Barad'Dun The Western Tower
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Barad'Dun The Western Tower

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  WebpageWebpage  Log inLog in  

Does anyone remember the rules to Fool's Ball?

Go down 
+4
Izmiranna Peregrine
Tiberius Claudius
Phoxly
Acrid the Fool
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Acrid the Fool

Acrid the Fool

Does anyone remember the rules to Fool's Ball? Empty
PostSubject: Does anyone remember the rules to Fool's Ball?   Does anyone remember the rules to Fool's Ball? I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 20, 2011 11:52 pm

as title says. it was a game played at the Vegas' Fool's Raid like 2 years ago. i heard it was hilariously fun. why not play it again, yah?
Back to top Go down
Phoxly

Phoxly

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone remember the rules to Fool's Ball?   Does anyone remember the rules to Fool's Ball? I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 21, 2011 12:04 am

Maybe every practice we can wind down with a new game idea that someone wants to do/try instead of valhalla? Very Happy I liked Fool's Ball. I can barely remember the rules though. I remember the goalies, the shieldmen, the single blue guys, and I think you had a 5 second resurection on the spot if you died.
Back to top Go down
Tiberius Claudius

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone remember the rules to Fool's Ball?   Does anyone remember the rules to Fool's Ball? I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 21, 2011 12:29 am

I don't remember playing this game
Back to top Go down
Izmiranna Peregrine

Izmiranna Peregrine

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone remember the rules to Fool's Ball?   Does anyone remember the rules to Fool's Ball? I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 21, 2011 12:40 am

Contacted the coordinator for Fool's Raid about the game.
Quote :
Hello,

My name is Izmiranna Peregrine from Barad'Dun (Las Vegas Dag group). I am hoping that you may be able to help me out.

It's seems a couple years ago, when Fool's Raid first came to Vegas, there was a game played called Fool's Ball (I believe). Is there any way to get a copy of the rule for that game?

A lot of our members enjoyed the game so much, but none can remember all the rules.

Any help or input on this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
Izmiranna Peregrine
-Barad"Dun Herald and Protector
-War Wolf Skirmisher

I will let you know when I get a reply.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001046867423
Scrios

Scrios

PostSubject: ..   Does anyone remember the rules to Fool's Ball? I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 21, 2011 1:12 am

Yeah playing a different game other than valhalla would be fun. We almost always play it around 4pm but that's cuzz some people are leaving are wanna take a break from fighting for a while lol
Back to top Go down
Phoxly

Phoxly

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone remember the rules to Fool's Ball?   Does anyone remember the rules to Fool's Ball? I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 21, 2011 1:29 am

Oh jeez Izzy LOL. Shocked

I guess we should fill you in that Barad'Dun is the one who made up the game, with the Forsaken, and others in attendance. No one wrote down the rules really, we just made it up on the spot.

A little kid's ball (fairly large) came on the field, no one claimed it, and Taco/Mordock/Caretaker/Alacian/Nash/Dash/EVERONE started kicking it around, hitting it with swords, and in a matter of an hour we came up with a game similar to soccer with swords.

5 people are single blue
3 are shieldmen.
1 goalie.

The 5 people on your team that are single blue are there to score on the enemy team, and defend against the enemy team. The shieldmen cannot die, they are there to bash/hit/knudge/push the ball around. They are like linemen. There was a point between two cones that you had to get it between.

It was literally a fool's game, we just started hitting the ball around, trying to find a way to incorporate it into a game. Eventually we just made soccer, but with swords and stuff.

I think there were rules like you can't initiate combat on the enemy team's side (there are cones along the center). We play tested it for a day or so and added rules as we went.
Back to top Go down
Demie Zephyra

Demie Zephyra

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone remember the rules to Fool's Ball?   Does anyone remember the rules to Fool's Ball? I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 21, 2011 6:26 am

I remember each team having their side of the field. And you couldn't kill shieldmen unless they crossed the middle line.

If someone from the opposite team crossed onto your side of he field, you could kill them.

Back to top Go down
Phoxly

Phoxly

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone remember the rules to Fool's Ball?   Does anyone remember the rules to Fool's Ball? I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 21, 2011 4:08 pm

OH and you resurrect at one of the corners of the field.
Back to top Go down
Izmiranna Peregrine

Izmiranna Peregrine

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone remember the rules to Fool's Ball?   Does anyone remember the rules to Fool's Ball? I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 21, 2011 6:27 pm

Just in case you didn't know; the coordinator for Fool's Raid is a Bel/Dag/Ampt game fanatic. When he sees a game being played that he has never seen before and enjoys, he tends to write the rules down as he understands them, for later use.

Just fyi...
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001046867423
barrikaide

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone remember the rules to Fool's Ball?   Does anyone remember the rules to Fool's Ball? I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 21, 2011 6:42 pm

I left before they started the game. All i heard was hitting a ball with my foam weapon and i was like SEE YA!

Tibby it was played on the Sunday.
Back to top Go down
Tiberius Claudius

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone remember the rules to Fool's Ball?   Does anyone remember the rules to Fool's Ball? I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 21, 2011 10:21 pm

Barrikaide wrote:
I left before they started the game. All i heard was hitting a ball with my foam weapon and i was like SEE YA!

Tibby it was played on the Sunday.

That'd be why. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
caretaker

caretaker

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone remember the rules to Fool's Ball?   Does anyone remember the rules to Fool's Ball? I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 21, 2011 11:34 pm

It was actually a lot of fun!
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=home#/thomasalesterayers?re
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone remember the rules to Fool's Ball?   Does anyone remember the rules to Fool's Ball? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Does anyone remember the rules to Fool's Ball?
Page 1 of 1