Barad'Dun The Western Tower
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Barad'Dun The Western Tower

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  WebpageWebpage  Log inLog in  

Barad'dun campout.

Go down 
+6
Kilanos
Strider
Knubbs
Oddvar
Surt
konradr
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Strider

Strider

Location : Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: lolololololololololol roflcopterswaswaswa

Barad'dun campout. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Barad'dun campout.   Barad'dun campout. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 27, 2009 12:38 am

Damn you K'urn, just damn you. I've never had a car with Cruise Control! Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad
Back to top Go down
konradr

konradr

PostSubject: Re: Barad'dun campout.   Barad'dun campout. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2009 4:57 pm

Hey guys, I don't think the Campout will be doable before the group campsite closes for the season the first week of October. I will plan on doing in Spring instead. That will give us time to gether money both for the realm and personally for any expenses.

Konradr
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelfire.com/nv/jazzviking/whatisa.html
konradr

konradr

PostSubject: Re: Barad'dun campout.   Barad'dun campout. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 14, 2010 4:50 pm

Reviving this old thread.

I can book a two night stay at Mahogony grove group campground on Sept 10-12. Check in being Friday at 2pm and check out being Sunday at 1pm. Cost is $319.00. I don't know how long it will be available to researve. The only other weekend is October 1-3. Same cost but that is the weekend of Samhain if anyone is planning to go to Ogden for that event.

Konradr
Back to top Go down
konradr

konradr

PostSubject: Re: Barad'dun campout.   Barad'dun campout. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 14, 2010 4:59 pm

Here's a link to "Primitive camping" on BLM land around Las Vegas, mesquite, pahrump, etc. They recommend camping be from October to March due to summer heat. I've never checked any of these areas out. I don't think they cost anything or minimal costs unlike the developed areas at Mount charleston.

http://www.blm.gov/nv/st/en/fo/lvfo/blm_programs/lvfo_recreation/camping.html

The Logandale site might be interesting for our Border War with ATD.

Konradr
Back to top Go down
Kilanos

Kilanos

PostSubject: Re: Barad'dun campout.   Barad'dun campout. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 14, 2010 9:06 pm

Depending on what you are looking for in a campsite (trees/hiking) we could also camp out at lake mead and I don't believe there is a charge for it.
Back to top Go down
Taco

Taco

PostSubject: Re: Barad'dun campout.   Barad'dun campout. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 15, 2010 3:54 am

i'm going to try and go to samhain
Back to top Go down
konradr

konradr

PostSubject: Re: Barad'dun campout.   Barad'dun campout. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 15, 2010 7:15 am

I did camp out at boulder beach once, but it was about 8 years ago. I remember it this way, it was hot as hell. If you are sleeping in a tent, it doesn't cool down til about 5 in the morning and then it starts to heat up again at 8. It was first come first serve, but I remember putting an envelope in a mailbox for the space. I can't remember if it was money, but I think it was.

Pro's and Cons about the lake camping area.

Pro's:
We can swim and fish and jet ski.
I don't think it costs too much.

Con's:
Not much shade, all I remember is really tall oleander bushes, no trees.
No fighting, they don't call it "boulder beach" for nothing. Its rocky as hell. you need shoes even in the water. (I'm not familiar with other areas of lake mead or the colorado, but I know there are other beaches. I've heard tell Echo bay is nice and sandy or maybe laughlin)
The heat of summer makes the water wonderful but a campsite miserable.

I think we could all do Lake Mead like on a Sunday and have a non-fighting group barbeque and swim.

I like the mountains because its cooler than down here and there are tree's to fight and play different scenarios in as well as open grass fields.

Konradr
Back to top Go down
xVHeretic

xVHeretic

PostSubject: Re: Barad'dun campout.   Barad'dun campout. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 15, 2010 4:48 pm

soo down for the swimm and fishing been wanting to for a long time
Back to top Go down
konradr

konradr

PostSubject: Re: Barad'dun campout.   Barad'dun campout. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 05, 2011 8:08 am

Yes, I am the necromancer, resurrecting this old thread. It has good info in it. Somewhere.

Isk is having trouble getting the BLM site he had last year for WOR. The reason being is that the BLM and most other fed agencies have changed their permitting stuff. Isk has been told he needs a permit and insurance for a site.

Forkbeard's suggestions are 1. Don't tell them its and event, just say like its just a group campout or something. Event makes it sound like we are going to be open to the public and trying to make a profit. Those two things will get you high permit fees and insurance needs. Don't tell anything specific unless they ask first.

We should try for the group sites on Mount Charleston. Both of them. Get them for a 'Group Campout' and do our thing.

Checking the availability. right now is the time to book. March and April are not researvable it is first come first serve then. But starting in May through October, very few researvations yet.

Konradr
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Barad'dun campout.   Barad'dun campout. - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Barad'dun campout.
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2