Barad'Dun The Western Tower
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Barad'Dun The Western Tower

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  WebpageWebpage  Log inLog in  

Weapon/Garb/Gear Build (Friday, Sep 9)

Go down 
+8
Izmiranna Peregrine
Phoxly
Hirgon
konradr
Acrid the Fool
Sarabi
Sylar
Convel
12 posters
AuthorMessage
Convel

Convel

Weapon/Garb/Gear Build (Friday, Sep 9) Empty
PostSubject: Weapon/Garb/Gear Build (Friday, Sep 9)   Weapon/Garb/Gear Build (Friday, Sep 9) I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 04, 2011 3:25 pm

Who:
Everyone is invited to be here. Provided you are here to sew, help pin, help with what others may need to finish garb, or help work on weapons and/or gear. If you don't know how to make passing weapons, this would be a good place to learn as well. Our foamsmiths are always happy to teach.

What:

Weapon/Garb/Gear Building

Where:
Izmiranna & Convels Home
3710 Lilly Star Ct.
North Las Vegas, NV 89031

When:
Friday, 9 Sept, from 1200 noon - done

Why:
To build weapons for those that show up and make us look even better on the field

How:

If you would like to make some garb or have garb made for you, please bring fabric with you or talk to someone to work out a bartering for fabric. If you have a sewing machine, bring it with you, the more sewers we have, the better. If you have spare fabric that others may use, please bring that as well. Help in every aspect is needed; whether it be sewing, pinning, cutting, bringing spare fabric for others to use, etc. Every bit of help would be greatly appreciated.

Please also either bring foam, tape, dap, rope for handles, cores. and/or money for donations if you are wanting a weapon. Foam for box layers on weapons and the tape to finish them are going to be extra important to have with you.

If you have any questions about the garb building please feel free to contact Izzy through PM here. If you have any questions about the weapon/gear building please feel free to contact me through PM here.

- Convel (Wolf Warrior)
War Wolf Stern Sailor
Barad'Dun Protector
Back to top Go down
Sylar

Sylar

PostSubject: Re: Weapon/Garb/Gear Build (Friday, Sep 9)   Weapon/Garb/Gear Build (Friday, Sep 9) I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 04, 2011 8:08 pm

Weapon/Garb/Gear Build (Friday, Sep 9) 364i
That's faaaar ._.
Back to top Go down
Sarabi

Sarabi

PostSubject: Re: Weapon/Garb/Gear Build (Friday, Sep 9)   Weapon/Garb/Gear Build (Friday, Sep 9) I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 05, 2011 1:11 am

me and josh will probably make it... yay first time seeing izzy and convels house! i'm excited!
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1336161982
Acrid the Fool

Acrid the Fool

PostSubject: Re: Weapon/Garb/Gear Build (Friday, Sep 9)   Weapon/Garb/Gear Build (Friday, Sep 9) I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 05, 2011 6:03 am

Sylar wrote:
Weapon/Garb/Gear Build (Friday, Sep 9) 364i
That's faaaar ._.

jeezzuzz! you live in like the complete opposite side of town! (me, taco, sarabi also live near izzy and convel)
Back to top Go down
konradr

konradr

PostSubject: Re: Weapon/Garb/Gear Build (Friday, Sep 9)   Weapon/Garb/Gear Build (Friday, Sep 9) I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 05, 2011 6:12 am

On the map I live in "Whitney" and I feel your pain everytime I go to practice. Izzy and Convel are on the otherside of the world when you're driving a gas guzzler.

Konradr
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelfire.com/nv/jazzviking/whatisa.html
Hirgon

Hirgon

PostSubject: Re: Weapon/Garb/Gear Build (Friday, Sep 9)   Weapon/Garb/Gear Build (Friday, Sep 9) I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 05, 2011 6:26 am

On the map i live near paradise......... I think i still dont get las vegas ive been only livin here for 4-5 years cuz im from Guam
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001597470989
Sylar

Sylar

PostSubject: Re: Weapon/Garb/Gear Build (Friday, Sep 9)   Weapon/Garb/Gear Build (Friday, Sep 9) I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 05, 2011 6:41 am

konradr wrote:
On the map I live in "Whitney" and I feel your pain everytime I go to practice. Izzy and Convel are on the otherside of the world when you're driving a gas guzzler.

Konradr
You can't feel my pain, because I don't have a car. So it's me asking my parents to drive me so far. If I had my own car, the only thing I'd mind would be the price of the gas :P
Back to top Go down
Phoxly

Phoxly

PostSubject: Re: Weapon/Garb/Gear Build (Friday, Sep 9)   Weapon/Garb/Gear Build (Friday, Sep 9) I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 05, 2011 9:24 pm

Sylar wrote:
konradr wrote:

Konradr
You can't feel my pain, because I don't have a car. So it's me asking my parents to drive me so far. If I had my own car, the only thing I'd mind would be the price of the gas Razz

Do your parents make you pay the gas? Then you don't feel Konrad's wallet's pain. Wink
Back to top Go down
Izmiranna Peregrine

Izmiranna Peregrine

PostSubject: Re: Weapon/Garb/Gear Build (Friday, Sep 9)   Weapon/Garb/Gear Build (Friday, Sep 9) I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 07, 2011 7:05 pm

Please remember to bring extra drinks for yourself (we are getting water for everyone, but can not get extra types of drinks) and maybe a few dollars for food (we will have a few munchies) if you plan on being here for an extended period of time Friday. Thanks!

Also, if you have not been to our place before, just look for our House Banner on the front door to help you identify the right place (not like you can't see all the cars and building going on in the garage).
Weapon/Garb/Gear Build (Friday, Sep 9) Family10

-Izmiranna Peregrine
War Wolf
Bow Sailor of Raven's Wind
Barad'Dun Protector and Herald
Viking Sea Sister
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001046867423
Prysm Stormfallen

Prysm Stormfallen

PostSubject: Re: Weapon/Garb/Gear Build (Friday, Sep 9)   Weapon/Garb/Gear Build (Friday, Sep 9) I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 07, 2011 7:47 pm

WOW! The banner is AWESOME!!!!

Cant wait to see it in real life!
Back to top Go down
Phoxly

Phoxly

PostSubject: Re: Weapon/Garb/Gear Build (Friday, Sep 9)   Weapon/Garb/Gear Build (Friday, Sep 9) I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 07, 2011 7:50 pm

Reverse applique'?
Back to top Go down
Izmiranna Peregrine

Izmiranna Peregrine

PostSubject: Re: Weapon/Garb/Gear Build (Friday, Sep 9)   Weapon/Garb/Gear Build (Friday, Sep 9) I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 07, 2011 8:02 pm

It's not as big of a banner as I wanted, but we decided that we would like to be able to hang it right outside our tent for events without it swallowing up our camp. So I believe it measures around 18x24.

Tooka: not really sure what that means... but it is only one sided (for now) and the backdrop is a solid piece with the hand-cut forms stitched on top of it. It's my first Banner, so will get more adventurous with the next. What a Face

-Izmiranna Peregrine
War Wolf
Viking Sea Sister
Back to top Go down
Lee

PostSubject: Fabric   Weapon/Garb/Gear Build (Friday, Sep 9) I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 09, 2011 12:34 am

My two brothers and i will be going. I know its kind of late to be asking but what kind of fabric should we bring?
Back to top Go down
Izmiranna Peregrine

Izmiranna Peregrine

PostSubject: Re: Weapon/Garb/Gear Build (Friday, Sep 9)   Weapon/Garb/Gear Build (Friday, Sep 9) I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 09, 2011 12:44 am

Anything that will breathe well on the field. Linen, linen blends, cotton, cotton/linen, cotton blends; these types of fabrics will breathe very well on the field. If you are not really sure how to tell if a fabric will breathe well: hold the fabric up to your mouth and breathe through it, if you feel the breath through it without having to breathe hard through the fabric, then it will breathe well for you. Also, you do not want anything to thin, as is will rip while fighting and nothing to thick as to weigh you down.

-Izmiranna Peregrine
War Wolf
Viking Sea Sister

Last edited by Izmiranna Peregrine on Fri Sep 09, 2011 6:44 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Lee

PostSubject: Re: Weapon/Garb/Gear Build (Friday, Sep 9)   Weapon/Garb/Gear Build (Friday, Sep 9) I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 09, 2011 1:15 am

Alright, Thank you.
See you tommorow
Back to top Go down
sasquatch

sasquatch

PostSubject: Re: Weapon/Garb/Gear Build (Friday, Sep 9)   Weapon/Garb/Gear Build (Friday, Sep 9) I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 09, 2011 10:19 pm

ugh i need new gear i feel all ragtag now
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/kookiecrazy
Sylar

Sylar

PostSubject: Re: Weapon/Garb/Gear Build (Friday, Sep 9)   Weapon/Garb/Gear Build (Friday, Sep 9) I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 09, 2011 11:19 pm

Is it over? How was it? Everyone have fun? :O
Back to top Go down
Smithy
Admin
Smithy

PostSubject: Re: Weapon/Garb/Gear Build (Friday, Sep 9)   Weapon/Garb/Gear Build (Friday, Sep 9) I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 10, 2011 3:04 am

Actually it isn't over yet.
Back to top Go down
Izmiranna Peregrine

Izmiranna Peregrine

PostSubject: Re: Weapon/Garb/Gear Build (Friday, Sep 9)   Weapon/Garb/Gear Build (Friday, Sep 9) I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 10, 2011 3:05 am

Still going... having a great time!

-Izmiranna Peregrine
War Wolf
Viking Sea Sister
Back to top Go down
Sylar

Sylar

PostSubject: Re: Weapon/Garb/Gear Build (Friday, Sep 9)   Weapon/Garb/Gear Build (Friday, Sep 9) I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 10, 2011 3:38 am

Wow O.o
Back to top Go down
Sarabi

Sarabi

PostSubject: Re: Weapon/Garb/Gear Build (Friday, Sep 9)   Weapon/Garb/Gear Build (Friday, Sep 9) I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 10, 2011 4:25 am

shoot i forgot about it!. damn oh well YAY for people looking awesome!
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1336161982
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Weapon/Garb/Gear Build (Friday, Sep 9)   Weapon/Garb/Gear Build (Friday, Sep 9) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Weapon/Garb/Gear Build (Friday, Sep 9)
Page 1 of 1