Barad'Dun The Western Tower
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Barad'Dun The Western Tower

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  WebpageWebpage  Log inLog in  

Combatcon Sample Vid *UPDATE*

Go down 
+4
konradr
Sarabi
Smithy
Phoxly
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Phoxly

Phoxly

Combatcon Sample Vid *UPDATE* Empty
PostSubject: Combatcon Sample Vid *UPDATE*   Combatcon Sample Vid *UPDATE* I_icon_minitimeSat May 21, 2011 5:55 am

This is what I have edited so far from the last couple practices. I have more footage, however they are significantly lower quality and may not look as good blown up on a larger screen compared to 720p HD recording.

(720p HD available.)

No sound in some spots cause it was super windy.

I'll be recording all weekend practices and skirmishes we can get thrown together over the next few weeks, so if you want to be in the video make sure you are at practice Wink

We do need some bigger fights, organized 8v8's with a wall and some good action, this is mostly pick up games in the video and a small 4v4.

Here's the updated and recut version

Last edited by Phoxly on Thu May 26, 2011 2:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Smithy
Admin
Smithy

PostSubject: Re: Combatcon Sample Vid *UPDATE*   Combatcon Sample Vid *UPDATE* I_icon_minitimeSat May 21, 2011 8:01 am

I think I have a solution for the wind issue. I also have a tripod so you don't have to worry so much about stabilizing the camera and can pan shots easier.
Back to top Go down
Sarabi

Sarabi

PostSubject: Re: Combatcon Sample Vid *UPDATE*   Combatcon Sample Vid *UPDATE* I_icon_minitimeSat May 21, 2011 3:13 pm

lol would have been nice in the beginning... lol looks great phoxly!!
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1336161982
Phoxly

Phoxly

PostSubject: Re: Combatcon Sample Vid *UPDATE*   Combatcon Sample Vid *UPDATE* I_icon_minitimeSat May 21, 2011 3:32 pm

I can actually zoom really far with it, but the stability goes down. I have a lot of "roaming shots" where I walk around and follow the group, but if I had a tripod I could definitely just stay in one spot and zoom in as the battle progresses. I'll stand at the main coliding point of the battle.

See you guys today! Look your best.
Back to top Go down
Phoxly

Phoxly

PostSubject: Re: Combatcon Sample Vid *UPDATE*   Combatcon Sample Vid *UPDATE* I_icon_minitimeSat May 21, 2011 3:36 pm

Also: I have some footage from a few weeks back when we did some field skirmishes, but I was walking around the field alot and it was rather shaky. I will pull the stable clips out and focus on the best action shots we got that day (Convel I just realized you weren't in this sample vid, you'll definitely be in the next portion when I re-edit some other footage I have into it.)

This is just what I have got so far. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
konradr

konradr

PostSubject: Re: Combatcon Sample Vid *UPDATE*   Combatcon Sample Vid *UPDATE* I_icon_minitimeSat May 21, 2011 4:43 pm

On my old laptop the video ran slow. On a DVD player or newer laptop I'm sure it will run fine. My only true suggestion is ACTION, ACTION, ACTION. Cut out any nothingness and anything showing little action, and stuff like that. Nothing but slam, bam, thank you ma'am over and over. Music video style.

Get Someone on Camera saying "Welcome to Dagorhir, This is the Realm of Barad'Dun in Las Vegas, Nevada, and this is how we ROCK!" Kick in some high power fightin' music and lots of action.

Just my 2 cents.

Konradr
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelfire.com/nv/jazzviking/whatisa.html
Phoxly

Phoxly

PostSubject: Re: Combatcon Sample Vid *UPDATE*   Combatcon Sample Vid *UPDATE* I_icon_minitimeSat May 21, 2011 5:09 pm

I'll cut it more down to the action, I cut that video from 24 minutes to 10 minutes. If we get more footage I want to keep cutting to the good action more and more. I'd like to tripod and aim toward a barrel pit of 2v2's like we did a few weeks back for the action photos.
Back to top Go down
Trenton

Trenton

PostSubject: Re: Combatcon Sample Vid *UPDATE*   Combatcon Sample Vid *UPDATE* I_icon_minitimeSat May 21, 2011 6:09 pm

hmmmm interesting. I was going to say "I'm flat footed", but after watching it a few times I can see its all from being front heavy. I've gained enough weight my center of gravity isn't where it's been for the last 16 some years I've been fighting. My stamina is shot, my reflexes are slowed, and stance doesn't work anymore.

THANKS! awesome vid. I'd have never seen those without reviewing myself.

hmm.. and I have severe ventral drag... thats not good.
Back to top Go down
http://www.nerolasvegas.com/
Izmiranna Peregrine

Izmiranna Peregrine

PostSubject: Re: Combatcon Sample Vid *UPDATE*   Combatcon Sample Vid *UPDATE* I_icon_minitimeSat May 21, 2011 6:39 pm

So Phoxly... if you look at all the videos you have and all the still photos, you will notice that Convel is not in any video that we have seen posted so far... and I am in no still photos that we've seen... just saying. pirat

Not that we are complaining, just an observation. Razz
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001046867423
konradr

konradr

PostSubject: Re: Combatcon Sample Vid *UPDATE*   Combatcon Sample Vid *UPDATE* I_icon_minitimeSat May 21, 2011 6:43 pm

Quote :
My stamina is shot, my reflexes are slowed, and stance doesn't work anymore.

Dude! You sound like me, Stop it.

Konradr
Back to top Go down
Trenton

Trenton

PostSubject: Re: Combatcon Sample Vid *UPDATE*   Combatcon Sample Vid *UPDATE* I_icon_minitimeSat May 21, 2011 7:21 pm

Heh, well thats what being lazy will do to a person. And just because I work out doesn't mean I get exercise.
Back to top Go down
K'urn

K'urn

PostSubject: Re: Combatcon Sample Vid *UPDATE*   Combatcon Sample Vid *UPDATE* I_icon_minitimeMon May 23, 2011 2:48 am

Great job Phoxly! If I may offer some observations....
If this is to be played at the con for anyone to see perhaps it would be wise to have video of someone explaining what Dagorhir is. For instance at the beginning of the tape and maybe half way through, depending on how long it is to play. Also, you should edit out Konradr saying the 'F' word at about the 5:30 mark....lol.

We really miss you guys, we talk about Barad' Dun all the time.

Have fun...Kill lots!!

K-
Back to top Go down
Phoxly

Phoxly

PostSubject: Re: Combatcon Sample Vid *UPDATE*   Combatcon Sample Vid *UPDATE* I_icon_minitimeThu May 26, 2011 4:49 am

After seeing the Chinese Travel Channel's vid, I know how I am going to cut it a bit more. I think I can get it down to about 6 minutes in, and do a introductory vid of what our sport is about and some of the generic rules.

I'll be at Royal Army practice again this week, would anyone want to do an introduction to what we are about? Maybe Smithy, Nightmare, Strider, or Rilith?

I'll edit last week's video into this one with some more cuts on Friday or Saturday.

Everyone keep coming out and looking your best.

I think we need to get a 2v2 barrel pit going again, those pics turned out amazing, and I may sprinkle a few of them between clips.
Back to top Go down
konradr

konradr

PostSubject: Re: Combatcon Sample Vid *UPDATE*   Combatcon Sample Vid *UPDATE* I_icon_minitimeThu May 26, 2011 6:40 am

Some good bridge battles will keep lines formed and keep the action tight and easy to focus on.

Konradr
Back to top Go down
Phoxly

Phoxly

PostSubject: Re: Combatcon Sample Vid *UPDATE*   Combatcon Sample Vid *UPDATE* I_icon_minitimeThu May 26, 2011 2:30 pm

Update! Added Sample 2 for review.

It's kind of hard in the bigger field battles to capture the scope of the field while still getting lots of action, so last practice I just sort of waited til two people started to go head to head and zoomed in on them.

D: Still no clips of Convel and some of our newer guys added, I think convel stopped early last time cause he got hurt. We'll get some Bridge and Barrels going on next time and he can pwn with his spear. Very Happy

I still have a few clips from a couple weeks ago when i first brought the cam out. I'll cut those to the important action parts and add them after Saturday and Althing (BE THERE).

Back to top Go down
Convel

Convel

PostSubject: Re: Combatcon Sample Vid *UPDATE*   Combatcon Sample Vid *UPDATE* I_icon_minitimeThu May 26, 2011 4:35 pm

well, you did get me actually taking the injuring blow on Saturday, I think I'm in frame for all of like 2 seconds at 21 second mark, you can see me charge in and take 2 Javs and go down hard.
Back to top Go down
Trenton

Trenton

PostSubject: Re: Combatcon Sample Vid *UPDATE*   Combatcon Sample Vid *UPDATE* I_icon_minitimeFri May 27, 2011 4:49 am

If you notices most con videos there is a demo reel and then someone speaking right before it on the tape. So the anti-social people can watch the tape and still know what we're doing.

~5-6 minutes is perfect for this. Any more and people move on.

Its looking smexy as all heck.

(Critique: The slow mo seems out of place in the middle. Maybe move it to the end? or maybe as an example of "what could happen")
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Combatcon Sample Vid *UPDATE*   Combatcon Sample Vid *UPDATE* I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Combatcon Sample Vid *UPDATE*
Page 1 of 1