Barad'Dun The Western Tower
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Barad'Dun The Western Tower

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  WebpageWebpage  Log inLog in  

First Time At Dagorhir (Aug. 29th '09)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Alacian

Alacian

First Time At Dagorhir (Aug. 29th '09) Empty
PostSubject: First Time At Dagorhir (Aug. 29th '09)   First Time At Dagorhir (Aug. 29th '09) I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 30, 2009 3:48 am

Today was *amazing*.

Sure, I know I was shy at first and a little intimidated (Strider was giving me *that* look. =P). But, seriously I loosened up after a little bit of play with Strider and Kilanos giving me some pointers and letting me test weaponry on them. Then Smithy (Man I loved my time with you) shadowed me and also did some one on one sparring to help me get the feel for it.

Overall I had the best time of my life since being in Las Vegas. Seriously. Everyone was wonderful. Frog Legs, you rock. Konradr...you're definitely 5'3. Strider, I see why you were nearly auctioned off to a gay couple...I do. The guys from Utah? Awesome. Even if Dusty did hit me in the throat...nice shot...lol ..and he hit me in the uterus ...that one I'm still walking off....and at the mid point of my rib cage...Nice shots, kid. It hurt. But it was worth it. =P

I cannot wait till Saturday rolls around again. I'm excited. I *loved* being there today. It was so much fun and I'm working on my garb come tomorrow...Weapon wise? Wait till I get paid (hopefully this week) and I'll ask for advice/help and also the places to get it at.....may even just bring it to practice and show up a little early and make Strider help me... =P

Oh and specifically....to Smithy.

Honey, I truly enjoyed having you shadow me and teach me some pointers. It was fun being paired with you and I was really glad I met you as well. BS aside about the marrying for your games...=P

I hope you stay safe out there in Kuwait and that you come home whole. I'm already going to miss you and am saddened that today was the only day I did get to talk to and play with you. Please stay safe and I'll owe you a pack of smokes, a homemade strawberry cheesecake or two, fried chicken and taters, as well as double chocolate fudge cupcakes filled with whip cream. A good home cooked meal basically, a pack of smokes, and ....was it prune juice you'd like put in a bottle, chilled and popped open for you in your wise old age? Heh.

But, nah. Seriously. Y'all were wonderful and I feel at home on the field with the lot of you. Thanks for making my brother and I feel welcome. If anyone knows Smithy and talks to him before he leaves let him know that Alacian said to be safe and that she'll miss him. ^_^

Anyway....off to load pictures in a minute to the forums. Thanks again everyone.
Back to top Go down
Kilanos

Kilanos

PostSubject: Re: First Time At Dagorhir (Aug. 29th '09)   First Time At Dagorhir (Aug. 29th '09) I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 30, 2009 4:28 am

Glad you and your brother had a good time at practice and look forward to seeing both of you again every saturday. As for home cooked meals for shadowing you, I got dibbs on next week and will gladly eat anything you make Very Happy .

On making weapons, we have quite a few people whom have made weapons so find ones you like at practice then ask whomever made it for pointers. I don't think you were there when I made the announcement again this week but that big blue tote I brought is full of pre-cut foam for weapons. If you would like some they are $1 each for a 3 yard strip and you will need probably 2 or 3 for each weapon depending on type and length. All the money collected from the foam will be used to buy more foam once we run out. Any extra money will go to the realm or be used to buy open cell for use as well.

It really makes the effort of getting things together and running practice worth it when we hear comments like yours on this being the best time you have had in Vegas. We really do have some of the best people I have met in our realm which makes it even more fun for everyone.

Finally, if you really enjoyed or didn't care for any of the games we played, let me know. I'm always looking for feedback on what people want more/less of. Also, if you have any ideas for games you think would be fun or would like to try out let me, Konradr, or Oddvar know so we can set it up and see how it goes. We do have a few more games that you didn't get to see, but all in good time.

To Smithy: Best wishes on your deployment, stay safe, and come back to fight with us when you can. We look forward to having you as a permanent part of Barad'Dun.

-Kil
Back to top Go down
Alacian

Alacian

PostSubject: Re: First Time At Dagorhir (Aug. 29th '09)   First Time At Dagorhir (Aug. 29th '09) I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 30, 2009 4:57 am

Kilanos wrote:
Glad you and your brother had a good time at practice and look forward to seeing both of you again every saturday. As for home cooked meals for shadowing you, I got dibbs on next week and will gladly eat anything you make Very Happy .

We'll definitely be there every Saturday. My brother doesn't post on the forums as much as I do. But he said he had a great time and can't wait to play again

As for home cooked meals for shadowing me...I think you're the one that's nearly broke my toe...It hurts like hell and turned a dark purple under the nail because it got mashed...am so fighting barefoot from now on or in my moccasins...can move in those. Heh heh. =P I'll consider cooking for you sometime....*taunts*...Fudge...especially white with little walnut bits.....toffee.....banana bread....gumbo...chili....

Waking up to scrambled eggs, fried taters, bacon/sausage, biscuits, pancakes...sliced strawberries and apple on the side with melted caramel?...*taunt, taunt*......

Kilanos wrote:
On making weapons, we have quite a few people whom have made weapons so find ones you like at practice then ask whomever made it for pointers. I don't think you were there when I made the announcement again this week but that big blue tote I brought is full of pre-cut foam for weapons. If you would like some they are $1 each for a 3 yard strip and you will need probably 2 or 3 for each weapon depending on type and length. All the money collected from the foam will be used to buy more foam once we run out. Any extra money will go to the realm or be used to buy open cell for use as well.

Thus far I really do enjoy the swords that Strider made and brought to practice with him. Romeo's were fun, too. I'm leaning towards a sword and shield. I'll talk more to the lot of y'all when I show up this coming Saturday. Probably bug you on a water break, K.

Kilanos wrote:
It really makes the effort of getting things together and running practice worth it when we hear comments like yours on this being the best time you have had in Vegas. We really do have some of the best people I have met in our realm which makes it even more fun for everyone.

Well it truly was. The lot of y'all were great and very inviting. I also had a wonderful time and I can't wait to come back. This *is* my hobby and what I'll look forward to at the end of every week. Hell, I didn't mind even helping pack stuff up. That reminds me. I'll push out the calling my ride a ways so that I can finish packing and loading everything with y'all before I take off. I did help get it out of the field, and your tarps. But a lot of the weapons and such were still just piled, et cetera. I'm sorry about that. I'd of stayed and continued, but my mom's got breathing problems and I couldn't keep her waiting in that heat for very long. I'll push it out next time.

I think y'all did a terrific job on setting up and welcoming us. I loved every moment.

Kilanos wrote:
Finally, if you really enjoyed or didn't care for any of the games we played, let me know. I'm always looking for feedback on what people want more/less of. Also, if you have any ideas for games you think would be fun or would like to try out let me, Konradr, or Oddvar know so we can set it up and see how it goes. We do have a few more games that you didn't get to see, but all in good time.

I was *extremely* happy with Relic. I thought it was awesome in itself. But so was the Goblin game and that one involving the zombie head. I haven't had so much fun since I was back on the ranch. Y'all really know how to play, too.

I can't wait to see the other games and I'll also start thinking on a few in the meantime to help out.

Kilanos wrote:
To Smithy: Best wishes on your deployment, stay safe, and come back to fight with us when you can. We look forward to having you as a permanent part of Barad'Dun.

-Kil

He better be a permanent part of Barad'Dun. Don't make me have to come to Kuwait and smack someone for blistering your hand. Heh.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: First Time At Dagorhir (Aug. 29th '09)   First Time At Dagorhir (Aug. 29th '09) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

First Time At Dagorhir (Aug. 29th '09)
Page 1 of 1