Barad'Dun The Western Tower
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Barad'Dun The Western Tower

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  WebpageWebpage  Log inLog in  

Online Passes

Go down 
+5
sasquatch
Phoxly
nightmare92
Tiberius Claudius
Sylar
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Sylar

Sylar

Online Passes Empty
PostSubject: Online Passes   Online Passes I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 13, 2011 9:29 pm

This is the real life section, so I'm here to talk about real life. Sorta. Anyways, a ton of new games are starting to come out with multiplayer and singleplayer content that is only accessible to the people who buy the game brand new, or pay an extra ten bucks. I just wanted to know what everyone else thought of this. Is this a step up for the game companies, or a step down for gaming in general?
Back to top Go down
Tiberius Claudius

Online Passes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Online Passes   Online Passes I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 13, 2011 10:30 pm

step down for gaming......its the wave of the future

Pretty much, game companies are going to try to make everything as money sucking and time consuming as World of Warcraft. The goal is to get you hooked so you never stop. The article really nails it on the head.
Back to top Go down
nightmare92

nightmare92

Online Passes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Online Passes   Online Passes I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 13, 2011 10:52 pm

im a hard core gamer, and i see what your saying but all in all when people find out they have to pay extra or buy the game brand new they will just not buy it and the game companies will lose alot of money because i as a gamer dont want to play extra for anything -Nightmare
Back to top Go down
Sylar

Sylar

Online Passes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Online Passes   Online Passes I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 13, 2011 11:16 pm

Tiberius Claudius wrote:
step down for gaming......its the wave of the future.
Love that site. Just sayin`.

Personally, I'm all for it. I don't tend to buy many games used anyways (and if I do, they're not multiplayer). At the same time, think about all of the income the companies are losing because people buy and sell their games. Truth be told, they [the companies] are getting ripped off. And a measly ten bucks per game isn't even close to what they deserve. I'm all for it, as long as they don't make the players that are buying them new suffer (IE, make everything in the DLC, subscriptions, etc.).
Back to top Go down
Phoxly

Phoxly

Online Passes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Online Passes   Online Passes I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 13, 2011 11:31 pm

The gaming industry's been pumping out the same crap for a long time, I kind of stopped playing console games for a while, but on 11/11/11 that all changes >Smile

also.

DEMACIAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!
Back to top Go down
nightmare92

nightmare92

Online Passes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Online Passes   Online Passes I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 13, 2011 11:44 pm

thats sky rim im guessing im never going to see strider after he buys that game Sad -Nightmare
Back to top Go down
Tiberius Claudius

Online Passes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Online Passes   Online Passes I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 13, 2011 11:53 pm

Sylar wrote:
At the same time, think about all of the income the companies are losing because people buy and sell their games. Truth be told, they [the companies] are getting ripped off. And a measly ten bucks per game isn't even close to what they deserve

zomg garage sales should be illegal......think of all the money that companies the world over are losing because people resell shit.

It's to be expected. This is only going to turn into eternal money-sucking just like WoW and other MMO's. You won't be able to do anything unless you pay or subscribe and people will do it. Game companies will always create some 'sniper rifle of ultimate headshots +X" and all the cock bags out there needing their fix to annihilate n00bs and troll games will buy it and buy it. Once enough people complain or buy the expansion then they'll come out with a new one to satisfy the jerkoffs with no life.
Online Passes Southpark-wow-2
Rinse. Repeat.

I miss the glory days of PC gaming in the 90's.
Back to top Go down
sasquatch

sasquatch

Online Passes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Online Passes   Online Passes I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 13, 2011 11:56 pm

lol where did you get my high school picture from?
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/kookiecrazy
Phoxly

Phoxly

Online Passes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Online Passes   Online Passes I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 14, 2011 2:27 am

I just nosed a poptart, thanks Sasquatch.
Back to top Go down
Sylar

Sylar

Online Passes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Online Passes   Online Passes I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 14, 2011 2:34 am

Garage sales are for games that are too old to be sold at a gamestop for more than a buck. Gamestop will buy low and sell high, which is enough to make me not buy from them in the first place. The online passes just mean they have to sell them even cheaper now, if they want to sell used games.
Back to top Go down
Phoxly

Phoxly

Online Passes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Online Passes   Online Passes I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 14, 2011 2:49 am

Yeah screw you gamestop! Who do you think you are giving me a place to sell my unwanted games and then selling them to someone else for a profit! HOW DARE YOU. I expected you to sell them for the same price! If not keep them in a comfy
safe somewhere, we'll call that safe "consumer peace of mind".

Oh wait.
Back to top Go down
Darokin Bosma

Darokin Bosma

Online Passes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Online Passes   Online Passes I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 14, 2011 3:03 am

Lol. Wait aren't the stores of America what give most Americans legal jobs.
Back to top Go down
Molds

Molds

Online Passes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Online Passes   Online Passes I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 14, 2011 3:17 am

Shoot I could NEVER give up gameing I'm a WoW addict and Halo addict and proud XD. (Might go to Blizzcon this year) I'd be more then willing to pay a small fee for an amazing game only if I know its worth it or if they have a free version to try it. As far as new or used I have a cousin who works at a gamestop and is the manager so I can get a pretty good discount on used game so 90% of my games are used. All in all games also teach a little. I mean I learned alot of typeing skills reading skills math skills and hand eye cordination from "wasteing" time as many non gamers say >.>
Back to top Go down
sasquatch

sasquatch

Online Passes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Online Passes   Online Passes I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 14, 2011 3:34 am

lol you're welcome phoxly i do what i can and how dare gamestop be capitalist in a capitalistic society when will they fucking learn i want every dime i paid for this lame ass game back..... and i don't think i have played a comp game in like over a year and i don't play console because i am to broke to care
Back to top Go down
Tiberius Claudius

Online Passes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Online Passes   Online Passes I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 14, 2011 5:24 am

Molds wrote:
Shoot I could NEVER give up gameing I'm a WoW addict and Halo addict and proud XD. (Might go to Blizzcon this year) I'd be more then willing to pay a small fee for an amazing game only if I know its worth it or if they have a free version to try it. As far as new or used I have a cousin who works at a gamestop and is the manager so I can get a pretty good discount on used game so 90% of my games are used. All in all games also teach a little. I mean I learned alot of typeing skills reading skills math skills and hand eye cordination from "wasteing" time as many non gamers say >.>
If this post is the "proud XD" result of education via video game then God help us.

I usually reserve my flaming for the Bel Boards since its a much harsher environment and because I love you guys, but Sylar, you ignint.

If anyone is in favor of feeding Leviathan the endless supply of cash for sporadic hits to satiate their gaming fix deserves the fate they get. Online Passes Mx_056Matrix

You've no idea the power of Grayskull......err, I mean free use of games. Back in the 90's we used to hold weekend-long LAN parties. We'd eat pizza, stay up for 48-72 hours at a time, make "illegal" copies of games for private use, crack the CD codes, and play epic games of Star Craft/BW, Command and Conquer, Total Annihilation, Age of Empires, Empire Earth, Counter Strike, Half Life, Quake, and Populous: The Beginning just to name the few I can remember. Shit lasted for days on end, fueled by caffeine, pizza, jokes, file sharing, nerd movies, and the occasional nap.

This can never and will never happen again if game companies are allowed to farm us for gold like kidnapped Chinese child slave laborers. This is the epitome of the free market, free use, and innovation. Why support them destroying that because of the rationed sugar pills they'll feed you when you hit the lever?
Back to top Go down
sasquatch

sasquatch

Online Passes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Online Passes   Online Passes I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 14, 2011 5:34 am

get that baby outta the matrix
Back to top Go down
Molds

Molds

Online Passes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Online Passes   Online Passes I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 14, 2011 12:39 pm

Starcraft and Diablo was epic...
Back to top Go down
sasquatch

sasquatch

Online Passes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Online Passes   Online Passes I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 14, 2011 3:32 pm

yeah no doubt about that
Back to top Go down
kraiken

kraiken

Online Passes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Online Passes   Online Passes I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 14, 2011 9:48 pm

League was good for about 6 months, now its the definition of SHIT!
Back to top Go down
Phoxly

Phoxly

Online Passes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Online Passes   Online Passes I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 14, 2011 11:51 pm

kraiken wrote:
League was good for about 6 months, now its the definition of SHIT!

Dominion bro.
Back to top Go down
Hirgon

Hirgon

Online Passes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Online Passes   Online Passes I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 15, 2011 12:06 am

While were talkin bout games whos gettin battlefield 3 for the Ps3
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001597470989
Molds

Molds

Online Passes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Online Passes   Online Passes I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 15, 2011 6:04 am

PS 3 blows. Getting it for my xbox though forsure. Along with Skyrim of course.
Back to top Go down
kraiken

kraiken

Online Passes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Online Passes   Online Passes I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 15, 2011 6:08 am

true true, but i havent seen it as a gamechanger yet,

Dominion bro.[/quote]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Online Passes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Online Passes   Online Passes I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Online Passes
Page 1 of 1