Barad'Dun The Western Tower
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Barad'Dun The Western Tower

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  WebpageWebpage  Log inLog in  

St George Road Trip, anyone?

Go down 
+8
nightmare92
Aleksander Piotrowski
Alacian
semtater
Strider
Knubbs
barrikaide
konradr
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
konradr

konradr

St George Road Trip, anyone? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: St George Road Trip, anyone?   St George Road Trip, anyone? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 07, 2009 6:58 am

Barad'dun, Isk's wife takes great pictures and we would look good garbed up, but if you don't have garb, can't buy it, can't make it, can't steal it, then at least wear *plain* clothes, basic colors, no logo's, no modern embellishments and no neon colors.

Konradr
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelfire.com/nv/jazzviking/whatisa.html
Aleksander Piotrowski

Aleksander Piotrowski

PostSubject: Re: St George Road Trip, anyone?   St George Road Trip, anyone? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2009 1:46 am

So far it looks like I will be able to go. Also, hopefully I will be selling two monitors so I might be able to get some money for garb (since my attempt at making it failed miserably).
Back to top Go down
Isk

Isk

PostSubject: Re: St George Road Trip, anyone?   St George Road Trip, anyone? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2009 9:33 am

Decent noob garb can be done really cheap if you approach it the right way. Check out some of the ideas on our equipment page. The polo tunic is one of the surprisingly decent looking cheap ideas out there. That said, most of my guys' garb sucks or doesn't exist so this is a good excuse to push them to get ready for Samhain.

From what I understood, the no-garb penalty only kicks in after a month or so as well, so it doesn't penalize complete noobs.

Last edited by Isk on Thu Sep 10, 2009 9:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.antirdearg.com
konradr

konradr

PostSubject: Re: St George Road Trip, anyone?   St George Road Trip, anyone? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2009 5:02 pm

Hey guys and gals, Isk has posted on the Belegarth boards about our visit on the 19th. He is calling it the "red lands throw down". It is a mini-event, no cost, but a small donation for pizza afterwards. I in return have further posted the call on the Dagorhir web forum and on the Fugl Brenna forum.

If you don't have garb, then just wear stuff that doesn't have logo's on it, or nothing at all. Shocked Those of you who have extra garb, bring it so we can allow our members who don't have anything to garb up. Thx.

Konradr
Back to top Go down
Aleksander Piotrowski

Aleksander Piotrowski

PostSubject: Re: St George Road Trip, anyone?   St George Road Trip, anyone? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2009 3:30 am

Question: what time are we getting back?
Back to top Go down
Oddvar

Oddvar

PostSubject: Re: St George Road Trip, anyone?   St George Road Trip, anyone? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2009 5:22 am

After.....
Back to top Go down
konradr

konradr

PostSubject: Re: St George Road Trip, anyone?   St George Road Trip, anyone? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2009 6:18 am

Isk was saying the fighting would start around 10 to 11 ish, and we'd be done around 5 ish. Pizza then? 2 1/2 hour drive back, probably around 7 or 8pm back home. Nothing really set in stone. We're winging it. Only way to fly.

Konradr
Back to top Go down
Strider

Strider

Location : Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: lolololololololololol roflcopterswaswaswa

PostSubject: Re: St George Road Trip, anyone?   St George Road Trip, anyone? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2009 10:06 am

Ok, so I dont have enough patience to read this whole thread right now. So can anyone sum up whats going on this saturday and the game plan and what not?
Back to top Go down
konradr

konradr

PostSubject: Re: St George Road Trip, anyone?   St George Road Trip, anyone? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2009 3:18 pm

Thread getting too long for you Strider. I never would have thought it. Anyhow. Saturday morning of the 19th we all meet at Desert Breeze park at 6:30/45 ish. Leave at 7am after everyone with a car with extra seats takes everyone who's coming and needs a ride, and then we head out for St. George Utah. Arrive around 9 or 10. Fight for about 6 hours (?) pizza, then home.

Are You and your extra seats in? So far the only definate's are Me (with Romeo and possibly two cousins, leaving three seats), Oddvar and Frog legs, taking his truck so we can throw all our gear in it. I believe Knubbs said he's in, he has a car right? Nightmare and Rilith said they could come if someone talks to their parents and they will need a ride.

Anyone else planning on the trip?

Konradr
Back to top Go down
Strider

Strider

Location : Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: lolololololololololol roflcopterswaswaswa

PostSubject: Re: St George Road Trip, anyone?   St George Road Trip, anyone? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2009 11:30 pm

Yeah we can take my car. I can talk to Rilith and Nightmare's parents, since Rilith's parents already know me.
So tomorrow is just normal practice I assume?
Back to top Go down
Oddvar

Oddvar

PostSubject: Re: St George Road Trip, anyone?   St George Road Trip, anyone? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 12, 2009 2:57 am

normal, but it seems that I have work in the morning, and have no idea when I will be there.
Back to top Go down
Strider

Strider

PostSubject: Re: St George Road Trip, anyone?   St George Road Trip, anyone? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 12, 2009 3:02 am

Okay, see you all at noon then
Back to top Go down
Demie Zephyra

Demie Zephyra

PostSubject: Re: St George Road Trip, anyone?   St George Road Trip, anyone? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 13, 2009 3:59 am

Ill definately be coming up to St. George this Saturday.
Unfortunately, my parents insist on driving me.
I can't give any rides. :[

But, I assume this means that Whisper will be coming as well.
Back to top Go down
nightmare92

nightmare92

PostSubject: Re: St George Road Trip, anyone?   St George Road Trip, anyone? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 13, 2009 9:53 pm

hey for the people that need to contact my mom heres her cell 702-292-9194
Back to top Go down
Knubbs

Knubbs

PostSubject: Re: St George Road Trip, anyone?   St George Road Trip, anyone? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 14, 2009 4:12 pm

Im looking to bum a ride up to the practice. Anyone have a spot open.

Going to be trucking light. backpack, 2hander, me. Smile

I can help with some gas money!

Let me know. Thanks
Back to top Go down
konradr

konradr

PostSubject: Re: St George Road Trip, anyone?   St George Road Trip, anyone? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 14, 2009 4:15 pm

Okay, My van is full now with these people going.

Me, Romeo, Matt, Taylor, Knubbs, Nightmare and Alex.

We'll need another car for more people. Strider? Oddvar?

Konradr
Back to top Go down
nightmare92

nightmare92

PostSubject: Re: St George Road Trip, anyone?   St George Road Trip, anyone? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2009 1:45 am

just thought id throw something out there if my mom doesnt answer just leave a message and the best time to call her would be around 5ish in the afternoon so yeah so just thought id let you guys know
Back to top Go down
konradr

konradr

PostSubject: Re: St George Road Trip, anyone?   St George Road Trip, anyone? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 16, 2009 3:28 pm

Ok Nightmare. I work evenings so I asked Oddvar to give her a call tonight. If she wants to reach me she would have to call during the day between 9:30am and 12 noon . The next few days I'll be here and there trying to get things ready.

Alex, Knubbs, and Nightmare post me your address's and directions so I can pick everyone up. We'll rendezvous with anyone else going at Desert Breeze around 7:00. So I'll be starting my pick ups around 6:00 to 6:30. Oddvar can't make it but he will bring the extra gear (shields, and whatever else we want to take) to Desert Breeze and we'll load up on top of the van. Then around 7:15 to 7:30am we'll head for St. George and glory.

It takes about 2 to 2 1/2 hours to get to St. George so I expect us to arrive around 10:00am. Ish has a planned to start fighting between 10 and 11am. We'll learn some new fighting games, make new friends, and have some fun.

Konradr

Last edited by konradr on Sun Feb 21, 2010 5:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Strider

Strider

PostSubject: Re: St George Road Trip, anyone?   St George Road Trip, anyone? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 16, 2009 11:33 pm

Ok, well like many people in the world at the moment. My family is falling on hard times for money....
It would depend how many people were in my car and if people could chip in for money. To get there I'm guessing my car will lose a little over half a tank, and half a tank is about 15$ with the gas prices HERE. So I would say that it would take 30-40$ to get there and back for me. I could probably fill my tank but it would be nice to get some extra monetary support.
Back to top Go down
nightmare92

nightmare92

PostSubject: Re: St George Road Trip, anyone?   St George Road Trip, anyone? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2009 3:57 am

hey heres my address 8644 freeport lane on desert inn and durango the street youll be turning on is called nigul and heres my phone number in case you get lost 702-883-2043
Back to top Go down
Oddvar

Oddvar

PostSubject: Re: St George Road Trip, anyone?   St George Road Trip, anyone? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2009 4:03 am

Nightmare, I called your mother tonight and talked to her. She said that you can come with us and hopes that you have a good time. I see that you posted your number but Konradr works evenings, I will call him in the morning and see if he can pick you up before the park on Sat. or if you need to meet us at the park.
Back to top Go down
Demie Zephyra

Demie Zephyra

PostSubject: Re: St George Road Trip, anyone?   St George Road Trip, anyone? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2009 4:18 am

Urg.
Last minute change of plans.
I can't come on Saturday.
Apparently, I have a physical that morning that my mother for got to tell me that she rescheduled.

I'll just have to come next time.
I'm sorry. =[
Back to top Go down
konradr

konradr

PostSubject: Re: St George Road Trip, anyone?   St George Road Trip, anyone? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2009 6:18 am

I was looking forward to your sister's video and your editing thereof. Ok, next time.

We are still a solid 7. Strider you coming? Haven't heard from you yet?

Thank you Oddvar for calling Nightmare's mom. Wish you were coming too. Don't turn your back on me Saturday morning. I might Sap you over the head and throw ya in the back of the van.

Konradr
Back to top Go down
Oddvar

Oddvar

PostSubject: Re: St George Road Trip, anyone?   St George Road Trip, anyone? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2009 7:08 am

gladly
Back to top Go down
Strider

Strider

PostSubject: Re: St George Road Trip, anyone?   St George Road Trip, anyone? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2009 8:21 am

On page three I made a reply but I guess no one noticed:

Ok, well like many people in the world at the moment. My family is falling on hard times for money....
It would depend how many people were in my car and if people could chip in for money. To get there I'm guessing my car will lose a little over half a tank, and half a tank is about 15$ with the gas prices HERE. So I would say that it would take 30-40$ to get there and back for me. I could probably fill my tank but it would be nice to get some extra monetary support.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: St George Road Trip, anyone?   St George Road Trip, anyone? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

St George Road Trip, anyone?
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next