Barad'Dun The Western Tower
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Barad'Dun The Western Tower

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  WebpageWebpage  Log inLog in  

Oh my god. It's female.

Go down 
+3
konradr
Strider
Alacian
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Alacian

Alacian

Oh my god. It's female. Empty
PostSubject: Oh my god. It's female.   Oh my god. It's female. I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 23, 2009 6:30 pm

Alright. Where to start?

I'll start with a little about myself. My name is Alyssa. I'm seventeen years of age and I've been role-playing (online) for the past six years, I believe. I'm not from Nevada. I'm from Missouri and have been out here about three years now with my family. A.K.A - > Southern girl with a want for Dagorshir and can take a hit. (Ha.).

My day job is that of a tutor for Vietnamese children. It's part time while I finish out my exams to start college in the next month or month and a half. I actually graduated high school in May of '08. But, due to the board of education being how it is with politics and the like they wouldn't accept my home school diploma from Missouri. So, exams = accredited diploma to back up my knowledge.

I've always had a fascination for LARPs/ role-plays / and basically fun in a good atmosphere. I'm big on reading, especially fantasy. I write a little as well. My current hobby is role-playing by the by. I host a game online, too that is still in development. I've played every setting from the Anitaverse, Victorian-era, John Normans Gor, H.P Lovecraft, Medieval, Fantasy, Futuristic, Renaissance, and so on. I also used to/do play a little DnD now and again. ...*flashes my nerd card*...

A few friends of mine (out of state) got to talking about there being live groups to play in with combat and a little role-play at the same time. I even helped brainstorm a little for quests with a friend down South Dakota way who does Amtgard. *ducks from any tomatoes slung at that*...

Though, this morning I was speaking with a coder/friend of mine, Jon. He lives in Massachusetts and was on his way to a Dagorhir practice. He gave me the links for the website and told me I oughta check it out since I was looking for a group that participates and holds such events.

So...boiling down to the point a bit. He told me that they let female participation in his chapter. Though, now I've been skimming through your own here in Las Vegas - I flipped to the link for races/creatures. Above the list it said 'Men'.

Do you not allow female participants? I'm country...growing up on a ranch with male cousins, a brother and basically working on a dairy...in a kennel...growing your own crops every year...as well as going logging from the age of ten and up for fire wood in the winter....

I think I can handle being hit with a foam padded pole-arm and manage to riposte rather well and not cry. *winks*

So, that's my main question from the get-go is whether you allow female participants. My mother already said it's fine if I found a group and she'd sign the waiver if need be.

I actually live at the corner of Buffalo/Flamingo. I'm not that far from Desert Breeze and ride my bike that far during my morning rides. I can get there.

Also, I'd like to inquire of what the dues are for your chapter and what they vary from. How long do the weekend practices normally range from and to? Is it weekly, once, twice and so on and so forth?

It may be a week or two before I actually participate if I'm allowed to by your chapter. I've a few things with my day job to straighten and crack down on my exams a bit so I'm enrolled with St. Rose before the year is out. Otherwise I'm all for Dagorhir. It'll be my first time. But I'm a quick learner and not easily discouraged.

Anyway. I'll close for now and wait for a response.

- Alyssa

p.s. If I'm denied the ability to participate because no one wants to hit a girl...I may very well start laughing at the response since I'm the same girl that accidentally cracked their fathers head on the tile when putting him in an arm-bar lock...It's about having fun (not causing true harm). Not being a gentleman. =P

Last edited by Alacian on Sun Aug 23, 2009 7:10 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : I spelled desert incorrectly. =P)
Back to top Go down
Strider

Strider

Location : Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: lolololololololololol roflcopterswaswaswa

PostSubject: Re: Oh my god. It's female.   Oh my god. It's female. I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 23, 2009 7:23 pm

Welcome, Alacian! I don't know why no one has replied back yet, but we do accept girls, most definitely. We just don't have any signed up on the boards. We only have two that participate at the moment but we don't care about gender or any of that crap. We practice at the corner of twain and durango at desert breeze and i think we are running practice at 12pm on Saturdays (haven't been home all summer, practically). You should print a waiver and get your mom to sign it and bring it next practice. We don't have any monetary implements that i am aware of. So come down and check us out and see if it's something you can get into! cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Alacian

Alacian

PostSubject: Re: Oh my god. It's female.   Oh my god. It's female. I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 23, 2009 7:33 pm

Note to self - Do NOT read forums when you've had little to no sleep in two days.

A previous comment I made in my original post showed that I assumed you only took men when I looked at the creatures page. I just looked again while flipping through old posts - The 'men' bit was for a list of races. Pfft. I'm such a tart sometimes. My apologies for that!

My thanks for the welcome, dollface. Yeah. I'll print a waiver. *shifty look*...As soon as I find it and copy it so Kinko's can do it for me. I broke my printer. I'll most likely not make it next weekend since my dad will be in town (long haul truck driver). It'll be weekend after I believe. We'll see.

I know exactly where that park is. I just hadn't realized there was a Dag group that went to it! I'm very excited though and I can't wait. I'm glad to know you take women. It'd be a shame if you didn't. ^_^

I inquired of monetary dues because some want them. I like to cover my bases and know what's what, ya know.

Anyhoo. I've got a few things to do. But I'll write up a persona and do my homework on said race over the coming week. Ahem. Garb wise....*can probably do something*....I'll look into it after I do my proper research. Weapon wise....Hrm. PVC, foam, pole-arm/staff. Not hard. I've managed to stick myself with a cattle prod...do a little lamp wiring.....I can do this!

Cheers!

I hope your summer's been great, hoss. ^_^
Back to top Go down
Strider

Strider

Location : Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: lolololololololololol roflcopterswaswaswa

PostSubject: Re: Oh my god. It's female.   Oh my god. It's female. I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 23, 2009 7:48 pm

You don't have to worry about garb or weapons yet. Just come down and use the loaner weapons and wear something you can move around in. You could just get a parent to come with you when you show up and I'll give you a waiver if it's easier for you. Side note: we actually have one female signed up already, didn't notice her profile on the member list silent
Back to top Go down
Alacian

Alacian

PostSubject: Re: Oh my god. It's female.   Oh my god. It's female. I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 23, 2009 11:54 pm

Can do, dollface. My thanks. I might be bringing my brother with me as well if he's interested. He said he was. He's eighteen. I *might* also be bringing another girl as well. She's my cousin and is nineteen. She's still debating it though...I think she's afraid people will say she's an elf because she's only 5'1. Heh heh.

We'll be down this coming Saturday - barring any unannounced hindrances. My mom actually wants to take me down anyway so she can at least see what I'm talking about. (No she won't be participating and if we start coming every week she'll just drop me off since we aren't even much of a mile from the park.).

Also I had another question. What's the age ranges that's in your current chapter? I'm curious (or my cousin is because she thinks I'm going to be on a field with *only* men in their forties and fifties that have bowls of candy and want me to help them find their puppies. *joke*).

You said it's at Desert Breeze. There's two parts to that place. The big open field across from the basket ball courts and the child's play area. - Which also has a parking lot right there on that side, too. I'm *assuming* that's where y'all are at. Or is it across the street from that side, and instead in the big soccer field?

I'm very excited for this. Also, should I go ahead and work out a character before I come? I can do it. I'm just curious. *nods* Mostly because I'll have to get my brother brushed up on his homework a character.

My thanks for all the assistance, love. You've been very helpful.

p.s. Yeah. If you could print a waiver and give it to me when I get there. I'd appreciate it. It'd be a lot easier.
Back to top Go down
Strider

Strider

PostSubject: Re: Oh my god. It's female.   Oh my god. It's female. I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2009 12:39 am

Well the ages range from 12(my brother) to 40something? (Sorry Konradr if I am way over guessing your age). I myself am turning 18 on friday, and most of the ages are in the 19-30 ages. This is a rough estimate, but we are all still pretty young here in Barad'Dun. I would say that you don't need to work on a character yet. The only required characters are for the royal army, but you can make one if you so desire. You can go ahead and bring your whole family, the more the merrier! WE play on the corner of Twain and Durango, just go up Durango and turn on the little side street that leads to the parking lot, we are easy to see. If you get lost you can or something then you can reach me at (702) 715-8335, but i don't think it should be too hard.
Back to top Go down
Alacian

Alacian

PostSubject: Re: Oh my god. It's female.   Oh my god. It's female. I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2009 12:52 am

Got it, doll. I wasn't sure if I needed a character, ya know. Heh. I saw races and I was like..."Oh. I have homework to do don't I...".

Good to know the age ranges. I don't mind how old anyone is. I just like a rough guess-timation.

Anyway. Yeah. It shouldn't be to hard to find y'all. I'll bring my brother for sure. I'll save further questions for when I get there. I'm sure it'll be a lot easier and faster to pick your brain at that time.

Oh and happy early birthday, mate.

Again, my thanks.
Back to top Go down
Strider

Strider

PostSubject: Re: Oh my god. It's female.   Oh my god. It's female. I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2009 12:57 am

No problem, Girly. I don't mind the quizzes, really, it's what the forums are for. So just blast away and you'll get an answer. Thank you for the happy b-day, looking forward to seeing you at practice!
Back to top Go down
Alacian

Alacian

PostSubject: Re: Oh my god. It's female.   Oh my god. It's female. I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2009 1:04 am

Oh. I got called girlie. Cute. *winks*

My thanks. I tend to make a lot of inquiries so I'm certain of what I'm doing. I'd hate to show up dressed like anything, period and then see people in jeans start laughing. Heh heh.

Sidenote - Do you use a messenger? Considering you're even online for a while. *shrugs* Feel free to pm me.

Oh. Another question. Is there anything specific I *do* need to know before I come? Or will I just sort of...get told when I get there. I don't want to hold anything up by needing my hand held because I didn't read something. =P
Back to top Go down
Strider

Strider

PostSubject: Re: Oh my god. It's female.   Oh my god. It's female. I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2009 1:11 am

Yeah, lol, I tend to call girls, girly.

I have two sets of full garb so no worries on what you want to wear. We don't really have a "period", Barad'Dun is based off of Lord of the Rings, like most of Dag, so.... Yeah but usually medieval garb is a shoe in.

I have AIM and I use Facebook, and am online a lot (85% of the day most of the time)

When you get here someone will take you aside and teach you the basics, everything else you will pick up through experience, nothing hard I promise, unless you love head shots.
Back to top Go down
Alacian

Alacian

PostSubject: Re: Oh my god. It's female.   Oh my god. It's female. I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2009 1:31 am

Eh. I don't mind nicknames. I call men hun, doll, love, sweetheart....It happens.

I'll figure out dress and what not after my first time. Heh heh. I'll just wear something I can move in this time. I just flipped to another thread that says y'all have people coming down this coming weekend....Sounds awesome (kinda scary since it's my first day. Ha ha.)

You can add my aim if you want: solitarykitten

That's great on the having someone to let me know the basics. I'll appreciate it. As far as head shots go....eh. What the hell. I've been kicked in the appendix by children....bitten by a horse...stuck myself with a cattle prod...a couple concussions in my day....

Side note - If my nose starts bleeding from a head shot (that wasn't hard). Don't scream. It's something that might happen. Ha ha.
Back to top Go down
Strider

Strider

PostSubject: Re: Oh my god. It's female.   Oh my god. It's female. I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2009 1:38 am

Well see the reason I mentioned it is because we don't allow headshots Razz
Only with projectile weapons(arrows, rock, javelin) are headshots allowed, or else some serious problems might arise.
Back to top Go down
Alacian

Alacian

PostSubject: Re: Oh my god. It's female.   Oh my god. It's female. I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2009 1:45 am

Strider wrote:
Well see the reason I mentioned it is because we don't allow headshots Razz
Only with projectile weapons(arrows, rock, javelin) are headshots allowed, or else some serious problems might arise.

Ahem. I've read the nation wide rules. Razz

I don't do head shots. *nods*....If I get hit with a real rock though.....*beats chest and rawrs*.. lol

Don't worry. I'm game on the rules and can follow it quite easily. My brother is coming along though....be warned. He's a year older than I - But he sometimes comes across as younger. Don't be afraid to whip off your medieval, leather braided belt from which hangs the skulls of pigeons to tan his hide with. *snickers*
Back to top Go down
Strider

Strider

PostSubject: Re: Oh my god. It's female.   Oh my god. It's female. I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2009 1:57 am

Well, I do have a belt.... lol!
Back to top Go down
Alacian

Alacian

PostSubject: Re: Oh my god. It's female.   Oh my god. It's female. I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2009 1:59 am

Right on. Ha ha. You'll be there this coming Friday, right? I'd like to meet said belt boy...almost man. =P

Side note...I noticed you're the only one to reply to my thread. I don't know whether to be troubled or take it as the normalcy of things. lol
Back to top Go down
Strider

Strider

PostSubject: Re: Oh my god. It's female.   Oh my god. It's female. I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2009 2:10 am

It's just that I am the only one on right now. Practice is on Saturday so I will be eighteen by then pirat
Back to top Go down
Alacian

Alacian

PostSubject: Re: Oh my god. It's female.   Oh my god. It's female. I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2009 2:27 am

Oo la la. A real man. I'm sure you'll save me from being eaten by the bigger men on my first date. *wise nod*
Back to top Go down
Strider

Strider

PostSubject: Re: Oh my god. It's female.   Oh my god. It's female. I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2009 2:44 am

Only if we are on the same team Very Happy
If not, then no holds barred milady!
Back to top Go down
Alacian

Alacian

PostSubject: Re: Oh my god. It's female.   Oh my god. It's female. I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2009 2:49 am

Heh heh. Duly noted, M'Lord!

Side note - I think my brother wants to be on an opposite team so he can beat the tar out of me in battle. lol Siblings...tough love is all I can say for him.
Back to top Go down
Strider

Strider

PostSubject: Re: Oh my god. It's female.   Oh my god. It's female. I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2009 3:05 am

Well, most of the time teams are chosen randomly or a team captain chooses people.
Back to top Go down
Alacian

Alacian

PostSubject: Re: Oh my god. It's female.   Oh my god. It's female. I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2009 3:12 am

Oh I know. I'm just rambling a little while I try to make Merry/C++ behave in another window....

But. Yep. I know. Randomization or team Captains choice.
Back to top Go down
Strider

Strider

PostSubject: Re: Oh my god. It's female.   Oh my god. It's female. I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2009 3:39 am

I want to learn how to do that C++ stuff
Back to top Go down
Alacian

Alacian

PostSubject: Re: Oh my god. It's female.   Oh my god. It's female. I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2009 3:49 am

Well I'm learning a variation of it called Merry. It's for setting up the foundations of a textually based prose-role-play game. Though, a friend of mine, Josh online had been helping me learn to write software programming or however you say it. He wants to teach me C++ and Lambda. It's just a hobby for me.

I'd been wanting to go to The International Academy of Arts & Design for Graphics Design. But I chose the medical field again here in the last year because I've heard the gaming industry isn't doing to hot with hiring. I may be wrong though. For now I'll take the medical and perhaps pursue actual game designer as a side thing once I get through CNA and LPN, and am starting on my specialization for RN Anesthesiologist. Even if they do pass the bill with a regulated salary for the medical field, at least it will be a secure career choice, financially.

I can always switch careers after I've gotten on my feet and found a secure job to support myself when I get out on my own before I take up gaming for a career. Right now it's just a hobby. Lots of fun though.
Back to top Go down
Alacian

Alacian

PostSubject: Re: Oh my god. It's female.   Oh my god. It's female. I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2009 3:54 am

He said C++ is relatively easy and simple after you get the hang of it. Writing software was damn easy on the writing and acquiring a reaction from it after executed. I'd stopped for reasons of a personal nature when I had things to take care of. I'll most likely be taking it up again after the end of the month.
Back to top Go down
Strider

Strider

PostSubject: Re: Oh my god. It's female.   Oh my god. It's female. I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2009 3:55 am

That's funny because I was going to attend there for graphics design, rofl.
I can do some of that stuff on a computer but not enough to create a basic game. More like textures Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Oh my god. It's female.   Oh my god. It's female. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Oh my god. It's female.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next