Barad'Dun The Western Tower
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Barad'Dun The Western Tower

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  WebpageWebpage  Log inLog in  

Combat Con Weapon/Garb Build

Go down 
+8
Grek
konradr
Scrios
Alacian
Dwyna
Convel
Sarabi
Izmiranna Peregrine
12 posters
AuthorMessage
Izmiranna Peregrine

Izmiranna Peregrine

Combat Con Weapon/Garb Build Empty
PostSubject: Combat Con Weapon/Garb Build   Combat Con Weapon/Garb Build I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 13, 2011 8:50 pm

I know that there are more than a few people that cannot make it out to Combat Con this year to volunteer and help out at our site; but, those of us that are going to be there are going to be representing not just our realm here in Las Vegas but Dagorhir as a whole. We can use all the help and support that everyone can give us for finishing up the loner weapons that we NEED to have for Combat Con. Not only that, those of us that are going must also look our best (awesome garb) to draw people over to our site so we can get more people interested in OUR sport.

In saying this, Convel and I are going to be holding another Weapon/Garb build this Friday at our home. Everyone is welcome to drop in and help out for Combat Con. Weapons, garb, and anything else that we need for Combat Con will be worked on. It will be running pretty much all day long to try and get as many people here as possible to help.

What:

When:
Friday June 17th, from 10am through 8pm

Where:
Izmiranna's and Convel's Home
3710 Lilly Star Court
North Las Vegas

Contact info:
Izmiranna (Tammie) cell: (253) 217 3851 (text or call)
Convel (Justin) cell: (253) 217 3257 (text or call)

Please respond on this thread whether or not you can make it out. If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact myself or Convel. Most of all, any and all help is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

-Izmiranna Peregrine pirat
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001046867423
Sarabi

Sarabi

PostSubject: Re: Combat Con Weapon/Garb Build   Combat Con Weapon/Garb Build I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 13, 2011 9:25 pm

yeah this sounds like fun i would love to join and i'm sure taco would too we will find a way to make it there!
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1336161982
Izmiranna Peregrine

Izmiranna Peregrine

PostSubject: Re: Combat Con Weapon/Garb Build   Combat Con Weapon/Garb Build I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 13, 2011 10:59 pm

I'll be there... from the time I wake up until I fall asleep, working on everything I can. What a Face

Back to top Go down
Convel

Convel

PostSubject: Re: Combat Con Weapon/Garb Build   Combat Con Weapon/Garb Build I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 13, 2011 11:01 pm

I'm pretty sure I'll be able to make it that day too...

-Convel
Back to top Go down
Dwyna

Dwyna

PostSubject: Re: Combat Con Weapon/Garb Build   Combat Con Weapon/Garb Build I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 13, 2011 11:57 pm

While I can't be there the whole time(Grandpa-sitting), I will come for what I can.
Also, I can assist in getting people there.

study
Back to top Go down
Alacian

Alacian

PostSubject: Re: Combat Con Weapon/Garb Build   Combat Con Weapon/Garb Build I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2011 12:24 am

I shall be camping and won't be there. I doubt my brother will be there since he's not the greatest weapon builder. He went to the last one to fix a couple of his.
Back to top Go down
Scrios

Scrios

PostSubject: ...   Combat Con Weapon/Garb Build I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2011 5:37 am

I can build swords better than you alyssa and plus the only reason I wouldn't be there is because it's to far of a drive up there >:p
Back to top Go down
konradr

konradr

PostSubject: Re: Combat Con Weapon/Garb Build   Combat Con Weapon/Garb Build I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2011 6:25 am

I'll see if I can make this one.

Konradr
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelfire.com/nv/jazzviking/whatisa.html
Grek

Grek

PostSubject: Re: Combat Con Weapon/Garb Build   Combat Con Weapon/Garb Build I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2011 6:40 am

Will be there! Got some materials for garb just need hella help making it Razz
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=647767959
Izmiranna Peregrine

Izmiranna Peregrine

PostSubject: Re: Combat Con Weapon/Garb Build   Combat Con Weapon/Garb Build I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2011 1:26 pm

Great responses so far all! Keep them coming.

Konradr: I hope you can make it to this one. We would love to see more of our Wolves out here, if possible. Very Happy

Dwyna: Carting people out here for the build would be the biggest help anyone could do! The more people we have the more we can build. I love you

Grek: Help us finish with all the Combat Con stuff and I'm sure we can help you with your garb. Wink

Anthony: Sorry for being so far out in no mans land. Razz

Alyssa: Pfft... you don't need no stupid camping trip! Come help us. Laughing

Kitty: Talk to Dwyna about getting a ride here. If she can't, I'm sure Convel can get you guys after he gets off work around 1'ish. You guys only live about 10 minutes or so from us. What a Face

note: Remember all, just because you can't make it here on Friday to help out; any help will do! If you have materials for weapons and/or garb you would like to donate for Combat and can't make it here on Friday, please feel free to drop them off anytime between now and then. As for those needing garb and/or armor done for Combat Con, please try and bring the tools you will need, ie. sewing machines, leather working tools, etc., as Convel and I lack those things here.

Back to top Go down
Alacian

Alacian

PostSubject: Re: Combat Con Weapon/Garb Build   Combat Con Weapon/Garb Build I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2011 2:37 pm

Izzy - I would. But, I'm fully aware of my lack of ability to cut a straight line without difficulty. Plus - I've been working on our event while ya'll are working on the convention.

It is also the weekend before my boyfriends birthday which is that following Wednesday when I will not see him. And, he wants to go camping. So, we shall be going camping Friday and not be back till Sunday evening.

So, yup, camping wins this time.

Cheers and good luck.

- A
Back to top Go down
Knubbs

Knubbs

PostSubject: Re: Combat Con Weapon/Garb Build   Combat Con Weapon/Garb Build I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 15, 2011 3:19 am

Heya,

I will be there with all the supplies for the build. I will be bringing everything from Saturday including the loaner cores. Smile

Back to top Go down
Hxctemplar

Hxctemplar

PostSubject: Re: Combat Con Weapon/Garb Build   Combat Con Weapon/Garb Build I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 15, 2011 1:56 pm

I'll bring my sewing machine for those that need it for garb. I will only be able to be there for bout 4 hrs though.
Back to top Go down
Prysm Stormfallen

Prysm Stormfallen

PostSubject: Re: Combat Con Weapon/Garb Build   Combat Con Weapon/Garb Build I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2011 12:38 am

Heya - I can come help out for a few hours - Have sewing machine, can sew a straight line... (ish...) Plus I have some spare material (kinda natural looking linen type - not sure what the fabric actually is tho) - couple of meters so I can whip up an under-shirt/tunic or two... I will also raid my ribbons/notions box and see if there is anything there that can be used to fancyfy some plainer garb for the festival the will be combat con
All I need now is a place to head for...? And a time to be there from...?
Back to top Go down
Convel

Convel

PostSubject: Re: Combat Con Weapon/Garb Build   Combat Con Weapon/Garb Build I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2011 1:48 am

Izmiranna wrote:

What:

When:
Friday June 17th, from 10am through 8pm

Where:
Izmiranna's and Convel's Home
3710 Lilly Star Court
North Las Vegas

Contact info:
Izmiranna (Tammie) cell: (253) 217 3851 (text or call)
Convel (Justin) cell: (253) 217 3257 (text or call)

Back to top Go down
Prysm Stormfallen

Prysm Stormfallen

PostSubject: Re: Combat Con Weapon/Garb Build   Combat Con Weapon/Garb Build I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2011 2:28 am

Ok - got lost trying to find the park last night... Have directions written down now so hopefully wont get lost finding you guys... Will take your numbers with me too just in case I do get lost! See you there Very Happy
Back to top Go down
konradr

konradr

PostSubject: Re: Combat Con Weapon/Garb Build   Combat Con Weapon/Garb Build I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 17, 2011 3:42 pm

Got to wait on my kid to get back with my jeep. I will bring some of my cores, tool kit, tape, some foam for sword makin'. I can't stay too long, so if I make the swords, then I may pull out the sewing machine and black linen and try to finally make my new tunic. I need new pants too, but there is still a week ahead of us.

See ya around 11 I think.

Konradr
Back to top Go down
Izmiranna Peregrine

Izmiranna Peregrine

PostSubject: Re: Combat Con Weapon/Garb Build   Combat Con Weapon/Garb Build I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 17, 2011 3:55 pm

We have a couple smallish tables set up for the sewing machines and a workbench and table set out for weapon building. We do not, however, have many chairs, so we set them with the sewing tables. We do have plenty of floor space though for sitting and a couple folding chairs.

Back to top Go down
konradr

konradr

PostSubject: Re: Combat Con Weapon/Garb Build   Combat Con Weapon/Garb Build I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 18, 2011 6:46 am

Thanks for having us Izzy, it was fun and pleasant and the chili was great. Very Happy

Konradr
Back to top Go down
Izmiranna Peregrine

Izmiranna Peregrine

PostSubject: Re: Combat Con Weapon/Garb Build   Combat Con Weapon/Garb Build I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 18, 2011 4:20 pm

Very productive day yesterday, loner weapons and shields were built and only the finishing touches are left to be done on them to mark them battle ready for Combat Con! We also got some garb done for those going to Combat Con and started on the Dagorhir banner needed for the event as well.

Thanks to everyone who came out and helped us get ready for next weekend. Great fun, awesome people, and good food was had all day!

HUZZAH!

Back to top Go down
Phoxly

Phoxly

PostSubject: Re: Combat Con Weapon/Garb Build   Combat Con Weapon/Garb Build I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 18, 2011 4:58 pm

Thanks for coordinating this guys! Sorry I missed it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Combat Con Weapon/Garb Build   Combat Con Weapon/Garb Build I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1