Barad'Dun The Western Tower
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Barad'Dun The Western Tower

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  WebpageWebpage  Log inLog in  

quarterstaff idea

Go down 
+3
Hxctemplar
Kainnith
Darokin Bosma
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Darokin Bosma

Darokin Bosma

quarterstaff idea  Empty
PostSubject: quarterstaff idea    quarterstaff idea  I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 09, 2011 8:26 am

Hey guys I am thinking of making a quarterstaff, but I don't know what materials to use. I know what size core I want to use, but I don't know how to build it. I also don't know if it can be green on both sides, if any. I also would like some tips if you guys could.
Back to top Go down
Kainnith

Kainnith

quarterstaff idea  Empty
PostSubject: Re: quarterstaff idea    quarterstaff idea  I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 09, 2011 9:22 am

I have been told with a quarterstaff it is hard to make a good solid hit on someone. Do it the fact that you can not generate enough force in a swing because of the design rules of a quarterstaff.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/warriorken77
Hxctemplar

Hxctemplar

quarterstaff idea  Empty
PostSubject: Re: quarterstaff idea    quarterstaff idea  I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 09, 2011 9:32 am

4.1.11.6 - No weapon may have a spike or blade at the butt (pommel) end. Note that double-ended weapons (below) may have stabbing points at ends; this is different from a blue sword with a green stabbing spike on the pommel.

4.1.11.8 - Double-ended weapons such as quarter staves are always considered to be blue weapons.

4.2.5 - Double-ended Weapons

4.2.5.1 - Double-ended weapons must not be more than 7 feet long.

4.2.5.2 - Double-ended weapons must have a minimum of 18 inches in length of a cylindrically padded striking surface on each end.

4.2.5.3 - Both ends must pass as green or neither end will pass as green.

In order to make a passing quaterstaff, it must have at least 18 inches of striking surface on both sides. Plus the handle, at least 12 inch (being a min length handle) your total weapon would be 48 inches so at least 4 ft. 1 in. schedualed PVC might be good for that length, however because of flex rules its better safe to get a bandshoppe pole and make it out of that.

Because of the difficulty of skill with the quarter staff, and how awkward and comburson it is, it's usually not a good idea to make one. If anything, you would want a red glaive or sword so that you can break shields and armor with a 4+ft weapon then have a 4+ ft blue that only does blue/green.
Back to top Go down
Darokin Bosma

Darokin Bosma

quarterstaff idea  Empty
PostSubject: Re: quarterstaff idea    quarterstaff idea  I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 09, 2011 9:34 am

Oh ok. well can you send me a link so I can read up on it
Back to top Go down
Darokin Bosma

Darokin Bosma

quarterstaff idea  Empty
PostSubject: Re: quarterstaff idea    quarterstaff idea  I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 09, 2011 9:52 am

Nvm. Just was going to experiment, but I will wait.
Back to top Go down
Phoxly

Phoxly

quarterstaff idea  Empty
PostSubject: Re: quarterstaff idea    quarterstaff idea  I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 09, 2011 3:44 pm

I think I'll just make a quarterstaff everyone can play with, just to deter them from wasting their own materials not doing it right. This way they can also see how the quarterstaff isn't very useful.
Back to top Go down
Scrios

Scrios

quarterstaff idea  Empty
PostSubject: ..   quarterstaff idea  I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 09, 2011 4:54 pm

Yeah quaterstaffs sorta suck cuzz of them not being a red, and even then it would be hard to really be good at one >.>
Back to top Go down
Sylar

Sylar

quarterstaff idea  Empty
PostSubject: Re: quarterstaff idea    quarterstaff idea  I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 09, 2011 7:19 pm

Tooka wrote:
I think I'll just make a quarterstaff everyone can play with, just to deter them from wasting their own materials not doing it right. This way they can also see how the quarterstaff isn't very useful.
Please, please do. I've been wanting to mess around with one, just to see how useful it is for myself. You never know, someone might come along and find the practicality in it that others don't.
Back to top Go down
wolf

wolf

quarterstaff idea  Empty
PostSubject: Re: quarterstaff idea    quarterstaff idea  I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 10, 2011 5:30 am

id like to try one as well to see how it turns out might work on 1 on 1 or small fights
Back to top Go down
Darokin Bosma

Darokin Bosma

quarterstaff idea  Empty
PostSubject: Re: quarterstaff idea    quarterstaff idea  I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 10, 2011 2:10 pm

Ok I will try to build one I just need to know the materials to get and I agree with wolf it might be good in one on one fights or free for all's
Back to top Go down
Phoxly

Phoxly

quarterstaff idea  Empty
PostSubject: Re: quarterstaff idea    quarterstaff idea  I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 10, 2011 5:09 pm

I would build it on bandshoppe, pvc will likely flex out or break. I can't remember why we failed the last 2 quarterstaffs we had out, but I think flex was one of the reasons.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

quarterstaff idea  Empty
PostSubject: Re: quarterstaff idea    quarterstaff idea  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

quarterstaff idea
Page 1 of 1