Barad'Dun The Western Tower
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Barad'Dun The Western Tower

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  WebpageWebpage  Log inLog in  

Future Member/Forum Lurker

Go down 
+3
Prysm Stormfallen
Sarabi
Calvero
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Calvero

Future Member/Forum Lurker Empty
PostSubject: Future Member/Forum Lurker   Future Member/Forum Lurker I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 30, 2011 3:27 am

I wass hoping that I'd be able to come here and say that I'd be here this Saturday, but my plans have been ruined. Expect to see me in around 6 months. For now I'll just be lurking. - Sarah
Back to top Go down
Sarabi

Sarabi

PostSubject: Re: Future Member/Forum Lurker   Future Member/Forum Lurker I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 30, 2011 3:40 am

nice to see you on the boards i'm sarabi. will be happy to see a new member!.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1336161982
Calvero

PostSubject: Re: Future Member/Forum Lurker   Future Member/Forum Lurker I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 30, 2011 4:39 am

By the way, I was an Evil Minion at Combat Con, so I've already met a few of the members. I'm really bad at names, so I didn't remember a single one.))
Back to top Go down
Prysm Stormfallen

Prysm Stormfallen

PostSubject: Re: Future Member/Forum Lurker   Future Member/Forum Lurker I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 30, 2011 5:14 am

Another victim from combat con...

OOOPS.... I mean volunteer... I found them through CC too... Viva Las CC!

6 months... long time no see - are you off to interesting parts? Or off fighting modern Sauron?

Wherever you wander on this earth - keep safe Smile
Back to top Go down
Calvero

PostSubject: Re: Future Member/Forum Lurker   Future Member/Forum Lurker I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 30, 2011 6:50 am

I'll still be in Vegas. My work schedule has changed so I'll be busy on Saturdays. 6 months is how long I expect to keep this job. It could be shorter or longer. Most likely it won't be shorter than six months.
Back to top Go down
Sarabi

Sarabi

PostSubject: Re: Future Member/Forum Lurker   Future Member/Forum Lurker I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 30, 2011 10:39 am

we also have tuesday practices just to let ya know. would love to see you out!.
Back to top Go down
Izmiranna Peregrine

Izmiranna Peregrine

PostSubject: Re: Future Member/Forum Lurker   Future Member/Forum Lurker I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 30, 2011 2:25 pm

Hiyas Sarah! It was great having you fighting with us at CC. We were hoping to see you out with us after this past weekend and it looks like you will be. Albeit, it won't be for a while (for Saturdays anyways), but always great to see more people interested in Dag!
As Sarabi stated, there is a Black Lions unit practice that runs on Tuesday evenings (from 6pm-until you are ready to go, I believe). And no, you do not have to be in their unit to practice with them, everyone is welcome to go.

The Dag reps you met at CC are:
Smithy
Convel
Taco
Konradr
Danté
Strider
Knubbs
Izzy

Hope to see you soon!

note: Sarah was one of our last eight fighters for the Highlander Tournament!

-Izmiranna Peregrine pirat
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001046867423
Calvero

PostSubject: Re: Future Member/Forum Lurker   Future Member/Forum Lurker I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 01, 2011 1:18 am

Tuesday wouldn't be possible either.

Also, could I be in the group without creating a character? I'm not really interested in the roleplay portion of the group.
Back to top Go down
Sarabi

Sarabi

PostSubject: Re: Future Member/Forum Lurker   Future Member/Forum Lurker I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 01, 2011 3:27 am

yeah we have many players that play and don't have character bios..
Back to top Go down
Smithy
Admin
Smithy

PostSubject: Re: Future Member/Forum Lurker   Future Member/Forum Lurker I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 01, 2011 11:46 am

The "roleplay" aspect is truly for those who enjoy the extras. I personally find that it lets members explore a greater aspect of themselves when they can aspire to greatness if only through fiction. What I mean by that is this, by creating a character to portray you can wear styles of dress that are regionally different, utilize weapons that would seem out of place in combination with each other, and (depending how far you really want to go) act like someone completely different from yourself. It all depends on you. For myself I portray the character of a desert ranger. I use a bow and light one handed weapons. I will occasionaly use a shield but I generally will shy away from large amounts of metal (too hot).

Creating a character isn't going to trap you to fighting a certain way or set you to a particular class. It certainly won't give you levels or XP. Wink What it will do is let everyone else know who you are on the field. Even if you're the same person off the field. Hell, with time your character (You) will even get validation through tales of your exploits from other members of the Realm.

Do you have to make a character to be in the group? No you don't have to.

But let me ask you this. On the one day a week when you come out to do somthing you feel would be fun and worth while, would it be maybe a bit better if you took that one extra step and came out as someone you created if only for a while?

BTW there are plenty of us who know LoTR cannon to help in character creation.

Cool
Back to top Go down
Dante

Dante

PostSubject: Re: Future Member/Forum Lurker   Future Member/Forum Lurker I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 02, 2011 12:26 am

HOW ARE U PUT AN ACCENT ON MY NAME IZZY!
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/DJgrenade
Izmiranna Peregrine

Izmiranna Peregrine

PostSubject: Re: Future Member/Forum Lurker   Future Member/Forum Lurker I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 02, 2011 2:46 am

Magic Danté, magic!gfxlovers.com/smilies

I'll tell you at practice tomorrow.

Back to top Go down
Dante

Dante

PostSubject: Re: Future Member/Forum Lurker   Future Member/Forum Lurker I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 02, 2011 9:42 am

*DARE
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/DJgrenade
Izmiranna Peregrine

Izmiranna Peregrine

PostSubject: Re: Future Member/Forum Lurker   Future Member/Forum Lurker I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 02, 2011 6:41 pm

Looks like you will have to wait longer Danté... we can't come out this weekend.

Back to top Go down
Calvero

PostSubject: Re: Future Member/Forum Lurker   Future Member/Forum Lurker I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 02, 2011 11:14 pm

From bad news to worse. Instead of 6 months its more likely that I won't be able to go at all.
Sorry for wasting your time.
Back to top Go down
Izmiranna Peregrine

Izmiranna Peregrine

PostSubject: Re: Future Member/Forum Lurker   Future Member/Forum Lurker I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 02, 2011 11:41 pm

No waste of time... just stay in touch! You never know, you may be able to drop in some time. *hugs*

-Izmiranna Peregrine pirat gfxlovers.com/smilies
Back to top Go down
Calvero

PostSubject: Re: Future Member/Forum Lurker   Future Member/Forum Lurker I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2011 5:56 am

I might actually be able to make it this Saturday.

..........I would need a ride, though. It's too far to walk. (7 miles)
Back to top Go down
Izmiranna Peregrine

Izmiranna Peregrine

PostSubject: Re: Future Member/Forum Lurker   Future Member/Forum Lurker I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2011 4:31 pm

Post up your address or place that someone can pick you up at and lets see if we can find you a ride if you can go this weekend. I love you

-Izmiranna Peregrine pirat gfxlovers.com/smilies
Pirate Viking... go figure!
Back to top Go down
Phoxly

Phoxly

PostSubject: Re: Future Member/Forum Lurker   Future Member/Forum Lurker I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2011 4:44 pm

Or if you aren't comfortable posting your full address, just post the area/crossroads you live by and we can find someone who's close by to PM.
Back to top Go down
Calvero

PostSubject: Re: Future Member/Forum Lurker   Future Member/Forum Lurker I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2011 9:42 pm

Sierra Vista/Swenson.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Future Member/Forum Lurker   Future Member/Forum Lurker I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Future Member/Forum Lurker
Page 1 of 1