Barad'Dun The Western Tower
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Barad'Dun The Western Tower

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  WebpageWebpage  Log inLog in  

War Wolves First Wolf's Night after action report...

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
konradr

konradr

War Wolves First Wolf's Night after action report... Empty
PostSubject: War Wolves First Wolf's Night after action report...   War Wolves First Wolf's Night after action report... I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 30, 2011 7:38 am

The War Wolves had a Wolf's Night Potluck and Norse Honor Duel Tournement tongiht, April 29th. There was great fighting, good food, and great Company, above all else, there was honor and respect amongst warriors. I have a great crew!

Thanks to all my War Wolves and our Blood Brothers who came to please Odin with great fighting and honor.

Special Thanks to our Guest Herald from the Black Lions.

In attendance were:

Konradr Greywolf, Shipmaster of the Raven's Wind and the War Wolves.

Oddvar the Terrible Pack Leader of the War Wolves, and Bow Master of Raven's Wind.

Templar, War Wolf and Ship's Helmsman of the Raven's Wind.

Izmiranna, War Wolf and 2nd Bow Sailor of the Raven's Wind.

Convel, War Wolf and 1st Stern Sailor of the Raven's Wind.

Nightmare, Auxiliary Crewman, War Wolf Blood Brother, Corsair of the Royal Army.

Anthony, Auxiliary Crewman, War Wolf Blood Brother, Initiate of the Royal Army.

Taco the Troll, Guest Herald, Leader of the Black Lion's.

Wolf's night was held at Davis Park. For those of you who were with us, Davis park is the lovely park with the grass and hill of trees that we used for to Host Fool's raid last April.

We started off with a few scenario fights while it was still daylight. Two Wolves, treated as fully armored, with florentine blues, held the tree topped hill, while 6 village hunters armed only with spears went after them.

We then did a few small team fights on the hill, with One Armored Florentine wolf and three hunters with spears per team.

Then we took a break and ate.

As the sun dipped we lit the tiki torches around the 'Hide'. The Hide is the square area that Norse Duels were fought on. Generally they consisted of several Leather hides stretched on the ground and surrounded by a ditch and hazel wood fence. We used rope and our hazel wood were the four tiki' torches at each corner.

We fought a 3 point round robbin phase where each fighter got to fight each other fighter once to 3 points. It was good fighting and everyone got to learn the rules and to learn eachother's fighting technique. The fighting was all done with stabby swords and small, center punch round dueling shields. (Thank you Taco for providing two evenly sized and balanced, stabby swords and one of the dueling shields)

Besides the good fighting and honor shown by all contestants, Taco did a superb job of Heralding.

After the round robbin we went on to the elimination phase. We began with 5 point fights. The last fight, the fight for the championship, was a 10 point fight and fought between Convel and Nightmare. What a magnificient fight.

Convel had the early lead, then Nightmare caught up. Nightmare could have one on a bad hit by Convel to the his head. But, to his Honor, Nightmare said he would not accept it and so they fought again, and Nightmare struck the winning blow.

We all drank the Mead and toasted Nightmare'and the good fighting shown by all, then I awarded Nightmare the Golden Armring for his victory.

For his part, Convel fought very well throughout the tournement.

Nightmare almost quit the tournement because his thumb had been badly bruised during the scenario fighting. However, to his honor, he continued to fight though his hand was in pain and chose to fight the final bout to 10 rather than 5 points, and won. HUZZAH young Warrior, We of the War Wolves Admire your determination and skill at such a hard fought battle, and I know, Surt would have been very proud of his Royal Army Soldier.

As the Old man in the fighting, I must say thank you to two opponants, and you know who you are. One would decided to do a ballet movement and step out of the 'Hide' so that this old man wouldn't loose with a goose egg. (stepping out of the ring gave me 2 points). And the other young man who mysteriously lost the grip on his weapon two turns in a row giving me a point each time. I will have to practice more so you gentlemen won't feel the need to be so kind.

Also, I for one was happy to see Oddvar the Terrible rejoin the ranks of the fighting Wolves! Huzzah!

War Wolves First Wolf's Night after action report... Thumb_viking7

I will post some video's as soon as I edit them.

Konradr
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelfire.com/nv/jazzviking/whatisa.html
konradr

konradr

PostSubject: Re: War Wolves First Wolf's Night after action report...   War Wolves First Wolf's Night after action report... I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 30, 2011 8:36 am

Some Pics:

War Wolves First Wolf's Night after action report... Wolf_n10
War Wolves First Wolf's Night after action report... Wolf_n11
War Wolves First Wolf's Night after action report... Wolf_n12

Taco looks possessed!

Konradr
Back to top Go down
Sarabi

Sarabi

PostSubject: Re: War Wolves First Wolf's Night after action report...   War Wolves First Wolf's Night after action report... I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 30, 2011 11:30 am

yeah he does but these look great looks like you guys had alot of fun!
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1336161982
konradr

konradr

PostSubject: Re: War Wolves First Wolf's Night after action report...   War Wolves First Wolf's Night after action report... I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 30, 2011 6:38 pm

Award ceremony video:

Fighting video's need to be edited, they are dark because of the night fighting and the wind howls alot in the background. I will make a 'Best hits' collection then the final fight in its entirety.

Konradr
Back to top Go down
Sarabi

Sarabi

PostSubject: Re: War Wolves First Wolf's Night after action report...   War Wolves First Wolf's Night after action report... I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 30, 2011 11:52 pm

was that actual mead!! bleh!!
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1336161982
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: War Wolves First Wolf's Night after action report...   War Wolves First Wolf's Night after action report... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

War Wolves First Wolf's Night after action report...
Page 1 of 1