Barad'Dun The Western Tower
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Barad'Dun The Western Tower

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  WebpageWebpage  Log inLog in  

Imprison the criminals or stop the crime?

Go down 
2 posters

Imprison the criminals
Imprison the criminals or stop the crime? I_vote_lcap57%Imprison the criminals or stop the crime? I_vote_rcap
 57% [ 4 ]
Stop the crime
Imprison the criminals or stop the crime? I_vote_lcap43%Imprison the criminals or stop the crime? I_vote_rcap
 43% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 7

AuthorMessage
Sylar

Sylar

Imprison the criminals or stop the crime? Empty
PostSubject: Imprison the criminals or stop the crime?   Imprison the criminals or stop the crime? I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 27, 2011 6:20 am

It's a little question I thought of a while back, and was wondering which exactly this country is based off of. Now, I wanted to ask YOU what YOUR moral compass thinks about this. Would you rather STOP CRIME FROM HAPPENING, or PUT ALL THE CRIMINALS AWAY.

If you want to think of this as more realistic than idealistic, picture a car being stolen. Which kind of protection would you prefer;
A. An alarm that triggered the moment someone tried to break in, and a very obvious way to tell that said alarm was on the car.
B. An alarm that triggered a minute or two after someone successfully broke in, stopping the car's function and trapping them in it.

It's pretty simple. Would you rather stop criminals from committing crimes, or stop crimes from being commit-table?
Back to top Go down
Tiberius Claudius

PostSubject: Re: Imprison the criminals or stop the crime?   Imprison the criminals or stop the crime? I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 29, 2011 11:44 pm

Where's the options for execution or banishment?

Honestly, for most crimes above some pre-determined level of "pettiness", I'm all for banishment.
Put the convicted persons in a C-130 airplane with a parachute and a bottle of water. Kick them out somewhere over Africa and say "You have violated our laws. If you ever come back we'll kill you."

Preferably, they'd have some sort of tamper-proof form of low-yield explosive implanted in their body that would explode if they ever came back to the US and we had some sort of radio frequency-emitting machines at the ports of entry and other very public areas.
Back to top Go down
Sylar

Sylar

PostSubject: Re: Imprison the criminals or stop the crime?   Imprison the criminals or stop the crime? I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2011 8:12 am

I should have put 'punish' rather than imprison, now that I think about it. Either way, I think my point got across, and without violating that whole 'unreasonable punishment' thing that you seem not to be too fond of, Tiberius :P
Back to top Go down
Tiberius Claudius

PostSubject: Re: Imprison the criminals or stop the crime?   Imprison the criminals or stop the crime? I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2011 10:23 pm

But what's reasonable?
Back to top Go down
Sylar

Sylar

PostSubject: Re: Imprison the criminals or stop the crime?   Imprison the criminals or stop the crime? I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2011 10:30 pm

Imprisonment is reasonable. Legally, at least. Morally, I have not clue. Definitely not strapping explosives to their chests that go off whenever they try coming back.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Imprison the criminals or stop the crime?   Imprison the criminals or stop the crime? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Barad'Dun The Western Tower :: Real Life-
Jump to: