Barad'Dun The Western Tower
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Barad'Dun The Western Tower

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  WebpageWebpage  Log inLog in  

Loaner Pile

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Sylar

Sylar

Loaner Pile Empty
PostSubject: Loaner Pile   Loaner Pile I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 05, 2011 7:22 am

I had a big, big smile on my face when I thought of this. This is one of those Free-For-All game types where you CAN'T just sit around, waiting for someone to come to you. It's very simple, you take everyone's weapons away, put all of the loaners in a big pile, and have everyone stand at an equal distance away from it. The Herald calls "Lay On!" and the Free-For-All begins. Be sure to enforce the weaponless contact rules, such as grappling and body checks before starting the round as to make sure To determine equal distance from the center, just make everyone stand in a circle, have a herald hold a rope from the center, and another guy walk around the circle holding the rope at a certain point. Have people stand where the rope ends, and they'll all be at an equal distance away.

That was the 'Hunger Games' version. If you want a more 'Dodgeball-like' playing style, split everyone up into two teams, and lay the weapons in a straight line inbetween the two teams, with both of them standing equal distances away. This will reduce the amount of ONE PERSON being able to puppy guard the weapons pile, but at the same time will allow the team with the higher amount of runners to get more weapons.

And just because we're on the topic, I might as well suggest a 'Dodgeball' game, but played with Javvies. Why not?
Back to top Go down
konradr

konradr

Loaner Pile Empty
PostSubject: Re: Loaner Pile   Loaner Pile I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 05, 2011 7:29 am

We call that game the Troll game. One or two Troll's guard the pile of weapons and everyone else is a peasant trying to get a weapon. The peasants are against the troll and themselves. The Troll's respawn until I think there is only one peasant left or something like that.

Konradr
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelfire.com/nv/jazzviking/whatisa.html
Sylar

Sylar

Loaner Pile Empty
PostSubject: Re: Loaner Pile   Loaner Pile I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 05, 2011 7:31 am

I don't like that because you already have guys puppy guarding. I'd like to see a few people rushing at the pile, fighting eachother off, and then turning around to see other guys try and get weapons. It'd also be nice to see the guy guarding the pile switch every so often.
Back to top Go down
Izmiranna Peregrine

Izmiranna Peregrine

Loaner Pile Empty
PostSubject: Re: Loaner Pile   Loaner Pile I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 05, 2011 2:16 pm

There is a game similar to that... I'll see if I can't find the rules for Saturday.

-Izmiranna Peregrine pirat gfxlovers.com/smilies
Pirate Viking or Viking Pirate...?
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001046867423
Acrid the Fool

Acrid the Fool

Loaner Pile Empty
PostSubject: Re: Loaner Pile   Loaner Pile I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 05, 2011 10:24 pm

We accidentally did something similar. It was Vahalla cept when you died you had to drop your equipment. Ended up being a weapon hording game lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Loaner Pile Empty
PostSubject: Re: Loaner Pile   Loaner Pile I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Loaner Pile
Page 1 of 1