Barad'Dun The Western Tower
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Barad'Dun The Western Tower

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  WebpageWebpage  Log inLog in  

English/American translations...

Go down 
+3
konradr
Convel
Prysm Stormfallen
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Prysm Stormfallen

Prysm Stormfallen

English/American translations... Empty
PostSubject: English/American translations...   English/American translations... I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 24, 2011 1:37 pm

Ok - I sometimes want to say something (or buy something) and when I do I get blank looks from people... I am hoping I can post here and explain what I mean and you guys can tell me if its the same word or if its something completely different so I dont look a total idiot asking for something in a shop etc... Some of the locals have a hard enuff time understanding what I mean anyway (example on - asking for Dap in walmart... The guy didnt know what I was on about...)

So - Translation 1 - sand paper - something that is used for removing rough edges on things like wood... Is it the same here or different, as I need some for a project...
Back to top Go down
Convel

Convel

PostSubject: Re: English/American translations...   English/American translations... I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 24, 2011 1:52 pm

Sand Paper is the same here.

And yeah, Izzy and I got that same blank stare when we asked the guy at Walmart where the Dap was.... we then had to explain what it was, and he still looked at us like we were crazy... at which point we just said forget it, and found it and found it ourselves.

-Convel
Back to top Go down
konradr

konradr

PostSubject: Re: English/American translations...   English/American translations... I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 24, 2011 5:18 pm

For those who don't know, DAP a contact cement in a red and white can, is found in the paint area. Look for the isle with all the Tape and you will find DAP, Gorilla glue, Duct tape and Double Sided Duct tape all nestled together pretty as you please. =)

Konradr
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelfire.com/nv/jazzviking/whatisa.html
Prysm Stormfallen

Prysm Stormfallen

PostSubject: Re: English/American translations...   English/American translations... I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 24, 2011 5:25 pm

Konradr - can you tell walmart that... lol
Back to top Go down
Taco

Taco

PostSubject: Re: English/American translations...   English/American translations... I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 24, 2011 9:35 pm

walmart stoped selling dap you can only get it at homedepo
Back to top Go down
Tiberius Claudius

PostSubject: Re: English/American translations...   English/American translations... I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 24, 2011 10:43 pm

That's crap.

Our walmarts still sell DAP, and at a nice price too ~ $6.00 so just the same as a roll of blue foam.

Prysm, you're one of Her Majesty's royal subjects, eh? Fascinating.
Back to top Go down
Prysm Stormfallen

Prysm Stormfallen

PostSubject: Re: English/American translations...   English/American translations... I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 24, 2011 10:59 pm

Surprised I thought I was a subject of HM the King of Barad'Dun....

But in the boring world... Yes - very English and a royalist Smile
Back to top Go down
Sarabi

Sarabi

PostSubject: Re: English/American translations...   English/American translations... I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 24, 2011 11:37 pm

English/American translations... Dapcan

looks like this!
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1336161982
Hollister

Hollister

PostSubject: Re: English/American translations...   English/American translations... I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 25, 2011 3:29 am

Thanks. I went to home depot and asked for DAP and the guy showed me about a score of DAP products. Now I know specifically which one to ask for. Surprised
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: English/American translations...   English/American translations... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

English/American translations...
Page 1 of 1