Barad'Dun The Western Tower
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Barad'Dun The Western Tower

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  WebpageWebpage  Log inLog in  

Looking for Red Videos

Go down 
+3
Knubbs
Hxctemplar
barrikaide
7 posters
AuthorMessage
barrikaide

Looking for Red Videos Empty
PostSubject: Looking for Red Videos   Looking for Red Videos I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 01, 2011 10:20 pm

Want to learn a thing or two. So any Videos with some good Red Fighting post them on here plz thanks. Dag or Bel dont matter ill learn from them all Smile
Back to top Go down
Hxctemplar

Hxctemplar

PostSubject: Re: Looking for Red Videos   Looking for Red Videos I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 01, 2011 11:06 pm

A red tournament from Gates of Summer. This always gets me itching to remake my hammer lol
Back to top Go down
Knubbs

Knubbs

PostSubject: Re: Looking for Red Videos   Looking for Red Videos I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 02, 2011 4:39 pm

Not a lot of Red videos on the interwubs, unfortunately....

Best advice I can give, try and look into Historical references for styles. These styles all depend on what type of red you want to use. Greatsword, Warhammer, Two Handed Axe, Polearm. They have similar aspects but different enough styles to warrant research.

Greatswords = Usually are 5-6ft in Length allowing a lot of power being generated from the hips, not as long as a Polearm but of the length they usually have 3.5-4ft in physical blade length.

Warhammer/Two Handed Axe = Similar to Greatswords in many ways except for hitting surface. Smaller area to aim with, but can generate more power than a Greatsword if used properly.

Polearm = I consistently call these Spears w/ benefits. This is caused by the general style approached in there use. Can be harder to get solid red hits with the length of the pole contributing to the physics of the weapons. The longer it is the more strength it needs to generate enough force to hit solidly.

Back to top Go down
barrikaide

PostSubject: Re: Looking for Red Videos   Looking for Red Videos I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 02, 2011 7:20 pm

good stuff.

Not looking for just Red videos. But any videos you might happen to see a red owning face. Ive seen bunch just looking for more and more
Back to top Go down
Phoxly

Phoxly

PostSubject: Re: Looking for Red Videos   Looking for Red Videos I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 02, 2011 7:31 pm

As much as I hate to suggest it to you Barrikaide, Forkbeard is an experienced red user, and probably knows some really good pointers/tips and maybe some videos?
Back to top Go down
barrikaide

PostSubject: Re: Looking for Red Videos   Looking for Red Videos I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 03, 2011 5:11 am

Hmm good idea. Ask the guy that insults our leader.... think ill pass.

Plus Isk is using a red now quite often i could always bug him for tips.
Back to top Go down
Phoxly

Phoxly

PostSubject: Re: Looking for Red Videos   Looking for Red Videos I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 03, 2011 3:10 pm

Maybe some good sparring sessions in with Isk Smile
Back to top Go down
konradr

konradr

PostSubject: Re: Looking for Red Videos   Looking for Red Videos I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 03, 2011 4:27 pm

Isk and Forkbeard will both be at War of Reckoning.... There ya go.

Konradr
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelfire.com/nv/jazzviking/whatisa.html
Phoxly

Phoxly

PostSubject: Re: Looking for Red Videos   Looking for Red Videos I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 03, 2011 6:00 pm

Speaking of sparring sessions... I need to get some spearwork in since I don't want to be stuck using archery the entire event >_<
Back to top Go down
Isk

Isk

PostSubject: Re: Looking for Red Videos   Looking for Red Videos I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 03, 2011 6:43 pm

Taco is also a good resource for you on fighting red.

You may have found these links already, but this thread on the bel board has great stuff:
http://board.belegarth.com/viewtopic.php?f=135&t=26377

I have collected a number of videos on our training page, http://antirdearg.com/content/training , and have made a page specifically with a couple videos for red and spear users, http://antirdearg.com/content/reds_and_spears . Note that most of these videos are actually playlists, so you see one video window, but there may be as many as fifteen or so videos ready to play there.

There have been several pretty good threads on red fighting the last while on the bel board, you might check them out as well. Knubbs advice is also very solid as much of the real historical technique with longswords and polearms does translate pretty well into bel/dag fighting. Check on youtube for videos referencing talhoffer, fiori de liberi, ringeck, arma and hema.

My personal tip that I think most red fighters need to get in their heads right off is that it is all about leverage, not big swings. You push the weapon forward with your upper, fulcrum, hand and then crank back toward yourself with the lower, lever, hand and you generate a ton of power and speed while the tip only travels a foot or two. Tie that in with your shoulders and hips and you will be generating the power a red should deliver while staying close and quick.
Back to top Go down
http://www.antirdearg.com
Sarabi

Sarabi

PostSubject: Re: Looking for Red Videos   Looking for Red Videos I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 03, 2011 8:17 pm

yeah i remember in high school taco and his friends did alot of red fighting together... maybe it's something we can work on next practice cause i know jaysha needs some work.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1336161982
barrikaide

PostSubject: Re: Looking for Red Videos   Looking for Red Videos I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 03, 2011 9:25 pm

good stuff thanks ISK
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Looking for Red Videos   Looking for Red Videos I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Looking for Red Videos
Page 1 of 1