Barad'Dun The Western Tower
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Barad'Dun The Western Tower

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  WebpageWebpage  Log inLog in  

My first set of garb

Go down 
+4
Strider
Surt
semtater
Alacian
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Alacian

Alacian

My first set of garb Empty
PostSubject: My first set of garb   My first set of garb I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 07, 2009 5:16 pm

I was told our colors are red, khaki and black. Is that true? Then..would it be poor form to go with that for my minimal set...like say...a set of black pants, red gloves, and khaki tunic?

Or no? Opinions anyone?
Back to top Go down
semtater

semtater

PostSubject: Re: My first set of garb   My first set of garb I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2009 1:47 am

I don't think it'd that bad. Keeping to the colors is good, but I'm thinking that's mostly for events.

I have a red and black robe that I started today, and I should have it done on Thursday. But for practice garb I wouldn't care what color they are, I just really like black and red anyway. Lol.

But I've got a more specialized battle robe that's in the planning stages that is dark green and navy blue. But it's all up to your preference.
Back to top Go down
Surt

Surt

PostSubject: Re: My first set of garb   My first set of garb I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2009 2:29 am

whos colors?
Back to top Go down
https://baraddun.forumotion.net
Strider

Strider

Location : Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: lolololololololololol roflcopterswaswaswa

PostSubject: Re: My first set of garb   My first set of garb I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2009 2:58 am

Yeah I heard red, black, and khaki are our colors as well. I got black and khaki stuff lol. Guess it's time to make a red outfit.
Back to top Go down
Alacian

Alacian

PostSubject: Re: My first set of garb   My first set of garb I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2009 4:36 am

Surt wrote:
whos colors?

Our Chapter colors for Barad'Dun.

Strider -

Thanks. Just checking before it's made.
Back to top Go down
Surt

Surt

PostSubject: Re: My first set of garb   My first set of garb I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2009 5:14 am

when and who decided that?
Back to top Go down
Alacian

Alacian

PostSubject: Re: My first set of garb   My first set of garb I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2009 5:36 am

Surt wrote:
when and who decided that?

Hell if I know. It's what I've been told by Knubbs, Strider and whoever else since I've been here. I think Knubbs said it's because we're 'desert people'. I'm just trying to order my first set of garb with Dan, and wanted to know the colors.
Back to top Go down
K'urn

K'urn

PostSubject: Re: My first set of garb   My first set of garb I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2009 10:18 pm

Those are just the colors of the sashes that we came up with. As far as I'm aware the only actual color that we have is the dress uniform.

K-
Back to top Go down
Strider

Strider

Location : Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: lolololololololololol roflcopterswaswaswa

PostSubject: Re: My first set of garb   My first set of garb I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2009 11:25 pm

Well, I already had a black and khaki-ish outfit, and red is my favorite color. Eh.
Back to top Go down
Alacian

Alacian

PostSubject: Re: My first set of garb   My first set of garb I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2009 11:55 pm

Strider wrote:
Well, I already had a black and khaki-ish outfit, and red is my favorite color. Eh.

Red is my favorite, too. Best color under the rainbow. >_>
Back to top Go down
Knubbs

Knubbs

PostSubject: Re: My first set of garb   My first set of garb I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2009 12:54 am

I was told some basic colors and i went with it.

I based the colors i was going to pick based off a couple factors.

1 - we live in a desert. Lighter colors are better and usually allow a forgiveness for medieval wear in the heat (color: Khaki, light browns, tan)
2 - Our descendants and our "families" were sailors so i intergrated a blue color.
3 - All the other colors i talked about were on the ranks insignia and also thoughts and ideas I had brought up to Surt before.

Being as that we havent finalized anything through surt dont finish off your color schemes quite yet.

Sorry if i mislead anyone.
Back to top Go down
konradr

konradr

PostSubject: Re: My first set of garb   My first set of garb I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2009 6:29 am

Yeah, I was thinking khaki or brown from the Sashes, and even the background of the banner. Gold, the tower should be golden, red from the star beneath the tower as well as the mercenary star, and black because, well, its black. (my personal colors are black, silver and red)

We were about to make some loaner tabards/surcoats out of khaki and paint red mercenary stars on them.

I was also thinking of buying some khaki or tan cloth and painting a golden tower over a red star as a temporary realm banner to take to St. George on the 19th.

Konradr
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelfire.com/nv/jazzviking/whatisa.html
Surt

Surt

PostSubject: Re: My first set of garb   My first set of garb I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2009 4:01 pm

loaner tabards are a great idea.
Back to top Go down
konradr

konradr

PostSubject: Re: My first set of garb   My first set of garb I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2009 4:30 pm

We, Kilanos, Oddvar and I, were all set to combine our talents on them, and I think money issues got in the way again. But the idea is still on the back burner. We were going to start with like 4 sets, Tabards and belts. Each would take about 2 yards of cloth, some hemming, a cardboard stencil of the mercenary star and some paint. Oddvar was going to buy the cloth, Kilanos was going to do the hemming and I was going to do the paint job. Oh, donations for old belts would have worked to. Soon to come, soon to come.

Konradr
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelfire.com/nv/jazzviking/whatisa.html
K'urn

K'urn

PostSubject: Re: My first set of garb   My first set of garb I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2009 1:06 pm

As for old belts, check the thrift stores or use rope.

K-
Back to top Go down
Oddvar

Oddvar

PostSubject: Re: My first set of garb   My first set of garb I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2009 5:26 am

Money issues have taken their toll again. Sorry guys, still trying.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My first set of garb   My first set of garb I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My first set of garb
Page 1 of 1