Barad'Dun The Western Tower
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Barad'Dun The Western Tower

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  WebpageWebpage  Log inLog in  

My single edged sword :D

Go down 
+2
Sarabi
Grek
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Grek

Grek

My single edged sword :D Empty
PostSubject: My single edged sword :D   My single edged sword :D I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 23, 2011 5:42 am

Wanted to show off my new single edged sword! Had a core leftover from a broken weapon and only half of a blade kit left, so I put them together and then boxed it off. It flies through the air faster than anything I've ever felt :3 Barely meets minimum dimensions of 1.25x2.5 so phew!

Blade kits are the best! (buy them from PHOXLY only $5!)

My single edged sword :D Sl370619

My single edged sword :D Sl370620

Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=647767959
Sarabi

Sarabi

PostSubject: Re: My single edged sword :D   My single edged sword :D I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 23, 2011 10:30 am

woah those look nice!
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1336161982
Sylar

Sylar

PostSubject: Re: My single edged sword :D   My single edged sword :D I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 25, 2011 3:08 am

Grek wrote:
Wuzzat? ._.
Back to top Go down
Grek

Grek

PostSubject: Re: My single edged sword :D   My single edged sword :D I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 25, 2011 7:43 am

Sylar wrote:
Grek wrote:
Wuzzat? ._.

It is a single piece of foam that is pre-cut and ready to go. Just glue it onto the core and you're done. They are ultralight and awesome!
Back to top Go down
Sylar

Sylar

PostSubject: Re: My single edged sword :D   My single edged sword :D I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 25, 2011 10:04 pm

So $5 for the kit, and $3 for the core...And you sell that for $20?
Back to top Go down
Demie Zephyra

Demie Zephyra

PostSubject: Re: My single edged sword :D   My single edged sword :D I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 25, 2011 11:15 pm

Three dollars for a core?

No, not for a good one.

Unless you use driveway markers.
Then it's even like six bucks because you have to buy two.

Then there's DAP, which costs 12 bucks for a small can.

Then, duct tape, like three bucks for a roll.

A cover, depending on what you use. Usually a stocking or two comes in a pack that costs 6 or 7 bucks.

Cloth tape is three dollars a roll.

20 bucks for a sword is a fuckin' steal.

Back to top Go down
Demie Zephyra

Demie Zephyra

PostSubject: Re: My single edged sword :D   My single edged sword :D I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 25, 2011 11:16 pm

Oh, and not to mention a cost for labor.

Wouldn't you hate to work without getting payed for it?

:]

Good job, Grek. <3
Back to top Go down
Grek

Grek

PostSubject: Re: My single edged sword :D   My single edged sword :D I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 26, 2011 2:27 am

The swords I make aren't made out of kitespar cores or bladekits.

HUEHUEHUE
Back to top Go down
Sylar

Sylar

PostSubject: Re: My single edged sword :D   My single edged sword :D I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 26, 2011 2:37 am

For some reason I forgot about all the other materials you need for a sword. And I haven't had to suffer through much labor, because I've yet to get DAP. Because of THAT, I've yet to wait hours upon hours before the sword dries. And for the core, yeah, I forgot to account for both fiberglass rods. Donny and I are probably going to end up buying from Grek unless we can make it to a weapon build >.<

Question though, Grek. Do you/could you switch the cover for something different, so it doesn't resemble your other swords so closely? I realized that everyones' swords are different (Anthony's are green, Leon's was grey, etc.) but yours, as most peoples', are black. Would you charge extra, or would you just make us go get our own and replace it ourselves?
Back to top Go down
Tiberius Claudius

PostSubject: Re: My single edged sword :D   My single edged sword :D I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 26, 2011 2:37 am

Lol Demie, way to set him straight.

Isk hosts weapon building sessions up here and $17 will get you your own ~32" sword if you make it yourself that night. Cost is for materials only.

But $3 for a core? What on earth are you guys using?
We get 1/2" round solid fiberglass at 4' lengths for like $1.89 or something like that.....probably less from the local farm supply store.
If you guys want, let me know ahead of time and I'll buy 20 of them or how many ever you want for your Realm. Shit, if its 10 or under I'll gift them to you.

Don't use 3/8" for swords....you need more than one and its a waste.

- TCM
Back to top Go down
Sylar

Sylar

PostSubject: Re: My single edged sword :D   My single edged sword :D I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 26, 2011 2:41 am

Yeah, I got the 3/8" from Home Depot, which are about the same price of your 1/2" cores, and then double them up, which doubles the price. I'm not entirely sure, but I assume everyone else uses the same ones, and doubles them up as well.

EDIT: I'm sure they double them up. I'm not sure if they use the 3/8ths, or if they double up some other thick fiberglass rod.
Back to top Go down
Grek

Grek

PostSubject: Re: My single edged sword :D   My single edged sword :D I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 26, 2011 2:47 am

They will probably be black unless I can find sexy women's stockings in another color!

mmmm black stockings :3
Back to top Go down
Scrios

Scrios

PostSubject: ...   My single edged sword :D I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 26, 2011 2:48 am

When you get your swords done sylar, I can make a few sword covers for you, and you don't have to pay me anything for it either >:p
Back to top Go down
Sylar

Sylar

PostSubject: Re: My single edged sword :D   My single edged sword :D I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 26, 2011 2:58 am

Anthony wrote:
When you get your swords done sylar, I can make a few sword covers for you, and you don't have to pay me anything for it either >:p
That makes me so happy, because the covers are my least favorite part ._.
Back to top Go down
Scrios

Scrios

PostSubject: ..   My single edged sword :D I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 26, 2011 3:01 am

lol there're easy to make when you know what you're doing, but I'll have them done the practice after you give them to me so I can take them home and measure the fabric and everything for them.

edit-

For that one practice though you'll have to use socks or something if you want to use them.
Back to top Go down
Sylar

Sylar

PostSubject: Re: My single edged sword :D   My single edged sword :D I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 26, 2011 3:12 am

Anthony wrote:
For that one practice though you'll have to use socks or something if you want to use them.
We did that this practice :D They didn't pass though. Sad.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My single edged sword :D   My single edged sword :D I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My single edged sword :D
Page 1 of 1