Barad'Dun The Western Tower
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Barad'Dun The Western Tower

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  WebpageWebpage  Log inLog in  

So, I'm giving a speech about Dagorhir.

Go down 
+3
konradr
Alacian
Demie Zephyra
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Demie Zephyra

Demie Zephyra

So, I'm giving a speech about Dagorhir. Empty
PostSubject: So, I'm giving a speech about Dagorhir.   So, I'm giving a speech about Dagorhir. I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2009 12:20 am

I'm giving a speech about Dagorhir for my public speaking class tomorrow.

I'm nervous.

Wish me luck!
Back to top Go down
Alacian

Alacian

PostSubject: Re: So, I'm giving a speech about Dagorhir.   So, I'm giving a speech about Dagorhir. I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2009 4:56 am

Best of luck, sweetheart!
Back to top Go down
Demie Zephyra

Demie Zephyra

PostSubject: Re: So, I'm giving a speech about Dagorhir.   So, I'm giving a speech about Dagorhir. I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2009 5:15 am

Thank you!
Back to top Go down
konradr

konradr

PostSubject: Re: So, I'm giving a speech about Dagorhir.   So, I'm giving a speech about Dagorhir. I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2009 6:29 am

Many, many (too many) moons ago, my roommate's sister's boyfriend (don't all stories start out like that?) was giving a speech or doing an oral essay or something at his class in UNLV. It was on the subject of urban violence and this was back in, ummmm, 1983. Visual graphics can impress an audience, so he had me, his girlfriend's brother and another friend dress up like thugs and hide outside the class. I think we had toy guns. At the right sentence we pulled on masks and bursts into the room, shooting, screaming and then ran out the back. He never broke stride with his essay. The class screamed and then laughed when they realized it was an act, a demonstration. I believe he got an A.

You should have given the guys notice. Maybe some of our Dagorhirim could have charged into the room in garb and beat the crap out of eachother or out of your teacher or something. Did I mention that you should always carry a flail in your car? Because you never know when a foam flail might come in handy.

Good luck on your speech. Throw in some visual aids and do some recruiting while your up there in front of the future of America.

Konradr
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelfire.com/nv/jazzviking/whatisa.html
Demie Zephyra

Demie Zephyra

PostSubject: Re: So, I'm giving a speech about Dagorhir.   So, I'm giving a speech about Dagorhir. I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2009 6:53 am

That sounds amazing. I wish I could have seen it.

You know, it would have been a wonderful idea to ask some of you guys to come in and kill me as I was speaking or something.

Unfortunately, my professor very blatantly stated "No visual aids."

I'm pretty sure that something like that would be a visual aide.
:[
Stupid rules.
Back to top Go down
Kilanos

Kilanos

PostSubject: Re: So, I'm giving a speech about Dagorhir.   So, I'm giving a speech about Dagorhir. I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2009 4:14 pm

So how did the speech go?

-Kil
Back to top Go down
Demie Zephyra

Demie Zephyra

PostSubject: Re: So, I'm giving a speech about Dagorhir.   So, I'm giving a speech about Dagorhir. I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2009 1:45 am

It went perfectly!

According to Professor Berry, I "had the energy of the Hoover Dam during a flood."

I even got some kids asking where to sign up.

I hope I did Dagorhir justice.
Back to top Go down
Strider

Strider

Location : Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: lolololololololololol roflcopterswaswaswa

PostSubject: Re: So, I'm giving a speech about Dagorhir.   So, I'm giving a speech about Dagorhir. I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2009 5:10 am

Even one person asking about it is a success. Good job.
Back to top Go down
Kilanos

Kilanos

PostSubject: Re: So, I'm giving a speech about Dagorhir.   So, I'm giving a speech about Dagorhir. I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2009 5:30 am

First off congrats on the great job. It always makes learning better when you can apply real life interests to what you are learning. As for people asking to sign up that is amazing and I hope they do show up for practice as we would love to have them out with us. I'm also glad we could inspire you enough to do such a wonderful job in discussing what we do and I know I, as well as the others, love having you and your sister come out to fight with us (I just wish Templar could make it more often). I am honored that you chose to use us to fulfill your assignment and that the results came out so well. Thanks for getting the good Dagorhir word out to your classmates. Once again, congrats!

-Kil
Back to top Go down
Demie Zephyra

Demie Zephyra

PostSubject: Re: So, I'm giving a speech about Dagorhir.   So, I'm giving a speech about Dagorhir. I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2009 6:01 am

Thank you. =]

And don't worry.
Templar will be coming out much more often, considering he now has Saturdays off.
Back to top Go down
Hxctemplar

Hxctemplar

PostSubject: Re: So, I'm giving a speech about Dagorhir.   So, I'm giving a speech about Dagorhir. I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2009 6:07 am

Kilanos wrote:
(I just wish Templar could make it more often

-Kil

Bawwwww you guys! xD who knew I was missed? I'v only been to a few so I thought I was ''That guy who is a really easy target''. I feel loved here guys ;~; you're like my family away from my family....err....ya xD makes sense to me when i say it lol

Ya like Demi says, I have Saturdays free now at my new job. I'm gonna make it a habit to always be there like 20 minutes early lol. Unless I have to make up a Psychology class, which is 9 - 12 30. That'll be once in November so don't' worry guys I'm gonna be coming more often Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Aleksander Piotrowski

Aleksander Piotrowski

PostSubject: Re: So, I'm giving a speech about Dagorhir.   So, I'm giving a speech about Dagorhir. I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2009 6:08 am

So, I'm giving a speech about Dagorhir. Banana-Sticker-002
Back to top Go down
Hxctemplar

Hxctemplar

PostSubject: Re: So, I'm giving a speech about Dagorhir.   So, I'm giving a speech about Dagorhir. I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2009 6:10 am

Oh wow xD Banana stickers for the win.

Guys....you know that game we played a couple weeks ago, the caravan/bandit one? How about instead of putting foam or whatev in the duffle bag....but fill it to the brim with Banana stickers!!

lol just joking :p
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So, I'm giving a speech about Dagorhir.   So, I'm giving a speech about Dagorhir. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

So, I'm giving a speech about Dagorhir.
Page 1 of 1