Barad'Dun The Western Tower
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Barad'Dun The Western Tower

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  WebpageWebpage  Log inLog in  

Realm ambassadorship

Go down 
+2
Mathan
konradr
6 posters
AuthorMessage
konradr

konradr

Realm ambassadorship Empty
PostSubject: Realm ambassadorship   Realm ambassadorship I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 20, 2011 7:03 am

When new people turn in their waivers, the officer who accepts them should check and make sure there is contact info on the waiver. If not a phone number, then an email address. If there is no contact info the officer should insist to the new person to put something down, and make sure it is ok for us to contact them with informatio...n about the realm, such as weapon's builds, garb hunts, changes to practice location, special visits, etc, etc, etc. In fact we should have a Realm Ambassador type person who gathers a list of cel phone numbers and email addresses and does a batch text or email anytime something is going down.

For instance, a welcome to the realm speech, text or email, welcome aboard, how did you like your first practice, do you have any questions, etc, etc, etc. Right after their first time out with us.

Konradr
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelfire.com/nv/jazzviking/whatisa.html
Mathan

Mathan

PostSubject: Re: Realm ambassadorship   Realm ambassadorship I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 20, 2011 6:04 pm

sounds like good idea konradr
Back to top Go down
Alacian

Alacian

PostSubject: Re: Realm ambassadorship   Realm ambassadorship I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 20, 2011 7:51 pm

Barring complaints -

I would like to volunteer for the position. I don't hold any in-realm affiliations but I am usually up to date with what's going on in the realm due to the fact that I make a point of knowing. Aside from that I do have the time to do this for new and current members alike. I also keep in touch with those that regularly visit us from other realms and a few others farther out that are contemplating a visit.

As of yesterday we also seem to have a lack of communication on a few things that I won't go into. That's a reason I'm also volunteering for this because I make a point of knowing what's going on for my own benefit and my brothers. I don't mind passing on the information and making sure everyone is informed in advance so they can plan accordingly.

Anyway. On that note I will close off my post and await the feedback.

Cheers.

- A

Edit:

I'd call it 'Shepherd's Assistant', not realm ambassador. But that's just me...glorified paper pusher, doorman, the greeting guy at Wal-Mart?
Back to top Go down
Phoxly

Phoxly

PostSubject: Re: Realm ambassadorship   Realm ambassadorship I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 20, 2011 9:37 pm

Knubbs is already our glorified paper pusher Wink this job is a little outside the scope of the scribe's duties, and involves more sending out a weekly email newsletter, facebook invites, etc based off the information they give us.

I don't know about calling people, as that gets a little "naggy" but an email is subtle. If I got a call reminding me or asking that I go to practice I'd probably get a little annoyed. Whoever sends the email out would be best to copy the king and shepherd on the email so we know it's getting sent out every week.

I can look into Facebook's ability to "add users to a group" via email, and maybe we can intertwine new people even more into the realm. Smile

I originally suggested that Kitty do this, since she already coordinates weekly Facebook invites to a new event she creates on Facebook every week, both for realm practices and for Black Lion practices. I think all she'd need to pull something off like this would be the waivers from the past 1 year, and grab email addresses off them and start rolling. Or Alacian could, but Kitty has more experience. I'd say we need input from the King and the Shepherd.

This doesn't need to be a position of power, but really just a subtle job that someone does to make our realm have a better retention rate on our newbies.

Edit: It doesn't mean putting a face on the email either. The email format could be something like this:
Quote :

Greetings!

The Las Vegas chapter of Dagorhir, Barad'Dun, would like to inform you that we will be practicing at Desert Breeze park this weekend -DATE- at the corner of Twain and Durango. For more information about our group, or to chat with us on our forums please visit the link below:

https://baraddun.forumotion.net

or check out our latest demo youtube video:

-link-

Hope to see you on the field of battle!

It's not one person's job to make newbies feel at home, but rather the entire group's job. Knubbs does a great job (when he shows up) at helping new fighters get in that groove and sit down and talk with them. He did a great job of introducing Convel and Izzy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Alacian

Alacian

PostSubject: Re: Realm ambassadorship   Realm ambassadorship I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 20, 2011 9:55 pm

Frankly, anyone can do the job. It doesn't take experience with Facebook event invites to be good with people and time efficient enough to keep our members updated on current and future events or to keep new and potential members coming back to our realm. Not everyone has facebook.

All it takes is the initiative to keep in touch with everyone via email, phone, or otherwise. Some people don't have internet so you would have to call them. It's not naggy if they agree to it. I, personally, stepped up to the plate for it because I do keep in touch with people whether they're in our realm or otherwise. And I have the time. I keep in touch with our Shepherd to know whether there's going to be RA practice which seemed to be one of our issues in the realm yesterday. That's one of the reasons I offered.

I used to run a three server game for five years that I built from the ground up. So, I'm used to keeping in contact with people. I used to send out a weekly newsletter via email on our progress and what still needed done, etc. Or I called those that I knew who only worked for me certain days when they had access to a computer and the internet to let them know what was going on.

However, if someone else or Kitty wants it and the tribunal and realm approves then go for it. I just offered myself up for it to help out with the realm.
Back to top Go down
Phoxly

Phoxly

PostSubject: Re: Realm ambassadorship   Realm ambassadorship I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 20, 2011 10:13 pm

konradr wrote:

For instance, a welcome to the realm speech, text or email, welcome aboard, how did you like your first practice, do you have any questions, etc, etc, etc. Right after their first time out with us.

Konradr

I think these are the best thing we can set up. A preset message format for each one that we can batch send when new people join the group. Getting them on the boards will definitely help too.
Back to top Go down
Sarabi

Sarabi

PostSubject: Re: Realm ambassadorship   Realm ambassadorship I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 20, 2011 10:36 pm

I really want this job. literally i have nothing to do at home and i think I've been pretty consistent on keeping up to date with Facebook no you don't need Facebook skills to do this but it's not like i don't own a phone and its not like i can't call people i would still very much so love to do this i did this for 2 years for our high school group and a year afterwards with a job corps group calling and emailing so i would be comfortable with this job. I've been part of this sport 4 years on taco's side and have worked hard to get somewhere. i'm now really wanting to put more effort and part into this realm because it's literally all i have right now. i would really love having this job and would for sure make sure i do it right. do it consistent. pushing yourself to knowing everything could also be a down fall you don't need to know someones life, background, drama, blah blah blah to do this job being a friendly member which is everyones job is what you need frankly anyone could it as Alyssa said. I would really love to do this. so i'm putting my hand out on may the best man win. and good luck.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1336161982
konradr

konradr

PostSubject: Re: Realm ambassadorship   Realm ambassadorship I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2011 3:12 pm

I think its awesome the two of you wanting to do this. Barring a decision by the Tribunal, why don't you two split the work in two? Alacian take the phone duties and keep our newest members who haven't or can't get on the internet, in the loop. Akeria, keep up a facebook posting and mail out flyers to interest old members who haven't come out in awhile via the address's on the old waivers. Maybe both of you can work on the flyer mailings together. Think about it.

Konradr
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelfire.com/nv/jazzviking/whatisa.html
Sarabi

Sarabi

PostSubject: Re: Realm ambassadorship   Realm ambassadorship I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2011 11:11 pm

sure i don't mind either i'll do what i'm asked...
Back to top Go down
Alacian

Alacian

PostSubject: Re: Realm ambassadorship   Realm ambassadorship I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 25, 2011 2:10 am

I thought about it and I know how much you want it, Kitty. So unless the tribunal says otherwise...Go for it. I know you'll do a good job.

Cheers.

- A
Back to top Go down
Smithy
Admin
Smithy

PostSubject: Re: Realm ambassadorship   Realm ambassadorship I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 25, 2011 6:50 am

Both of you are well qualified. Here is a proposal since you have both stated that you can work together. Alacian has proved that she can type so she'll get that portion. Kitty's sweet voice can do the calling. Take a bit during practice or whenever you need and show me what you come up with.
Back to top Go down
Phoxly

Phoxly

PostSubject: Re: Realm ambassadorship   Realm ambassadorship I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 25, 2011 6:44 pm

Smithy wrote:
Kitty's sweet voice can do the calling.

I see what you did there, tiger. lol

Back to top Go down
Sarabi

Sarabi

PostSubject: Re: Realm ambassadorship   Realm ambassadorship I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 25, 2011 11:42 pm

heya big boy... lol i'll think of it..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Realm ambassadorship   Realm ambassadorship I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Realm ambassadorship
Page 1 of 1