Barad'Dun The Western Tower
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Barad'Dun The Western Tower

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  WebpageWebpage  Log inLog in  

May 2013 Healing Poem Contest

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Hxctemplar

Hxctemplar

May 2013 Healing Poem Contest Empty
PostSubject: May 2013 Healing Poem Contest   May 2013 Healing Poem Contest I_icon_minitimeThu May 02, 2013 3:12 am

ATTENTION FIGHTERS/NON-COMS OF BARAD'DUN!

Since April's Weapon's build contest is officially over (graciously judged/created by Grek), I shall announce a new contest. From May 1st to May 31st, everyone in the realm is welcome to write their own healing poem! Now Stoneheart, why should I write a fancy healing poem if we don't even do healing at practice? Well that's what I'm going to change!

The contest is simple. It must follow the rules of the MoA regarding healing poems. It will be judged by myself (Any entry I submit will not count towards the contest and I cannot win, so that means Templar can't cheat!) and be based on 3 criteria.

Healing poem rules

6.10.4 - A Poem of Healing must then be recited or read aloud. The minimum length of a poem of healing is 180 syllables and must be approved at event check-in.

1. Theme

Your poem must have a basic theme. Maybe about your race, your birth story (village raided by a gang of elves? Were you some kind of chosen one? Was your head 4x the size of your body when you were born?), your unit, or anything else that is PERIOD to Dagorhir.

2. Creativity

Is your poem a wonderful sonnet of knowledge? Is it how you were swindled by a familiar golden shadow? Or is it how you can belch the alphabet? The more original/creative the poem is, the more points it can receive.

3. Format

Grammer must be appropriate. Spelling, commas, and etc. The lack of repetition will also grant a high score. ''I'm healing you!!!'' 45 times will receive a low score while ''Hail Father, Hail Father, Hail Father!'' 3 times will have a high score. Is your poem 180 syllables, or is it 160 when you're not speaking in orc tongue?

Each criteria will be rated out of 5 points, 15 points for a total score. The poem with the most points wins.

1st place will received a piece of wood, with their poem burned into it and their symbol/unit symbol. Everyone else will have a valid legal healing poem they can use on the field!

Good luck future Minstrels!

Picture of the prized wood!

May 2013 Healing Poem Contest 666602

Last edited by Hxctemplar on Thu May 02, 2013 3:19 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Hxctemplar

Hxctemplar

May 2013 Healing Poem Contest Empty
PostSubject: Re: May 2013 Healing Poem Contest   May 2013 Healing Poem Contest I_icon_minitimeThu May 02, 2013 3:14 am

PLEASE USE THIS THREAD FOR ENTRIES ONLY! ANY QUESTIONS/ADVICE REGARDING THE CONTEST CAN BE USED ON THE FACEBOOK GROUP POST.

Example poem

[ The Wind passed the Lonely Mountain bare,
And swept above the dragon's lair:
There black and dark lay boulders stark,
And flying smoke was in the air.

It left the world and took its flight
Over the wide seas of the night.
The moon set sale upon the gale,
And stars were fanned to leaping light.

Under the Mountain dark and tall,
The King has come unto his hall!
His foe is dead, the Worm of Dread,
And ever so his foes shall fall!

The sword is sharp, the spear is long,
The arrow swift, the Gate is strong.
The heart is bold that looks on gold;
The dwarves no more shall suffer wrong.

The mountain throne once more is freed!
O! Wandering folk, the summons heed!
Come haste! Come haste! Across the waste!
The king of friend and kin has need.

Come haste! Come haste! Across the waste!
The king of friend and kin has need. ]
Back to top Go down

May 2013 Healing Poem Contest
Page 1 of 1