Barad'Dun The Western Tower
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Barad'Dun The Western Tower

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  WebpageWebpage  Log inLog in  

Red wine decreases bone loss and muscle atrophy.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
konradr

konradr

Red wine decreases bone loss and muscle atrophy. Empty
PostSubject: Red wine decreases bone loss and muscle atrophy.   Red wine decreases bone loss and muscle atrophy. I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 09, 2011 8:21 pm

I never liked wine because its strong smell of rotten makes it taste rotten.

Read articles on how its good for you in many ways.

Anyone know of a Red wine that doesn't smell or taste strong or rotten.

Konradr
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelfire.com/nv/jazzviking/whatisa.html
Izmiranna Peregrine

Izmiranna Peregrine

PostSubject: Re: Red wine decreases bone loss and muscle atrophy.   Red wine decreases bone loss and muscle atrophy. I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 09, 2011 9:00 pm

Using an aerator helps prevent that smell and taste by allowing the force of air in with the wine, this works better than letting it breath in my opinion. As for a Red that doesn't start with that rotten smell and flavor, may I suggest a nice:

Atlas Peak Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon 2006
Made with full extraction and long skin contact, this wine is made to maximize body and weight while having long silky tannins. The 2006 Cabernet Sauvignon has aromas of ripe dark cherry and blackberry notes with mocha, clove and a hint of vanilla. This wine offers lush, juicy cherry and blueberry flavors. On the palate, sweet vanilla, clove, and a hint of cinnamon are brought forth by the nuances of French oak aging. Seamless with a nice long finish, this wine is very elegant with a fine structure.

Yes, I love my wines.

-Izmiranna Peregrine pirat gfxlovers.com/smilies
Pirate Viking or Viking Pirate...?
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001046867423
Prysm Stormfallen

Prysm Stormfallen

PostSubject: Re: Red wine decreases bone loss and muscle atrophy.   Red wine decreases bone loss and muscle atrophy. I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 09, 2011 11:57 pm

mmm- I now want some! damn - I have to go get ready for work Sad
Back to top Go down
konradr

konradr

PostSubject: Re: Red wine decreases bone loss and muscle atrophy.   Red wine decreases bone loss and muscle atrophy. I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 10, 2011 6:52 am

you sound like a Wine salesman, er, woman.

Thx. Blueberry huh? That might be the one.

Konradr
Back to top Go down
konradr

konradr

PostSubject: Re: Red wine decreases bone loss and muscle atrophy.   Red wine decreases bone loss and muscle atrophy. I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 12, 2011 7:19 pm

How do you aerate the wine?

And, do you drink wine at room temp or cold from the fridge, or with ice?

Konradr
Back to top Go down
Convel

Convel

PostSubject: Re: Red wine decreases bone loss and muscle atrophy.   Red wine decreases bone loss and muscle atrophy. I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 12, 2011 7:21 pm

You can let it sit with the cork out for awhile on the counter, or you can get an aerator, I know we bought my parents one from bed,bath,and beyond for about 25 bucks.

It does make a HUGE difference on the taste though
Back to top Go down
Prysm Stormfallen

Prysm Stormfallen

PostSubject: Re: Red wine decreases bone loss and muscle atrophy.   Red wine decreases bone loss and muscle atrophy. I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 13, 2011 11:58 am

Most people will tell you it has to be drunk at room temp. I find (as this rule was made when rooms were slightly cooler than these days...) That if you refrigerate it and then take it out after about an hour (a full bottle that is) its nicely cool but not chilled. If you are drinking daily by the glass then keep the wine in the fridge (longevity) and pour yourself a glass and let stand for 1/2 hour before drinking - helps aerate and brings it to cool again. Or you can just drink room (or tent - me on saturday possibly....?) temperature. Unlike whites, reds are robust enough to take a little temeprature abuse like that.

Oh - and word of advice - buy organic wine - is a whole different world of flavors in one glass in comparison to regular... If I can the only reds I buy are organic
Back to top Go down
konradr

konradr

PostSubject: Re: Red wine decreases bone loss and muscle atrophy.   Red wine decreases bone loss and muscle atrophy. I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 15, 2011 4:50 am

Another dumb question. You say open the bottle and let it breathe awhile to aerate. Is that the first time you open the bottle or everytime you open the bottle for a drink?

Konradr
Back to top Go down
Prysm Stormfallen

Prysm Stormfallen

PostSubject: Re: Red wine decreases bone loss and muscle atrophy.   Red wine decreases bone loss and muscle atrophy. I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 15, 2011 4:58 am

If you are only having one glass per night, just open, pour, wait about 1/2 hour, then drink. Then each glass has breathing time but the bottle isnt open long enuff to aerate the wine left so it will last a bit longer. If its you and your wife drinking it, it will be gone in 3 nights so just aerate the bottle 1 hr on opening, and then about 20 mins each subsequent day Smile

That should be enuff to work Smile but if Izzy says different go with her suggestions - she does more red wine than I do Smile
Back to top Go down
Phoxly

Phoxly

PostSubject: Re: Red wine decreases bone loss and muscle atrophy.   Red wine decreases bone loss and muscle atrophy. I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 15, 2011 5:28 am

I should start drinking some red wine. >Smile
Back to top Go down
konradr

konradr

PostSubject: Re: Red wine decreases bone loss and muscle atrophy.   Red wine decreases bone loss and muscle atrophy. I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 15, 2011 5:32 am

I read several articles online where they were looking for things to give astronauts in space who deal with bone loss and muscle loss due to the weightless environment. They say an ingredient in Red wine helps. You can't drink enough that it would replace excercise but they recommend it as helping. Like two glasses a night. They recommend it for people who temporarily can't excercise like patients in a wheel chair, etc.

Konradr
Back to top Go down
Phoxly

Phoxly

PostSubject: Re: Red wine decreases bone loss and muscle atrophy.   Red wine decreases bone loss and muscle atrophy. I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 15, 2011 5:54 am

That's really interesting, my grandma and my mother both drink wine weekly or so. I don't know if it's red or not.

Arrow Razz The More You Know Arrow
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Red wine decreases bone loss and muscle atrophy.   Red wine decreases bone loss and muscle atrophy. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Red wine decreases bone loss and muscle atrophy.
Page 1 of 1