Barad'Dun The Western Tower
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Barad'Dun The Western Tower

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  WebpageWebpage  Log inLog in  

I just wanted to throw this out there because of the voting

Go down 
+2
Phoxly
Anita-Uriel
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Anita-Uriel

Anita-Uriel

I just wanted to throw this out there because of the voting Empty
PostSubject: I just wanted to throw this out there because of the voting   I just wanted to throw this out there because of the voting I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 5:11 am

Hey everyone, I just wanted to say a couple things about the current voting that we will be doing this next Saturday (hopefully).

I assume many will either shoot down what I say, not agree, or just ignore it completely but I want to give my piece about the two candidates going for king. (proper name for this position I cant spell nor really say lol)

I think before people start voting between the two candidates just because their friends with said candidates or think their cool or whatever; please don't make this a popularity contest. The person who should be king should be someone who can draw people in joining the group, so someone who is NICE, WELCOMING, and NOT HARD TO APPROACH. I don't know about everyone else but if I'm afraid or intimidated by the main leader of a group I probably wouldn't approach anyone because of who they voted as their leader.

The king should be someone who is nice overall, but isn't willing to be walked all over. Someone who helps out the weakest in the group but can also put the highest ego-ed person in their place and do what is best for the entire group not just one section or a select few people. They need to be both hard and soft, strict but laid back; a personality that has a little bit of everything so they can bring order and organization among the different groups. they have to be able to talk peacefully with anyone and make peace among everyone.

Now, I know I have not been participating in the politics in the group, really getting to know EVERYONE in the entire guild and such; but I know when I see a good king. Smithy is a great person, he and Prysm has been there for me for the entire time Taimer and I have been getting to really be part of our group. Smithy is so easy to talk to especially if there's a problem with someone else that I'm too intimidated or willing to talk to; he's helped me out and helped me feel like I really am a member here (along with others of course). But the point is, from what I have seen Smithy do while I've been here and the stories Ive heard; I don't see a contest (from MY point of view).

This probably isn't politically correct, and I'm sorry but I just need someone to hear me by thinking about why they are voting for who they plan on voting for. REALLY THINK ABOUT IT. Don't make it a popularity contest, DONT do it because you personally gain something from it or because the person is a bad ass in fighting. Do it because it will make us a better guild, do it so we can be a happier group of friends, not just fellow fighters.

I AM NOT SAYING DON'T VOTE FOR BARRIKADE (sp?). I don't personally know him, I have my deals but I am not deeming myself any power whats so ever saying that he may or may not be a good king, I just felt the need to make sure my slight insecurities of the voting be heard; and hope people really think about who their voting for. I hope people really hear me and don't try to see this as an attack, I really am trying to not make enemies among those I think are my friends.

Good luck to both candidates, I hope whoever becomes king does a great job to make us an even better guild. Sorry for taking too much of peoples time.

- Jingles Smile

ps please no hate mail T_T
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=2269733265626&a
Phoxly

Phoxly

PostSubject: Re: I just wanted to throw this out there because of the voting   I just wanted to throw this out there because of the voting I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 6:48 am

If you really think one person is more popular than the other, maybe you should look at why that person is more popular? Or perhaps why the other person isn't as popular? Popularity is defined as:

Noun:
The state or condition of being liked, admired, or supported by many people.

We elect to find the person who is most admired, and supported by many people based on the views and ideals they have said they want to enforce. We look for qualities and traits in those nominated and we listen to what they have to say. I've listened to both candidates and believe both SAY they can do some good for the realm, but the way I see it; our current administration has failed to uphold their duties, and this is why we are having the election.

I fully expect the populace of the realm to elect the ones they feel will support the people, and have admirable traits, so yeah I guess I expect the realm to pick the one who is popular to them.

Barrikaide has made a point to talk to different groups of people in the past 3 weeks, I'm sorry you haven't been around to get to talk to him on a personal level and understand the direction he wants to take the realm.

Thanks for voicing your "insecurities" lol. Regardless of who gets king, they are simply one of many who will help shape and form this group over the next two years.

Back to top Go down
Anita-Uriel

Anita-Uriel

PostSubject: Re: I just wanted to throw this out there because of the voting   I just wanted to throw this out there because of the voting I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 6:54 am

I only missed one practice and he hasn't talked to me or taimer >_>, so he hasn't talked to either one of us, not sure why but whatever. Popularity for being a good fighter and popularity for being a good overall leader is two different things. I just wanted to make sure everyone knew the difference was all ^_^;
Back to top Go down
Phoxly

Phoxly

PostSubject: Re: I just wanted to throw this out there because of the voting   I just wanted to throw this out there because of the voting I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 6:58 am

I think the majority of the realm is mature enough to know the difference. Smile Thanks for voicing your concerns.
Back to top Go down
caretaker

caretaker

PostSubject: Re: I just wanted to throw this out there because of the voting   I just wanted to throw this out there because of the voting I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 24, 2012 11:49 pm

People are going to vote for whoever they want to vote for regardless of what anyone says:D People by now have already made their decisions. Both are capable of being a good king and i wish them luck.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=home#/thomasalesterayers?re
K'urn

K'urn

PostSubject: Re: I just wanted to throw this out there because of the voting   I just wanted to throw this out there because of the voting I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 25, 2012 3:23 am

Quote :
Regardless of who gets king, they are simply one of many who will help shape and form this group over the next two years.

The next year. Whoever wins this election will have to run again before Kings Tourney this year....every even numbered year.

K-
Back to top Go down
Phoxly

Phoxly

PostSubject: Re: I just wanted to throw this out there because of the voting   I just wanted to throw this out there because of the voting I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 25, 2012 6:12 am

So they get to rule the realm for... 9-10 months? Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
K'urn

K'urn

PostSubject: Re: I just wanted to throw this out there because of the voting   I just wanted to throw this out there because of the voting I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2012 11:57 pm

Yep. This vote is being treated as if the council voted for an emergency election.

K-
Back to top Go down
Anita-Uriel

Anita-Uriel

PostSubject: Re: I just wanted to throw this out there because of the voting   I just wanted to throw this out there because of the voting I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2012 12:12 am

K'urn wrote:
Yep. This vote is being treated as if the council voted for an emergency election.

K-

why?
Back to top Go down
Phoxly

Phoxly

PostSubject: Re: I just wanted to throw this out there because of the voting   I just wanted to throw this out there because of the voting I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2012 12:40 am

Why not have this vote count as this year's election? Or change the verbiage to read:

Elections will be held every other year after the previous election. Where the "emergency election" is our previous election. Since we are electing entirely new officials.

I feel like this is something we should also vote on and talk about as a realm Saturday.
Back to top Go down
Phoxly

Phoxly

PostSubject: Re: I just wanted to throw this out there because of the voting   I just wanted to throw this out there because of the voting I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2012 1:02 am

How about every "odd numbered" year?
Back to top Go down
K'urn

K'urn

PostSubject: Re: I just wanted to throw this out there because of the voting   I just wanted to throw this out there because of the voting I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2012 2:17 am

Why change it?

K-
Back to top Go down
Sarabi

Sarabi

PostSubject: Re: I just wanted to throw this out there because of the voting   I just wanted to throw this out there because of the voting I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2012 7:22 am

it's 2012 isn't that an even year??... or am i missing something...
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1336161982
barrikaide

PostSubject: Re: I just wanted to throw this out there because of the voting   I just wanted to throw this out there because of the voting I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2012 9:24 am

Jingles = the reason this vote is happening is because there have been many issues and lack of leadership for the past 8-10months. So Kurn one of our founders came up with these articles to help us get things going. Heretic unfortunately got stuck working on Saturdays and has not been active until he recently got a new job, and Knubbs and Smithy have not been the most active nor the most helpful of the realm. So its been long over due for some changes.

Phoxly = I believe this might be a good thing that its only like 8months. It kind of gives or forces whoever is voted in as King a short period of time to show they have the stuff. If they do a good job they stay for another 2 if they dont do a good job then they are out after 8 months. On the other hand Smithy or I do kind of get short end of the stick and dont get to spend the full 2 years making our dreams come to fruition. Maybe i am torn hehe maybe it should be odd year who knows.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I just wanted to throw this out there because of the voting   I just wanted to throw this out there because of the voting I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I just wanted to throw this out there because of the voting
Page 1 of 1