Barad'Dun The Western Tower
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Barad'Dun The Western Tower

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  WebpageWebpage  Log inLog in  

A new game idea...

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
konradr

konradr

A new game idea... Empty
PostSubject: A new game idea...   A new game idea... I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2009 6:58 am

I've been toying with this in my head its called:

KINGDOM WARS.

1. Draw up a map of a mythical land. Give it 4 kingdoms spread evenly. The kingdom's main provence should be on the four corners of the map. In between would be, say three provences for each kingdom for a total of say 16 provence. Each provence has a symbol on the map. The symbol is what type of 'battle' must be fought if a battle is fought in that provence. Example the symbol of a bridge would mean a bridge battle, etc. The final provence, the home provence of the kingdom would have a crown symbol and that would mean a "kill the king" battle.

2. Divide your players into 4 groups, you can choose a king and have them pick their players or count off and then elect a king. Roll dice, draw cards, whatever to decide turn sequence, first through the fourth. The King's choose their kingdom on the map by this sequence. The map is placed on a table and each kingdom has 16 chips of their own color. Four are placed on their starting provence's.

3. Starting play. You can keep the same turn sequence thoughout the game or after the fourth team's turn you can reroll dice or draw cards, paper, rock , scissors or what have you for a new turn sequence each time. The first kingdom's turn, the king decides if he wants to invade any provence adjacent to one of his own, or pass. When a provence is invaded the two kingdom's take the field and fight whatever type of battle is designated for that provence. If the invading kingdom wins, they place a chip on the provence on the map and remove the old kingdom's chip.

If a Kingdom's home provence is invaded, the battle must be a "kill the king" type game. Its a rez game as long as the king is alive. If the invading army kills the king but looses the battle, the kingdom survives and the king Rez's. If the invading army wins the battle, it takes over that kingdom with a chip. The defeated kingdom's players are then auctioned off in a "slave auction". The surviving kIngs take picks, with the winning King choosing first and the other's following by turn sequence until all the players have been picked to other Kingdoms.

4. This continues until one Kingdom rules all.

What do you guys think? I've been working on a map.

Konradr
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelfire.com/nv/jazzviking/whatisa.html
Aleksander Piotrowski

Aleksander Piotrowski

A new game idea... Empty
PostSubject: Re: A new game idea...   A new game idea... I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2009 9:57 am

I think it could work, but does that fall under dagorhir? I know there are other larp groups that do this kind of thing, but they take the roleplaying much more seriously. Depending on the map size, this could take a very long time. Of course, if the map is small (5x5 or less) then maybe it can eat up only 1 or 2 practices, but I'm not sure if that much commitment to a game like that would be found. This would require a lot more structure and commitment than the current style of practice.

My main worry about this is that there would be more at stake in practices. There might be some hard feelings brought on if one team is doing poorly, or one member of a team did poorly in a pivotal battle. I don't want to see hard feeling brought on by a game. I don't want to see divisions being brought into the currently tight knit group due to people being on different factions.I'll be honest, usually when I get into games such as this were I have to work with other people, I can get way too much into the game and get easily upset.

Documentary on another larping group that has a very similar structure to this game idea.

Yes, this idea would add depth to the game, but could change the idea of dagorhir a lot. If everyone agrees to starting this, then there really is no issue. I think it would change much about current practices though, and new elements might be added so one team can gain an advantage (politics, economy, etc.)

but, if we incorporate this into some sort of squad training drill, where each faction has a set team and we let the game run passively (at each practice we do 2-3 round of the game), then maybe it could work without changing the feel of dagorhir too much. But then there comes into question an issue of balance, where one team might steamroll the other teams. It can work, but I'm not certain it can work in our situation.

Maybe I'm looking into this idea too much. Well, there's my two cents.
Back to top Go down

A new game idea...
Page 1 of 1