostSubject: Fool's Raid 2011   Fool's Raid 2011 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 15, 2011 5:51 pm

From the Aggelgorod Event page.
Quote :

Dagorhir Fool's Raid!

Mallenorod

Saturday, April 2-3, 2011 - 12:00 pm - 5:00 pm
"Let the raiders come try to take our lands from us!! Their folly shall be met with steel and arrows!! They will make peace with their gods as they lie dying on our lands! Then we will all have lunch together."

This event is open to all groups!!! This will be a dagorhir sponsored
event so we will be following the Dagorhir rule book and will require Dagorhir wavers.

There will be a picnic BBQ afterwards from 5:00pm until whenever! Bring whatever manner of food and drink you'd like to contribute. There is no cost for this event.

The Location for this Event has NOT YET BEEN DETERMINED!

Mallenorod is the Dag Realm in Northern California.

Konradr
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelfire.com/nv/jazzviking/whatisa.html
konradr

konradr

Fool's Raid 2011 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fool's Raid 2011   Fool's Raid 2011 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 20, 2011 6:14 pm

Here's the link on the Bel boards and I'm sure this is posted on the Dag Boards as well. This is a Dag event. I'm not planning on making too many events this year. I'd like to try for this one.

Quote :
Come join Dagorhir Mallenorod for our Second Annual War of Silica Vale and
FOOL'S RAID
April 29 - May 1, 2011, Milpitas, CA

Address: Old Calaveras Rd., Milpitas, CA 95035

We are camping from Friday, April 29th through Sunday, May 1st, 2011. With the volunteer work we're doing for the parks, the cost will be around $5 per person for the event. That's five bucks for fighting, camping and fun all weekend long. An optional Feast is also planned, with hearty foods on Saturday night and a Pancake Breakfast on Sunday morning - all for $5 a head for two meals.

The parking fees will depend on if you are staying overnight or not. Please carpool to save on parking space and cost. Parking will be $12 per car for Friday and another $12 for Saturday if your carload is staying overnight. Sunday is included for the overnight guests. If you are coming only during the day, parking is $6 per car each day. We have a combination lock at the gate, so we *ARE* able to let people in after sunset.

We have a TON of camping space and a large fighting field, plus some possibilities of shaded fighting areas. There is an onsite washroom with flush toilets and running water, but no showers and no power, so plan accordingly. Shopping is nearby offsite. And there is a playground right by our camping area, hiking trails, a stocked fishing lake so bring the family along for the fun. The park is in the foothills to the East (Northeast) of San Jose), so expect cool evenings and warm days, with chances of fog, hang gliders and wild turkeys (the noisy kind).

Update: Aggelgorod has officially named Silica Vale the site of FOOL'S RAID 2011

We have people planning to come from all over California and are working on getting the word out to our Western Brethren. Flyers are available and there's a Tome of Faces Group that you can sign up for to get more information. Please PM me (Kyrax) with any questions.

http://board.belegarth.com/viewtopic.php?f=130&t=37116

Konradr
Back to top Go down
Kyrax

Fool's Raid 2011 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fool's Raid 2011   Fool's Raid 2011 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 23, 2011 6:10 pm

Oops - just noticed that bit you quoted from the Aggelgorod Events page is WRONG!!! They've corrected it now - Silica Vale/Fool's Raid will be April 29-May 1.

Thanks for posting this Konradr. Yes, I've got it posted everywhere I can think of, on both Bel and Dag boards, as well as all the realm boards I can find: Here; Mallenorod; Aggelgorod; and Fugl Brenna.

Please pass the word around and talk this up to your friends. We've gotten a lot of interest from California realms and chapters and we're hoping for a big turnout. When you go to War of the Reckoning, please pass the word that we're hosting Fool's Raid and would love to get out as many folks as we can.

Drop me a line if you have any questions
Back to top Go down
Sarabi

Sarabi

Fool's Raid 2011 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fool's Raid 2011   Fool's Raid 2011 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 23, 2011 7:51 pm

either date i'm in i loved fools raid last year it was lot of fun!
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1336161982
konradr

konradr

Fool's Raid 2011 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fool's Raid 2011   Fool's Raid 2011 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 21, 2011 5:37 pm

This event is at the last weekend of this month for anyone wanting to make it and represent Barad'Dun. I won't be able to go.

Konradr
Back to top Go down
Kyrax

Fool's Raid 2011 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fool's Raid 2011   Fool's Raid 2011 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 21, 2011 7:42 pm

Sorry to hear that Konradr - it's going to be a lot of fun. We've got folks from all over California coming and we'd love it if Barad'Dun can join us. It's a nice site with grass, shady trees, good chances for fog to roll in in the evenings/mornings, etc.

Come West and join in on the fun!
Back to top Go down
Knubbs

Knubbs

Fool's Raid 2011 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fool's Raid 2011   Fool's Raid 2011 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 22, 2011 8:34 am

I'll be going. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sarabi

Sarabi

Fool's Raid 2011 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fool's Raid 2011   Fool's Raid 2011 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 22, 2011 6:33 pm

GO KNUBBS!!!! WOOOOOOOOO
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1336161982
Phoxly

Phoxly

Fool's Raid 2011 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fool's Raid 2011   Fool's Raid 2011 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 22, 2011 7:56 pm

Knubbs wrote:
I'll be going. Smile

Like a boss! Go Knubbs!
Back to top Go down
Kyrax

Fool's Raid 2011 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fool's Raid 2011   Fool's Raid 2011 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 25, 2011 4:48 pm

Great to hear Knubbs. Load your car with friends to share the gas costs and join the fun!

Preliminary weather reports are in and it will be gorgeous for Fool's Raid. High temps in the 70s to low 80s, lots of sun. The evenings will be cool, and maybe foggy in the mornings, so plan on layers, bring sunscreens and you'll be ready!

Of course for you folks in Barad'Dun this will be cool weather. And for anyone planning on going to Ragnarok, we're going to preview some of the Tuesday woods battle scenarios (with some trees, not real woods) that Aggelgorod is going to host.
Back to top Go down
Knubbs

Knubbs

Fool's Raid 2011 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fool's Raid 2011   Fool's Raid 2011 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 25, 2011 9:30 pm

Im actually heading up solo. Im going to be in the area for a whole week and Im hitting you guys up along the way. Smile
Back to top Go down
Kyrax

Fool's Raid 2011 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fool's Raid 2011   Fool's Raid 2011 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 28, 2011 10:59 pm

We have a couple of vendors who will be onsite, including two purveyors of leather goods, I'll have some cheap arrow shafts, sword and arrowhead kits, etc.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Fool's Raid 2011 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fool's Raid 2011   Fool's Raid 2011 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Fool's Raid 2011
Page 1 of 1