Barad'Dun The Western Tower
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Barad'Dun The Western Tower

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  WebpageWebpage  Log inLog in  

KT feedback.

Go down 
+14
Ymir
Prysm Stormfallen
Scrios
Demie Zephyra
Hollister
Reverend
Knubbs
barrikaide
Anita-Uriel
konradr
Tiberius Claudius
Taco
Phoxly
Acrid the Fool
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Phoxly

Phoxly

KT feedback. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: KT feedback.   KT feedback. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 10, 2011 5:32 pm

No one's saying that it shouldn't be one person running each area, but if those who are in charge of these areas do not delegate tasks and seek out volunteers (not the week before the event *facepalm*) then they are going to fail. I volunteered for weapons check, heralding/pictures, and did some grilling for about an hour with Claire. Most of this was on the spot volunteering.

Many people tried to give input and help out, but those in charge of each specific area were not available for input. Thus the break in organization and communication. Lots of people were willing to help and volunteer, but they lacked a venue to go through with it and help out pre-event.

It essentially became people like Demie Zephyra saying "Do we even have tokens? No? Okay lets get them done then." and taking initiative to tackle that. Izzy saying "Do we have a schedule? No? Okay what games do we want to play there?" There were a lot of things overlooked until just 2-3 weeks before the event, and thanks to those who stepped up, the event went smoothly (just not smoothly for the volunteers who did pick up the slack pre-event and onsite and ran their hearts and minds out).

One person can certainly be at the head of each area, but that doesn't mean that person should be exempt from suggestions from other people who have more experience with events. (Izzy, Convel, and Taco for example) In the end they need to make sure everyone what's going on, so that when we get onsite at the event everyone is on the same page and knows what they should be doing and how they can help out.
Back to top Go down
Knubbs

Knubbs

PostSubject: Re: KT feedback.   KT feedback. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 10, 2011 6:23 pm

Okay guys.... this is sort of degenerating a little.

The volunteer aspect is understood please move away from this. Communication wasn't good for the event and everything sort of changed last minute at the event. I take responsibility for all of that as EC. For the whole herp of derp that went down lets focus on the main thing.

THE VAST MAJORITY OF PEOPLE REALLY ENJOYED THE EVENT.

Only a few people had complaints and they have been noted.

Please stop bickering. I dont want this to explode because this is a public forum. Relax. Things will be changing and the event is already getting changed around for planning to rely on more people.

So any other feedback that is constructive?

Last edited by Knubbs on Thu Nov 10, 2011 6:27 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Changed degrading to degenerating)
Back to top Go down
Scrios

Scrios

PostSubject: ..   KT feedback. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 10, 2011 6:33 pm

For next year's event, everyone should be clear about what's going to happen with things. Such as the feast, weapons check, heralding ect. The people who were incharge of these areas didn't let people know about everything until about 2-3 weeks before the event and everyone in the realm should know a head of time instead of just these people that are incharge of these areas. I know they did a good job at these things but when were planning something together as an event let everyone know a head of time and not just 2-3 weeks at the event so when they do need help other people can plan things a head of time and know how things are going to work out and our realm as a whole will be able to run the event better next year.
Back to top Go down
Demie Zephyra

Demie Zephyra

PostSubject: Re: KT feedback.   KT feedback. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 10, 2011 6:34 pm

I feel like it came down to just a couple of things.

1. Plan earlier. Make a checklist so we don't miss anything.

2. Designate a team to plan the event. One person for feast. One person for safety. One person for wristbands and tokens. One for games etc. Rather than having one or two people overwhelmed with being in charge of everything. It'd probably work smoother as well, so you have a couple people who can cover for someone who cannot be there.

3. Make sure we get the most detailed weather report we can. Haha. I was not ready to sleep in 31 degree weather. xD

4. And finally, even if the rest of the realm is not involved in decision making, we should still be aware of what is happening. People asked me questions that I couldn't answer about our event. I didn't even know important details about our event for myself.
Back to top Go down
Phoxly

Phoxly

PostSubject: Re: KT feedback.   KT feedback. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 10, 2011 6:37 pm

Fried Chicken for King's Tourney 2012? Or something equally easy to acquire from a nearby store or restaurant?
Back to top Go down
Demie Zephyra

Demie Zephyra

PostSubject: Re: KT feedback.   KT feedback. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 10, 2011 6:39 pm

Or perhaps just something that would be easier to make one HUGE batch of, rather than like, eight smaller batches.
That way, nothing gets cold. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Knubbs

Knubbs

PostSubject: Re: KT feedback.   KT feedback. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 10, 2011 6:42 pm

Feast will be the one topic i do not look forward too. But it will happen. We will try and get the spot around feb next year to reserve it and I believe planning should start shortly after.
Back to top Go down
Demie Zephyra

Demie Zephyra

PostSubject: Re: KT feedback.   KT feedback. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 10, 2011 7:13 pm

....I think we should get a megaphone. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Strider

Strider

Location : Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: lolololololololololol roflcopterswaswaswa

PostSubject: Re: KT feedback.   KT feedback. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 10, 2011 11:31 pm

We just need to start thinking simple and effective. Pleasing the crowd! We put too much work in and we will screw something up eventually. This doesn't have to be a big deal if we all work together and stay in contact with each other. Setting up a specific board for this would be a good idea.
Back to top Go down
Hollister

Hollister

PostSubject: Re: KT feedback.   KT feedback. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 11, 2011 4:04 am

Alacian wrote:
... I hate to disagree with you but in historical Renaissance times the King is always seated first and then his immediate family, such as his Queen, i.e. Marlene.

When was Marlene crowned?
Back to top Go down
Phoxly

Phoxly

PostSubject: Re: KT feedback.   KT feedback. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 11, 2011 5:20 am

Heretic doesn't need a realm to tell him who his queen is, or need a ceremony to say so. Just his swag. Smile
Back to top Go down
Hollister

Hollister

PostSubject: Re: KT feedback.   KT feedback. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 11, 2011 6:17 am

Tooka wrote:
Heretic doesn't need a realm to tell him who his queen is, or need a ceremony to say so. Just his swag. Smile

I agree, and far be it for me to tell a another man who his queen is. However, as long as it is clear that she is neither my queen, nor the Queen of Barad'dun, that is fine.

The Title of Queen is an office - in some realms the king & queen aren't even a couple in RL. As such it carries it's own set of duties, obligations, and requirements for respect.
Back to top Go down
Phoxly

Phoxly

PostSubject: Re: KT feedback.   KT feedback. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 11, 2011 6:29 am

Which realms?

Formalities like "Queen" are not really governed the way you think it is in our sport. We are less tradition, more "what works". If Marlene came out to practices even in Heretic's absences and supported the realm, I'd consider her the Queen of the realm, and the one to act in his name when he is absent. That is all most "queens" in our game are. The realm Shannara is run this way, with Karion and Moonstone as the "queen" of sorts.

I'm pumped that Marlene and Heretic will be coming out more, and if Heretic can't, I hope she can. Smile
Back to top Go down
Hollister

Hollister

PostSubject: Re: KT feedback.   KT feedback. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 11, 2011 6:52 am

I apologize for my abrupt rudeness. This is not the proper forum or time for this discussion.
Back to top Go down
barrikaide

PostSubject: Re: KT feedback.   KT feedback. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 11, 2011 7:09 am

wow hollister hahs
Back to top Go down
Ymir

Ymir

PostSubject: Re: KT feedback.   KT feedback. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 11, 2011 3:43 pm

Hollister, i love you, but that was rude. there is no rule in your realm about how a queen gains or has power. a queen is queen because the king says she is. this is a "game."

i appreciate everything everyone has done for me, but in my opinion, you guys have a giant crack in the middle of your realm. Surt would not except that comment at all Hollister. and he wouldn't want all you all to be angry with Heretic.

i love you all.....but you need to sort this stuff out and soon. other wise there wont be a next years kings tournament.

you don't have to listen to me since I'm 2500 miles away. but i feel i know pretty well how my brother would react to this, it wouldn't be pretty.
Back to top Go down
Phoxly

Phoxly

PostSubject: Re: KT feedback.   KT feedback. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 11, 2011 4:28 pm

Thank you Ymir, it's the kind of crack that can only be fixed with a few good practices of hitting eachother with foam, and all our leadership coming out to get people together. It was great fighting with you this past weekend. I think King's Tourney is just the start of our realm growing together and I'm glad you were able to be here for that.
Back to top Go down
barrikaide

PostSubject: Re: KT feedback.   KT feedback. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 11, 2011 4:34 pm

i dont know shannin that well but she was Surt's Queen and as such at the time my Queen or our Queen however you want to say it.
Back to top Go down
Ymir

Ymir

PostSubject: Re: KT feedback.   KT feedback. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 11, 2011 4:51 pm

Barrikaide wrote:
i dont know shannin that well but she was Surt's Queen and as such at the time my Queen or our Queen however you want to say it.

well said
Back to top Go down
konradr

konradr

PostSubject: Re: KT feedback.   KT feedback. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 11, 2011 4:56 pm

I agree that the title 'Queen' is an honorific and should be given to whomever the Adunakhor/king is dating/cohabitating or married too. This does not give them any more say in realm leadership than the rest of us. They are a member of the realm if they choose to be. by all means give them the title Queen. It is not a worthy point of argument. I would bow to the Queen, I would offer the queen my seat, or not, but if she said "Do this because I am the queen". I would tell her to kiss my hairy.... well, you get the point. Now if she said "Could you do this or that, for me?" Then that is asking a favor of one person from another, and that is different. Or if she is relaying a wish of the Adunakhor's, that is another thing as well, to accept would depend on how happy I am with the Adunakhor/king.

Back to top Go down
http://www.angelfire.com/nv/jazzviking/whatisa.html
Taco

Taco

PostSubject: Re: KT feedback.   KT feedback. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 11, 2011 9:32 pm

Had a lot of fun at the event, I have fought harder there then any event i have been to in the last 2 years, and there was alot of great people that came out, I head a lot of people say feast was good and bad but hey whatever,we can fix it up for next year, wish we played more open field games but its the first time for the event so we can work it out. I'm glad you came out Ymir, wish i could have sparred with you but maybe next time we meet. But overall It was a lot of fun and i look foreword to next year and hope more people come.

AND THANKS TO EVERYONE WHO SET IT UP AND KEPT THINGS RUNNING!!
kubbs
prism
and everyone who volunteer thanks guys.

and smithy for all the work before the event.

KaKoW!!!! afro
Back to top Go down
Grek

Grek

PostSubject: Re: KT feedback.   KT feedback. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 11, 2011 10:13 pm

What Tibby said!

Overall I had an amazing time, from the drinking and partying to the fighting Smile) I learned a lot and the open field unit battles were my favorite. The feast was amazing (I had three plates huehue). Really good honor, really good fighters :3

Also, while tourneys are fun, I think we should have more open field/bridge battle things going on. Large scale, respawn battles provide the most fun at events because everyone is constantly fighting Smile
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=647767959
konradr

konradr

PostSubject: Re: KT feedback.   KT feedback. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 12, 2011 6:05 pm

Hmmmm, did I miss something? Or I we still waiting on Rev's insightful views on King's tourney and what we did wrong and what we did right, etc???

Back to top Go down
http://www.angelfire.com/nv/jazzviking/whatisa.html
Phoxly

Phoxly

PostSubject: Re: KT feedback.   KT feedback. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 12, 2011 6:19 pm

I think we've probably covered everything at this point... multiple times. Though it would be nice to hear from him, he was one of the head heralds and did a great job at it. Kinda makes me want to herald more like that. Literally grabbing and pulling people out of the fight if they linger there too long after dying in games like Outpost 7. Rock on man.
Back to top Go down
Reverend

PostSubject: Re: KT feedback.   KT feedback. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 19, 2011 11:35 pm

I was working on it and then my laptop died with all my notes. Had to format and it slipped my mind.

I'll think back to it tonight when I get home from work.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: KT feedback.   KT feedback. - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

KT feedback.
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Barad'Dun The Western Tower :: Chapter News-
Jump to: