Barad'Dun The Western Tower
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Barad'Dun The Western Tower

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  WebpageWebpage  Log inLog in  

Combatcon in las vegas june 24-26.

Go down 
+11
Mathan
Smithy
Demie Zephyra
Phoxly
Knubbs
Sarabi
Isk
Dwyna
xVHeretic
Taco
konradr
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Dwyna

Dwyna

Combatcon in las vegas june 24-26. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Combatcon in las vegas june 24-26.   Combatcon in las vegas june 24-26. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2011 9:02 pm

Question...

Since I am unable to be at the Saturday practice due to my work schedule, who should I be arranging to meet otherwise to turn in my donation?

thanks,
study
Back to top Go down
konradr

konradr

PostSubject: Re: Combatcon in las vegas june 24-26.   Combatcon in las vegas june 24-26. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 04, 2011 4:39 pm

Maybe someone who lives near you can swing by and get that Dwyna. We'll work it out.

I just want to say, I'm still waiting to hear from them about vendor passes and or serious vendor discounts so that we can get as many of you in as we can for the demo. I, for one, am not going to pay $80 for the weekend registration, or $55 for Saturday, or $35 for Sunday.

If they don't allow us to get our people in, I may recommend we don't go. However, that will be a call for the Tribunal to make as soon as we hear from them on this issue.

The last email I received on the subject, they were asking me "How many people we need at any given time to run the demo/booth space." Good question. Whats a good answer? How many people do we need to run a 10' by 20' demo space?

Konradr
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelfire.com/nv/jazzviking/whatisa.html
Knubbs

Knubbs

PostSubject: Re: Combatcon in las vegas june 24-26.   Combatcon in las vegas june 24-26. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 04, 2011 4:57 pm

well if we want people to walk around with flyers and patrol the booth

booth is 2x (4 or 5 man teams) plus 1 Marshall & 2 people talking about it to the crowd.

so we say also 2-4 teams of 2 people walking around with flyers.

I would guestimate around 15 - 21 people.
Back to top Go down
Phoxly

Phoxly

PostSubject: Re: Combatcon in las vegas june 24-26.   Combatcon in las vegas june 24-26. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 04, 2011 5:05 pm

Knubbs wrote:
well if we want people to walk around with flyers and patrol the booth

booth is 2x (4 or 5 man teams) plus 1 Marshall & 2 people talking about it to the crowd.

so we say also 2-4 teams of 2 people walking around with flyers.

I would guestimate around 15 - 21 people.

We'd do better cutting the teams of people walking around with flyers to undercut our manpower than actually expect 15-21 people to go to combatcon. I think set the personnel budget at 10 people, and if you get extra people in the realm who come you can plan accordingly.
Back to top Go down
Phoxly

Phoxly

PostSubject: Re: Combatcon in las vegas june 24-26.   Combatcon in las vegas june 24-26. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 04, 2011 5:12 pm

Also I approve of Templar accepting donations... I know where he sleeps. Wink it's cozy in there, and he's trustworthy.
Back to top Go down
Knubbs

Knubbs

PostSubject: Re: Combatcon in las vegas june 24-26.   Combatcon in las vegas june 24-26. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 04, 2011 6:09 pm

Im over estimating to get more people in and its better to get more then have less.
Back to top Go down
Phoxly

Phoxly

PostSubject: Re: Combatcon in las vegas june 24-26.   Combatcon in las vegas june 24-26. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 04, 2011 6:29 pm

Knubbs wrote:
Im over estimating to get more people in and its better to get more then have less.

Simply saying we should have X amount of people doesn't mean that many will come out, the last practice we had barely 10 people show up, and when we discussed the event 3-4 weeks ago only a handful said they could actually go to the event. Just saying in my experience as a trade show onsite staff it's better to be expect fewer people, and make use of more; than make use of 15-21 people and have only half that show up.

I'm sure you guys will figure it out.
Back to top Go down
konradr

konradr

PostSubject: Re: Combatcon in las vegas june 24-26.   Combatcon in las vegas june 24-26. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 04, 2011 6:57 pm

I'm thinking more along the lines of 10 people too, switching off where neccessary and schedules permitting and everyone else continuing with practice as normal. But I don't see why we can't say 20 and see what they allow.

knubbs, its 1 herald in our game. Very Happy I also think 1 tribunal member at least should be present at all times.

Konradr
Back to top Go down
Knubbs

Knubbs

PostSubject: Re: Combatcon in las vegas june 24-26.   Combatcon in las vegas june 24-26. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 05, 2011 12:34 am

Marshall = Herald... Our Marshall is our Head Herald.... Smile
Back to top Go down
konradr

konradr

PostSubject: Re: Combatcon in las vegas june 24-26.   Combatcon in las vegas june 24-26. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 09, 2011 7:51 am

Okay we're still mulling this over. Sorry I missed last week's practice and looks like I will miss this one coming up too.

The first problem is that they will only allow 2 people per booth space a 'Vendor's pass'. That means a total of 4 people can get in for free if we pay for two booth spaces.

They sent me this email today.

Quote :
Hi Kurt,

Great to hear that you'll be joining us!

Let me run something by you that may be mutually beneficial. One of the activities we're planning is a convention-wide "Highlander" game for anyone who wants to play. The idea is that the game will let participants track down other "immortals" and challenge them to fight. To do this all the fights would happen in a specified area, and with specific equipment (for safety concerns). I think that your booth would be great for the specified area. This would mean the fighters would use your equipment, and your people would judge who wins each "duel." Of course, we don't want to charge the players to participate, but this would drive a lot of traffic your way.

What we could offer you in way of compensation is an extra booth space. This would give you a 10x20 area just for fighting, and a 10x10 area for equipment, your people, people on deck, marketing material, etc.. It also provides good visibility to your booth, and encourages more people to try your product. Another advantage of this is that it gives you an additional two people who can come to the con for free (each booth space comes with two passes to the con).

We will finalize the details as we get closer, but I wanted to see if this deal would interest to you. Please let me know your thoughts.

Take care,
Jared Kirby

They are offering us extra space and 2 more passes (6 people total) if we run their highland tournement using our space and our equipment with us heralding.

This is the reply I sent:
Quote :
That sounds good. I have to talk with Smithy(Pat), Heretic (Mike) and Demie (Kat), they are the three realm officers. Both Dagorhir and Belegarth groups often run 'Highlander' tournements at events. One of our guys, Taco (Josh) was a Highlander winner at Chaos wars which is THE major (week long) fighting event for Western Belegarth groups. He had to beat alot of good fighters to win. Using our space and our equipment would be great. I really would like to have at least 10 of our guys there on vendor passes. Not only because we will be bringing in alot of stuff, but also to demonstrate, as well as teach people to fight, and to herald (Our herald's are like Safety referee's. They watch the combat for anything dangerous and any blatant cheating).

Konradr

Last edited by konradr on Wed Mar 09, 2011 8:05 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Dwyna

Dwyna

PostSubject: Re: Combatcon in las vegas june 24-26.   Combatcon in las vegas june 24-26. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 09, 2011 8:01 am

Sorry if I'm mixing the thread, but who/where do I need to deliver my donation to since I can't make Saturdays? Or should I just bring it to the next Althing at the end of March?

study
Back to top Go down
Phoxly

Phoxly

PostSubject: Re: Combatcon in las vegas june 24-26.   Combatcon in las vegas june 24-26. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 09, 2011 3:37 pm

Dwyna wrote:
Sorry if I'm mixing the thread, but who/where do I need to deliver my donation to since I can't make Saturdays? Or should I just bring it to the next Althing at the end of March?

study

That would probably work Dwyna. Smile Love seeing you out!
Back to top Go down
Phoxly

Phoxly

PostSubject: Re: Combatcon in las vegas june 24-26.   Combatcon in las vegas june 24-26. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 09, 2011 3:39 pm

konradr wrote:
Okay we're still mulling this over. Sorry I missed last week's practice and looks like I will miss this one coming up too.

The first problem is that they will only allow 2 people per booth space a 'Vendor's pass'. That means a total of 4 people can get in for free if we pay for two booth spaces.

They sent me this email today.

Quote :
Hi Kurt,

Great to hear that you'll be joining us!

Let me run something by you that may be mutually beneficial. One of the activities we're planning is a convention-wide "Highlander" game for anyone who wants to play. The idea is that the game will let participants track down other "immortals" and challenge them to fight. To do this all the fights would happen in a specified area, and with specific equipment (for safety concerns). I think that your booth would be great for the specified area. This would mean the fighters would use your equipment, and your people would judge who wins each "duel." Of course, we don't want to charge the players to participate, but this would drive a lot of traffic your way.

What we could offer you in way of compensation is an extra booth space. This would give you a 10x20 area just for fighting, and a 10x10 area for equipment, your people, people on deck, marketing material, etc.. It also provides good visibility to your booth, and encourages more people to try your product. Another advantage of this is that it gives you an additional two people who can come to the con for free (each booth space comes with two passes to the con).

We will finalize the details as we get closer, but I wanted to see if this deal would interest to you. Please let me know your thoughts.

Take care,
Jared Kirby

They are offering us extra space and 2 more passes (6 people total) if we run their highland tournement using our space and our equipment with us heralding.

This is the reply I sent:
Quote :
That sounds good. I have to talk with Smithy(Pat), Heretic (Mike) and Demie (Kat), they are the three realm officers. Both Dagorhir and Belegarth groups often run 'Highlander' tournements at events. One of our guys, Taco (Josh) was a Highlander winner at Chaos wars which is THE major (week long) fighting event for Western Belegarth groups. He had to beat alot of good fighters to win. Using our space and our equipment would be great. I really would like to have at least 10 of our guys there on vendor passes. Not only because we will be bringing in alot of stuff, but also to demonstrate, as well as teach people to fight, and to herald (Our herald's are like Safety referee's. They watch the combat for anything dangerous and any blatant cheating).

Konradr

Now this is more like whats going to get us noticed. We'll need equipment for them to use, so maybe the new loaner swords can be used...? We can use a different cover so that all equipment we bring looks sharp.
Back to top Go down
konradr

konradr

PostSubject: Re: Combatcon in las vegas june 24-26.   Combatcon in las vegas june 24-26. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 09, 2011 9:05 pm

I'm hoping they''ll let us have 10 people. If not, we'll have to pay for additional people.

I read over the vendor application which needs to be filled out and signed and faxed in when we finally make our payment (which I will do via paypal)

I'm not a realm officer and feel I shouldn't sign said document. I think Smithy or Heretic should.

1. Contact info:
Company name: Barad'Dun; Las Vegas Chapter of Dagorhir.

Contact name: Smithy or Heretic (real names)

Phone number:

Email: Your own or you can put mine. kjbowker@msn.com

2. Products and services:

describe products, displayed at booth: Promotional art and fighting demo for recruitment.

Products for sale: I left blank since as a group we are not selling anything.

Display of weaponry: Yes, foam padded weapons and shields.

Display of Adult material: No.

3. Exhibit space:

2 x booth spaces together. space 21 = $150. space 28 = $100 plus electrical power = $20. total cost $270.

Authorized signature: One of said officers must sign, real name.
Print name:
date:

this form needs to be printed off from the combatcon vendor webpage and then filled out.

Konradr
Back to top Go down
konradr

konradr

PostSubject: Re: Combatcon in las vegas june 24-26.   Combatcon in las vegas june 24-26. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 16, 2011 7:52 pm

I won't be able to practice this saturday as I have to work. However, if anyone has donations for combatacon please give them to Smithy. I will stop by after work to collect any donations so we can pay for our space.

The final word is, we can have 6 people in on Vendor passes. We will most likely have 3 booth spaces, one given by the organizers so that we can hold their highlander tournament.

Anyone else wanting to go must pay the normal fees to get in. You will be allowed to work our demo as you wish.

Smihty will choose the "Chosen Six". Hopefully giving each member time to ask for time off from work and to prepare their garb. Working the booths means not only demo fighting, but talking to any and everyone who takes a look. Also getting people to sign waivers, teaching them the rules and heralding.

Other things we will need is flyers to hand out or that they can take, business cards, etc. A promotional board with photos, map of our location and pics of our guys fighting, etc.

Smithy will rig up some kind of audio/visual stuff.

We will need coolers with food and drink as well.

All this will mean work for the chosen 6, and will cost money, so whatever we can come up with a realm between now and june will help. But I need to have $270 to get the booth spaces and electricity. I have $140 from my own pocket already in the bank.

Konradr
Back to top Go down
Phoxly

Phoxly

PostSubject: Re: Combatcon in las vegas june 24-26.   Combatcon in las vegas june 24-26. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 16, 2011 8:17 pm

For Visual you can get a small TV and a DVD player that we can burn our demo video to?
Back to top Go down
Sarabi

Sarabi

PostSubject: Re: Combatcon in las vegas june 24-26.   Combatcon in las vegas june 24-26. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 16, 2011 11:28 pm

Phoxly wrote:
Dwyna wrote:

study

That would probably work Dwyna. Smile Love seeing you out!

miss seeing you out!!!

we need to do more things that create realm funding!!
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1336161982
konradr

konradr

PostSubject: Re: Combatcon in las vegas june 24-26.   Combatcon in las vegas june 24-26. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 20, 2011 3:17 pm

The currant funds are now at $220. Another $50 and I will pay for our booth spaces and we will rock their medieval experience! cheers

Konradr
Back to top Go down
Dwyna

Dwyna

PostSubject: Re: Combatcon in las vegas june 24-26.   Combatcon in las vegas june 24-26. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 20, 2011 4:01 pm

Konradr,

I'll be bringing $40 to Althing. So that means someone needs to bring $10 and it's set.

study
Back to top Go down
Mathan

Mathan

PostSubject: Re: Combatcon in las vegas june 24-26.   Combatcon in las vegas june 24-26. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 20, 2011 6:08 pm

ill bring $10 next practis for it
Back to top Go down
Phoxly

Phoxly

PostSubject: Re: Combatcon in las vegas june 24-26.   Combatcon in las vegas june 24-26. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 20, 2011 6:47 pm

You guys are awesome Smile
Back to top Go down
Alacian

Alacian

PostSubject: Re: Combatcon in las vegas june 24-26.   Combatcon in las vegas june 24-26. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 20, 2011 7:30 pm

I gave ten to Smithy yesterday.
Back to top Go down
konradr

konradr

PostSubject: Re: Combatcon in las vegas june 24-26.   Combatcon in las vegas june 24-26. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 25, 2011 6:52 am

Here's the latest email, its from Tim who will be running the highlander tournement and wants to coordinate with us:

Quote :
Hi Kurt! Thank you for all that info on different Highlander games, and on your set up and different weapons. This sounds great, and I think we'll be able to put together something great. What I'll do is come up with a draft and send it your way to see if you think it'll work. Then we'll get it up on the website and advertise the heck out of it.

Speaking of which, do you have any info that I can put up about your organization? A website and images would be good, but anything we can use to market the game and market your group.

I'll be working on this over the next several weeks, so please feel free to shoot more suggestions or ideas my way. Thanks again for everything, and I'm looking forward to seeing y'all down in Vegas!

Best Regards,
-Tim.

I will send him the link to our web forum and pics and vids page.

Konradr
Back to top Go down
konradr

konradr

PostSubject: Re: Combatcon in las vegas june 24-26.   Combatcon in las vegas june 24-26. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 27, 2011 4:33 am

Thank you Izzy and Convel for the $20 donation to the combatacon fund. We are getting closer guys.

konradr
Back to top Go down
konradr

konradr

PostSubject: Re: Combatcon in las vegas june 24-26.   Combatcon in las vegas june 24-26. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 29, 2011 6:09 pm

Thank you Dwyna for your $40 donation during Althing!

I have paid for our booth spaces and electricity via Paypal. So we are set. Smithy!!! You need to fill out the vendor forms and either fax it to them, or give back to me and I will scan it and email the scans to them.

Konradr
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Combatcon in las vegas june 24-26.   Combatcon in las vegas june 24-26. - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Combatcon in las vegas june 24-26.
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next