Barad'Dun The Western Tower
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Barad'Dun The Western Tower

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  WebpageWebpage  Log inLog in  

Combatcon Highlander tourney...

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
konradr

konradr

Combatcon Highlander tourney... Empty
PostSubject: Combatcon Highlander tourney...   Combatcon Highlander tourney... I_icon_minitimeTue May 03, 2011 7:56 am

Ted has sent me the rules he's written up for their Highlander tourney and wants our opinions. Here they are:

Quote :
CombatCon and Dagorhir Presents: The Quickening, a Highlander Combat Game

It’s true, there can be only one...but are you that one? There’s only one way to find out – join in “The Quickening, a Highlander Combat Game!” This exciting adventure will take place over the entire weekend of CombatCon, and is open to any and all who think they’re ready and worthy. The winner will receive a prize, along with bragging rights for all eternity... or until another Highlander movie comes out and changes the rules...again...!

Interested? Well, then here are the rules:

1) Players must wear their game lanyards at all times and lanyards must be visible at all times. These lanyards indicate the wearer is participating in the game, and is available to be challenged.

2) Players must bring a photo of themselves, and keep that photo with them at all times. The photo does not need to be printed on photo-quality paper, does not need to be in color, and does not need to be larger than (but also cannot be smaller than) 3 inches by 3 inches.

3) Any player can challenge any other player at any time. The challenged player must accept the challenge, but can make arrangements to fight at a later, pre-determined time. Otherwise, players may opt to proceed directly to the fighting area upon issuance of a challenge.

4) Players who schedule a fight at a later point must show up to that fight. If they do not, they will be disqualified from the game. If they have already been eliminated from the game, they must inform the other party. No one wants to be standing around waiting for a fight thinking “Will no one fight me?!”

5) Fights will take place at the Dagorhir booth, using Dagorhir equipment. A “Single Blue” sword will be used. Protective equipment must be worn. Participants must follow all rules and safety guidelines of Dagorhir personnel. Any violations of the rules are grounds for immediate disqualification.

6) Once a winner of the challenge has been determined, the losing participant must relinquish his or her photo (their head) to the winner. Any “heads” won in previous challenges will also be given to the winner.

7) The game will continue until all heads belong to a single participant, or until ???? on Sunday. At that time, if multiple participants are still playing, they must proceed to the Dagorhir booth, and fights will be determined by drawing names from a hat. Each player will fight until only one player remains, and that player will be declared the ultimate winner.

So, gather your nerves, grab your bolt-together-swords, and join the fight at “The Quickening: a Highlander Combat Game!”

Sounds ok to me.

Konradr
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelfire.com/nv/jazzviking/whatisa.html
Taco

Taco

PostSubject: Re: Combatcon Highlander tourney...   Combatcon Highlander tourney... I_icon_minitimeTue May 03, 2011 11:24 am

sounds fine to me
Back to top Go down
Izmiranna Peregrine

Izmiranna Peregrine

PostSubject: Re: Combatcon Highlander tourney...   Combatcon Highlander tourney... I_icon_minitimeTue May 03, 2011 5:38 pm

Sounds great to me... makes me want to join in the fun! ~ Izmiranna Peregrine
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001046867423
konradr

konradr

PostSubject: Re: Combatcon Highlander tourney...   Combatcon Highlander tourney... I_icon_minitimeWed May 04, 2011 5:55 pm

I propose This Month's Althing (May 29th) is the key date for planning and prep for Combatcon.

The chosen 6 must be announced. They must agree and be ready to submit to two full days of demoing at the convention. They will need to get time off from work if neccessary. We must plan for food, drink, equipment we will need, etc, etc, etc.

Those who are not the chosen 6 but who will pay for their own entrance into the Con must also be recognized and included in the planning.

We should then designate who will provide, make, etc, what needs to be provided.

Weapons and shields that will be made for Combatcon or used at combatcon will need to be withdrawn from our weekly combat and given clean covers, and any neccessary repairs.

Garb, any garb to be created or worn for Combatcon should be discussed and approved of and then cleaned, repaired (or made) and then not worn until Combatcon. This includes unit tabards, and sashes.

We should have banners. Bring your unit banners to be displayed as well as the Realm banner.

We should have our own tables (I have 2 small and one medium foldable table) with nice Khaki or Red (realm colors) table coverings.

We should have at least 6 comfy foldable chairs ($10 from walmart) Coolers with drinks and snacks or lunch.

Displays: We should have a board with photos of us at events. We should have something people could read about Dagorhir. Smithy will set up some kind of video presentation with a looping video.

Weapons displays: Weapons that we can not safely use in the demo area, can be displayed for curious hands on types.

Business cards, flyers to be offered on display for anyone who wishes to grab one.

Hundreds of freakin' waivers and we'll need pens. For like $125 I think someone could, if they desire, get pens made with Barad'Dun or Dag logo or web adress on them for giving out.

Dagorhir handbook, How to booklets on weapon smithing or garb making??? Do we want to make some of these up and offer them for free or for sale? Anything to be sold would require a cash box, cash, someone to watch over and handle the cash, a calculator, to figure taxes and change and someone who knows how to make change, and change to give out.

At Athing or a practice or two before Combat con we should rope off the 10 X 20 space we will be using for the demo and practice whatever we might want to try fighting wise, scenario wise, etc. We should also rope off a 10 X 10 space for the extra space they said they would give us and we could bring all our gear out and see if it all fits.

Edhellen armoury will be sending us some brochures and stuff they'd like us to set out for them, as well as a sword for a prize in the Highlander tourney.

Anthing else you guys can think of?

Konradr
Back to top Go down
Alacian

Alacian

PostSubject: Re: Combatcon Highlander tourney...   Combatcon Highlander tourney... I_icon_minitimeWed May 04, 2011 6:45 pm

Good job Konrad. -- > Smithy is wanting to hold a mandatory meeting sometime before that Althing I think. But I will point him to this when he comes back from drill this weekend. He also has his two weeks of summer drill in June...so I think he said he won't be at Combatcon. =(
Back to top Go down
konradr

konradr

PostSubject: Re: Combatcon Highlander tourney...   Combatcon Highlander tourney... I_icon_minitimeSun May 08, 2011 5:49 am

Tim has gotten back and said thanks for the feedback on the rules. That's the format they are going to go with then. He also said we are welcome to play in the highlander tourney as long as there is no bias when we herald our own fighters.

Konradr
Back to top Go down
Izmiranna Peregrine

Izmiranna Peregrine

PostSubject: Re: Combatcon Highlander tourney...   Combatcon Highlander tourney... I_icon_minitimeMon May 09, 2011 2:51 pm

YAY!!!! pirat
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001046867423
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Combatcon Highlander tourney...   Combatcon Highlander tourney... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Combatcon Highlander tourney...
Page 1 of 1