Barad'Dun The Western Tower
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Barad'Dun The Western Tower

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  WebpageWebpage  Log inLog in  

An Tir Dearg in the news AGAIN...

Go down 
+2
Demie Zephyra
konradr
6 posters
AuthorMessage
konradr

konradr

An Tir Dearg in the news AGAIN... Empty
PostSubject: An Tir Dearg in the news AGAIN...   An Tir Dearg in the news AGAIN... I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 31, 2011 7:34 am

Back to top Go down
http://www.angelfire.com/nv/jazzviking/whatisa.html
Demie Zephyra

Demie Zephyra

PostSubject: Re: An Tir Dearg in the news AGAIN...   An Tir Dearg in the news AGAIN... I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 31, 2011 5:18 pm

They don't live in Vegas, where exciting stuff is always happening?

Think about it.

If you were a reporter, would you rather do a piece on us?

Or perhaps...

"Brittany Spears, J-Lo, and Scarlett Johanson have lesbian threesome at Palms swimming pool!"

Surprised
Back to top Go down
konradr

konradr

PostSubject: Re: An Tir Dearg in the news AGAIN...   An Tir Dearg in the news AGAIN... I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 31, 2011 6:04 pm

All neighborhood papers and even the majors have sections devoted to locals and their entertainment. The valley news does that kind of thing all the time. I contacted their editor back in the day and she gave me a reporter to contact but he never replied to any of my emails. But they do pieces all the time on various activities around town. SCA, rennfaire. I just saw a piece on the Las Vegas Badminton club, and the Las Vegas Dodge ball and the Las Vegas kickball groups.

Maybe someone should do another round of contacting editors of all the papers and even the College journalists?

Just sayin.

We could aire something on Channel 10. They have a section on their website for renting their facilities or renting their camera crews, etc, to make info pieces.

Maybe we could contact them on how much if anything it would cost for a small late night info piece??

How about one of those "Nevada stuff" shows on PBS. If any of them are still filming maybe we could contact them. I'm trying to remember the show I liked watching. I think it was "outdoor nevada" or something. Might try that. It would be like the Chinese travel show but in English.

http://www.vegaspbs.org/index.aspx?NID=248

Does UNLV have a broadcasting studio too and airtime?

Konradr
Back to top Go down
konradr

konradr

PostSubject: Re: An Tir Dearg in the news AGAIN...   An Tir Dearg in the news AGAIN... I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 31, 2011 6:30 pm

Ok, I sent off an email to PBS. Let's see if they are interested.

Konradr
Back to top Go down
Smithy
Admin
Smithy

PostSubject: Re: An Tir Dearg in the news AGAIN...   An Tir Dearg in the news AGAIN... I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 31, 2011 8:04 pm

I have a feeling that we'll hear from them at the one year mark of Surt's . . . . . . . kinda hard to believe actually. Anyway, I think that we should either hear from them or we contact them to find out any progress. Maybe the police as well.
Back to top Go down
Sarabi

Sarabi

PostSubject: Re: An Tir Dearg in the news AGAIN...   An Tir Dearg in the news AGAIN... I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 31, 2011 9:04 pm

OOH good idea konradr!. get on that smithy. yeah lets work as a team to be awesome! >.<
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1336161982
Tiberius Claudius

PostSubject: Re: An Tir Dearg in the news AGAIN...   An Tir Dearg in the news AGAIN... I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 01, 2011 10:23 pm

Demie Zephyra wrote:
They don't live in Vegas, where exciting stuff is always happening?

Think about it.

If you were a reporter, would you rather do a piece on us?

Or perhaps...

"Brittany Spears, J-Lo, and Scarlett Johanson have lesbian threesome at Palms swimming pool!"

Surprised

You're absolutely right.

This article is in the local jr. college newspaper and focuses on the "arts and crafts" aspect of our sport... Shocked

I'm in the process of writing a letter to the editor to correct this and make sure the focus is on combat......and to plug our practice times and locations Very Happy

Good luck getting your 15 minutes.

Back to top Go down
konradr

konradr

PostSubject: Re: An Tir Dearg in the news AGAIN...   An Tir Dearg in the news AGAIN... I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 02, 2011 6:58 am

From PBS:

Quote :
Dear Mr. Bowker:

Thank you for your inquiry to Vegas PBS and the suggestion to feature Dagorhir. Unfortunately, Outdoor Nevada is no longer in production, so we will not be producing any new segments for the program.

Our current local productions are Chef Keller: Secrets of a Chef, Signing Times and Wonders of the West along with our weekly Nevada Week in Review and information programming for the Clark County School District. Dagorhir is very exciting, but unfortunately doesn’t match the formats of these programs.

Thank you again for thinking of us!

Tina Past

Corporate Communications Director

That footage in the ATD video from the sword end looked really cool. We should try something like that sometime if anyone has a cheap video head that they can put in harms way. Like those cheap security cam's they make that you can hide in things or tape onto helmets and hook up wirelessly to laptops.

Konradr
Back to top Go down
wolf

wolf

PostSubject: Re: An Tir Dearg in the news AGAIN...   An Tir Dearg in the news AGAIN... I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 02, 2011 9:19 pm

ell i kinda do not cheap!! but a next to the head cam well its my bros camera we take it out when we jetski but ill ask if i can borrow it for some vid footage but try not to hit it or the recording unit they are $$$$
Back to top Go down
Tiberius Claudius

PostSubject: Re: An Tir Dearg in the news AGAIN...   An Tir Dearg in the news AGAIN... I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 02, 2011 10:30 pm

That sucks Konradr.....that would have been an awesome avenue. Perhaps UNLV has a production facility / class that would be willing to come out and do a piece on you guys.

This headcam was pretty cool - small, lightweight on an elastic band. Wouldn't come loose if you ran around and tumbled like crazy. If you jury rig something you should really be able to get good footage if you take care not to attack the person with it, or be too aggressive. Hell, a well choreographed fight could be awesome and ensure that the camera is in no danger.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: An Tir Dearg in the news AGAIN...   An Tir Dearg in the news AGAIN... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

An Tir Dearg in the news AGAIN...
Page 1 of 1