Barad'Dun The Western Tower
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Barad'Dun The Western Tower

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  WebpageWebpage  Log inLog in  

Chinese Travel Channel Episode posted to youtube.

Go down 
+3
Phoxly
Sarabi
konradr
7 posters
AuthorMessage
konradr

konradr

Chinese Travel Channel Episode posted to youtube. Empty
PostSubject: Chinese Travel Channel Episode posted to youtube.   Chinese Travel Channel Episode posted to youtube. I_icon_minitimeWed May 25, 2011 6:57 pm

I broke it in two with Moviemaker and uploaded it to youtube.

Part one.

Part two.

Konradr
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelfire.com/nv/jazzviking/whatisa.html
Sarabi

Sarabi

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Travel Channel Episode posted to youtube.   Chinese Travel Channel Episode posted to youtube. I_icon_minitimeWed May 25, 2011 7:43 pm

thanks for putting these up konradr!
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1336161982
Phoxly

Phoxly

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Travel Channel Episode posted to youtube.   Chinese Travel Channel Episode posted to youtube. I_icon_minitimeThu May 26, 2011 3:23 am

Taco looks so weird with his beard shaved. Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Dwyna

Dwyna

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Travel Channel Episode posted to youtube.   Chinese Travel Channel Episode posted to youtube. I_icon_minitimeThu May 26, 2011 6:20 am

I only wish that I could understand what they are saying. Some of it I can guess based on the video action, but I have no idea what they are saying when they're seated talking to the camera.

I love it though... especially the in memorium for Surt at the end.

study
Back to top Go down
Sarabi

Sarabi

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Travel Channel Episode posted to youtube.   Chinese Travel Channel Episode posted to youtube. I_icon_minitimeThu May 26, 2011 5:12 pm

Phoxly wrote:
Taco looks so weird with his beard shaved. Evil or Very Mad

yeah back then he was also over weight.... either way he's still my smexy man lol..

yeah i wish i knew what they said too i wonder if we could get like a translator and like see if theres a way to over record the vid with the translation something or other you know like they do with some like history documented.. that would be awesome
Back to top Go down
Thunderhorse

Thunderhorse

PostSubject: Amazing   Chinese Travel Channel Episode posted to youtube. I_icon_minitimeThu May 26, 2011 6:53 pm

That was soo cool.. I finally got to see the video. Barad'dun got represented well on that video for sure. The memorial for josh was nice! im glad i finally got to see this!
Back to top Go down
Alacian

Alacian

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Travel Channel Episode posted to youtube.   Chinese Travel Channel Episode posted to youtube. I_icon_minitimeThu May 26, 2011 7:09 pm

Y'know, if it were viable at all ya'll could use some of that footage for Combatcon. Edit out the current sound and replace it with battle music. I dunno. Just a thought.
Back to top Go down
Phoxly

Phoxly

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Travel Channel Episode posted to youtube.   Chinese Travel Channel Episode posted to youtube. I_icon_minitimeThu May 26, 2011 7:48 pm

I intend to steal some of their footage Razz but give due credit at the end of each video cycle. Would be nice to see "Filmed in part by the Chinese Travel Channel"
Back to top Go down
Sarabi

Sarabi

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Travel Channel Episode posted to youtube.   Chinese Travel Channel Episode posted to youtube. I_icon_minitimeThu May 26, 2011 9:13 pm

i was thinking even though we don't know what's said i think we should use the video.. i mean it shows us fighting and we can explain that we've been interviewed before keeping them in mind that this is a nationwide sport. i mean just watching it you get the basic jists of it.. but i still think it would be awesome if we found a translate and somehow found a way to replace the Chinese... maybe i can advertise it on craigslist and see if we pop with anyone who would A know how to do it and B know how to translate Chinese!
Back to top Go down
Phoxly

Phoxly

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Travel Channel Episode posted to youtube.   Chinese Travel Channel Episode posted to youtube. I_icon_minitimeThu May 26, 2011 9:15 pm

If we get two TV's, we could run the Chinese Travel Channel Episode on one, and the one of our group as of late on the other.
Back to top Go down
Sarabi

Sarabi

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Travel Channel Episode posted to youtube.   Chinese Travel Channel Episode posted to youtube. I_icon_minitimeFri May 27, 2011 2:49 am

yeah that would be awesome if you guys wanna barrow our TV i'm cool with it just let us know!!
Back to top Go down
Trenton

Trenton

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Travel Channel Episode posted to youtube.   Chinese Travel Channel Episode posted to youtube. I_icon_minitimeFri May 27, 2011 4:54 am

Hey mate just so you know. The Chinese travel channels program is privately owned. And even though that are Chinese they are still protected by production rights here in the states. Also subject to ICE authority. You'd have to get written permission from them to use it or even take clips from it past a certain length. (use to the length of each clip was nothing over 10 seconds. But that was back in 2008 when I was in Animation/film school sooo it probably changed.)

edit*typos*

Last edited by Trenton on Fri May 27, 2011 11:13 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.nerolasvegas.com/
konradr

konradr

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Travel Channel Episode posted to youtube.   Chinese Travel Channel Episode posted to youtube. I_icon_minitimeFri May 27, 2011 6:45 am

I am still in contact with Kyle, the lead guy, through facebook. However, he may take awhile to get back to me as facebook is verboten in China. He gets back to me when he can, somehow.

Konradr
Back to top Go down
Sarabi

Sarabi

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Travel Channel Episode posted to youtube.   Chinese Travel Channel Episode posted to youtube. I_icon_minitimeFri May 27, 2011 9:42 am

maybe we can make our own if we do we should make it at Althing so we can discuss business and still show that we also like having a good time remember the forsaken group they showed us that vid what if we did something like that but ask the people who are gonna do the performing in combat con to be the speakers and we ask them all different questions plus how to play the sport all that fun and jazz maybe i will put together a script type deal and bring it to practice saturday and discuss it with you guys there and then. what do you think?.
Back to top Go down
Trenton

Trenton

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Travel Channel Episode posted to youtube.   Chinese Travel Channel Episode posted to youtube. I_icon_minitimeFri May 27, 2011 11:33 am

I... apologize this is going to seem rude... but please...punctuation. That mass made my brain explode. lol

Sarabi wrote:
maybe we can make our own. if we do we should make it at Althing, so we can discuss business and still show that we also like having a good time. remember the forsaken group they showed us that vid. what if we did something like that, but ask the people who are gonna do the performing in combat con to be the speakers and we ask them all different questions. plus how to play the sport all that fun and jazz. maybe i will put together a script type deal and bring it to practice Saturday and discuss it with you guys there and then. what do you think?.
+ edit.

Its always easier for people to speak about something if they have experience. Outside of the person who is putting out most of the effort the people with the most experience should/public speaking skills should do that. A script is a good idea on paper but has its flaws in the real world. People ask weird questions. Lord knows I do. I never saw the forsaken video so I can jsut assume they went with a 1-2 minute introduction followed by examples?

Having two videos can be a good idea if the target audience is large enough and the tv's are nowhere near each other. Having a middle stall with no walls and traffic on both sides for example.
But having two tv's next to each other showing basically the same thing tend to lead to a type of commercial sensory overload. But seeing as one is in Chinese that would help segregate the mass's a bit. Why watch something you can't understand. People who know Chinese would watch the travel channel one people who prefer English would watch the English one.
Back to top Go down
konradr

konradr

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Travel Channel Episode posted to youtube.   Chinese Travel Channel Episode posted to youtube. I_icon_minitimeFri May 27, 2011 3:18 pm

Probably best to put the chinese audio low or edit it out and put a soundtrack, like phoxly suggested, or we can dub in an English translation or just make up our own explanation. "This was a documentary filmed here, blah, blah, blah, by the Chinese Travel Channel. We are demonstrating, blah, blah, blah...."

Anyhow, as much as I love graphics, I will limit my graphics to some signage, banner's and tables with cloth covers topped by paper products (dag handbook, waiver's, etc, etc, etc) You tech types can figure out the audio visiual stuff. =)

Konradr
Back to top Go down
konradr

konradr

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Travel Channel Episode posted to youtube.   Chinese Travel Channel Episode posted to youtube. I_icon_minitimeFri May 27, 2011 3:24 pm

Here's the reponse I got from Kyle on using his video at Combatcon:

Quote :
Hey Kurt, hehe yeah due to budget constrains we didn't get out an English version. Don't worry it's all positive stuff Wink I have no problem with you using it at the Combatcon - sounds interesting. Wish I had a club here to play with. Good luck! Kyle

Konradr
Back to top Go down
Phoxly

Phoxly

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Travel Channel Episode posted to youtube.   Chinese Travel Channel Episode posted to youtube. I_icon_minitimeFri May 27, 2011 5:19 pm

That won't be the case at all Trenton, 2 TV's for 3 booths they are giving us so they won't be side by side. I don't really think we need a script, people walk up to our group all the time and everyone is pretty good about explaining what we do, how hard we hit, do we larp, etc.

As for copyright laws I'm not too worried about it since the footage and clips I'd take are not being used in a for profit way. I don't know about using the entire video they recorded cause it's rather long and has a great deal of it that doesn't really keep onlooker's interest. (Like the werewolf man part, freaks on the strip, the long walk to vegas + hitchiking) I bet they only have 10 minutes of actual fighting.

We could easily get another half hour of fighting over the next two weeks and add another 10 minutes to the vid.

If we get enough footage for half an hour of wam-bam-thank you mam action we can split it into two videos so each screen (likely 20ft apart in separate sections on our booth) will have different action.
Back to top Go down
konradr

konradr

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Travel Channel Episode posted to youtube.   Chinese Travel Channel Episode posted to youtube. I_icon_minitimeFri May 27, 2011 5:38 pm

Maybe you can go over some of the old 'event' footage posted on like Fool's raid and cut in some of that to show our people at larger events as well.

Konradr
Back to top Go down
Sarabi

Sarabi

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Travel Channel Episode posted to youtube.   Chinese Travel Channel Episode posted to youtube. I_icon_minitimeFri May 27, 2011 5:48 pm

i didn't mean like tell you guys what to say!!! i'm like saying interveiw wise. pop questions that could be asked so people get informed..
Back to top Go down
Phoxly

Phoxly

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Travel Channel Episode posted to youtube.   Chinese Travel Channel Episode posted to youtube. I_icon_minitimeSat May 28, 2011 7:00 am

Yeah make sure that each person knows how to describe our sport, such as

"larpers who hit hard" vs "medieval combat reenactment"

Back to top Go down
Trenton

Trenton

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Travel Channel Episode posted to youtube.   Chinese Travel Channel Episode posted to youtube. I_icon_minitimeSat May 28, 2011 11:58 am

Quote :
Hey Kurt, hehe yeah due to budget constrains we didn't get out an English version. Don't worry it's all positive stuff Wink I have no problem with you using it at the Combatcon - sounds interesting. Wish I had a club here to play with. Good luck! Kyle

This right here is all we needed. Smile
And I totally forgot we're getting three full sized booths.
Sarabi,We know hun. We totally get what you were saying. Razz Scripts just don't world for conventions.
Granted yes, general knowledge should always be known by the person speaking lol.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Travel Channel Episode posted to youtube.   Chinese Travel Channel Episode posted to youtube. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Chinese Travel Channel Episode posted to youtube.
Page 1 of 1