Barad'Dun The Western Tower
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Barad'Dun The Western Tower

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  WebpageWebpage  Log inLog in  

Practice Saturday, September 26th (12 noon)

Go down 
+5
Strider
Alacian
konradr
semtater
Kilanos
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Kilanos

Kilanos

Practice Saturday, September 26th (12 noon) Empty
PostSubject: Practice Saturday, September 26th (12 noon)   Practice Saturday, September 26th (12 noon) I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2009 4:16 pm

We will be practicing at our usual location in Desert Breeze Park at 12 noon.

Please bring drinks or ice chests if you are able to. If not other members usually have enough to share.

For any new members joining us, the practice location is off the corner of Durango and Twain on the Southwest corner of the park. If you turn in off of twain you will see a parking lot on your left with a children's playground behind it. We are usually able to get one of the gazebos off the playground.

See you on the field of battle

-Kil
Back to top Go down
semtater

semtater

PostSubject: Re: Practice Saturday, September 26th (12 noon)   Practice Saturday, September 26th (12 noon) I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2009 6:41 pm

Is there anyone who wants to show up early to start sparring? I won't be able to stay as long this weekend because I have business downtown. But going early would be fun for those who usually want to play longer.
Back to top Go down
konradr

konradr

PostSubject: Re: Practice Saturday, September 26th (12 noon)   Practice Saturday, September 26th (12 noon) I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2009 7:03 pm

I'll see if I can drag my tired old butt there early Semtater, along with my son, and his three cousin's tired young butts. I have all the loaner gear so it would behoove me (did I spell that right?) to show up early.

Konradr
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelfire.com/nv/jazzviking/whatisa.html
semtater

semtater

PostSubject: Re: Practice Saturday, September 26th (12 noon)   Practice Saturday, September 26th (12 noon) I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2009 7:54 pm

Thanks Konradr. You make an excellent realm leader. And anyone else that wants to show up can join us. What time do you want to be there Konradr?
Back to top Go down
Alacian

Alacian

PostSubject: Re: Practice Saturday, September 26th (12 noon)   Practice Saturday, September 26th (12 noon) I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2009 10:16 pm

Sem - I'm not that far away and it depends on what time you want to show up whether I can come 'early'. Also if Konrad comes since he has loaner. I only own a stabby right now. I'll walk if I have to, but mom shouldn't have any complaints. I need stress relief this weekend anyway. =P

Konrad - You spelled it right. Good work you capacious minded man!

Kilanos - Thanks for posting. I know you're busy. Hope to see you at practice.

- A
Back to top Go down
Strider

Strider

Location : Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: lolololololololololol roflcopterswaswaswa

PostSubject: Re: Practice Saturday, September 26th (12 noon)   Practice Saturday, September 26th (12 noon) I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2009 12:48 am

Yeah.... I'll show up >_>
Back to top Go down
Aleksander Piotrowski

Aleksander Piotrowski

PostSubject: Re: Practice Saturday, September 26th (12 noon)   Practice Saturday, September 26th (12 noon) I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2009 3:19 am

I'll show up, but I cannot get there early. Hell, I would still be late if it started on the regular time.

I'll show up 12:30-1:00
Back to top Go down
Oddvar

Oddvar

PostSubject: Re: Practice Saturday, September 26th (12 noon)   Practice Saturday, September 26th (12 noon) I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2009 3:58 am

I have not had a day off since we all played last. I worked all weekend this last week and I am not sure if I will have to work again this weekend. I will make it if I can and will post again as we get closer. I will make it early if I can make it at all. Have a good week everyone and talk more later.
Back to top Go down
Strider

Strider

Location : Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: lolololololololololol roflcopterswaswaswa

PostSubject: Re: Practice Saturday, September 26th (12 noon)   Practice Saturday, September 26th (12 noon) I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2009 5:09 am

Alex, I could pick you up if you need it. You're right down the street....
Back to top Go down
Kilanos

Kilanos

PostSubject: Re: Practice Saturday, September 26th (12 noon)   Practice Saturday, September 26th (12 noon) I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2009 5:19 am

alacian said:
Quote :
Kilanos - Thanks for posting. I know you're busy. Hope to see you at practice.
I went to work for the first time in 3 weeks today but thanks for thinking the best of me *hugs*. I've just been lazy...

I will be there saturday and am looking forward to fighting!

As for getting there early, that all depends on getting my butt out of bed. We will see.

-Kil
Back to top Go down
Aleksander Piotrowski

Aleksander Piotrowski

PostSubject: Re: Practice Saturday, September 26th (12 noon)   Practice Saturday, September 26th (12 noon) I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2009 5:57 am

Strider wrote:
Alex, I could pick you up if you need it. You're right down the street....
Yeah, but I have fencing that finishes at noon. That's the main reason why I'm always late to practice.

Thanks for the offer.
Back to top Go down
Demie Zephyra

Demie Zephyra

PostSubject: Re: Practice Saturday, September 26th (12 noon)   Practice Saturday, September 26th (12 noon) I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2009 6:08 am

Whisper and I should be able to come early.

And I think that this week, I'll stay behind the camera.
Need some footage.

Templar should be there as well.
Back to top Go down
konradr

konradr

PostSubject: Re: Practice Saturday, September 26th (12 noon)   Practice Saturday, September 26th (12 noon) I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2009 6:30 am

I could probably try for 10:00am Semtater. Would that be ok for you? Or maybe 11 would be more doable.

Konradr
Back to top Go down
konradr

konradr

PostSubject: Re: Practice Saturday, September 26th (12 noon)   Practice Saturday, September 26th (12 noon) I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2009 6:43 pm

I've been in contact with Surt and this Saturday I want to pass on some information from him.

Also anyone interested in going to Ogden Utah for the Samhain event, let me know and I will pass on Isk's phone number so you can coordinate with him. Maybe you can drive to St. George and then car pool with his guys.

I was thinking of running practice this saturday in this manner:

1. Warm up sparring, free for all and a few ditch battles.

2. Training Session: Shield Kicks 101. I'm going to download Magnus training video on shield kicks and bring my laptop so we can all watch it. Then we'll form into two lines and have two guys with large shields as targets. The rest will share a blue and shield and each will take turns practicing various shield kicks on the two targets. Once everyone has had the drills will try some ditch battles and put them into practice.

3. Games: Thermopylae, Capture the flag, bridge battle, Goblin horde, running Caravan, Warlord II.

4. Endurance: Either Valhalla or Power.

5. Warm down with some dagger pit fights, Dagger wrestling, individual sparring.

6. BS time and pack up.

Any objections?

Konradr
Back to top Go down
Alacian

Alacian

PostSubject: Re: Practice Saturday, September 26th (12 noon)   Practice Saturday, September 26th (12 noon) I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2009 7:16 pm

Kilanos - Don't worry about it. I know how lazy days go and when you need a break. I still think the best of you and I can't wait to see you at practice. You owe me a bear hug. =P *hugs*

Konrad -

Sounds like a good plan for Saturday. I'm up for it. Tell me about what time you're getting to the park this Saturday and we'll be there at that time. I know Kilanos usually winds up being there a little later than you, but if you're showing up early, I'll help you and your boys set up as well as drag my brother along. I think it's you and Oddvar that usually brings ice chests. I still don't have one, but do you want an extra bag of ice? I always bring my own water frozen in my jug. =P So, I'm set. But I'll grab you an extra bag of ice for when Strider starts tossing more bottles in, too if you need it since it was all melty by the end of the day last time.

God that was some bad grammar and sentence structure...eh. Long day already. But, yes, we'll be there. Just let me know what time *you* will be there approximately and I will show up. I've got a ride and if I didn't, I'm within a twenty minute walking distant if I had to walk. I *will* be there.

Oddvar - If you have to work, I hope it goes well at least. Hug the wife and kids for me, hun. Best of luck and hope you make it.
Back to top Go down
semtater

semtater

PostSubject: Re: Practice Saturday, September 26th (12 noon)   Practice Saturday, September 26th (12 noon) I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2009 7:22 pm

10:00 works for me. Now I just need the discipline to go to bed before 4:00 in the morning before the event. Razz I've done that for the last two practices I've been to. Hope to see ya'll there.

So anyone that wants to show up at ten, it looks like Konradr will be there with the loaner weapons at that time.
Back to top Go down
Alacian

Alacian

PostSubject: Re: Practice Saturday, September 26th (12 noon)   Practice Saturday, September 26th (12 noon) I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2009 7:26 pm

semtater wrote:
10:00 works for me. Now I just need the discipline to go to bed before 4:00 in the morning before the event. Razz I've done that for the last two practices I've been to. Hope to see ya'll there.

So anyone that wants to show up at ten, it looks like Konradr will be there with the loaner weapons at that time.

You've got two. My brother and I = Hat thief (me) and The Poker (my brother). =P
Back to top Go down
Aleksander Piotrowski

Aleksander Piotrowski

PostSubject: Re: Practice Saturday, September 26th (12 noon)   Practice Saturday, September 26th (12 noon) I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2009 10:51 pm

semtater wrote:
I've been doing that for the last 3 weeks during school nights.
Back to top Go down
Oddvar

Oddvar

PostSubject: Re: Practice Saturday, September 26th (12 noon)   Practice Saturday, September 26th (12 noon) I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2009 12:59 am

Sounds good Konradr.......... I might make it and I might even have new garb before Saturday cheers . Not sure if I am working yet. I still have that huge piece of foam for shields. We need to get together to distribute it.
Back to top Go down
konradr

konradr

PostSubject: Re: Practice Saturday, September 26th (12 noon)   Practice Saturday, September 26th (12 noon) I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2009 6:37 am

Romeo and Taylor have bought cloth to make clothes. They are going to start with baggy pirate type pants. Romeo's will be black with purple stripes and Taylor's will be white with purple stripes. (Why not purple with black stripes?) Anyways, while buying their cloth for them, I decided to chip in my last bit of allowance money and buy some green broadcloth and a strip of trim so I can make a T-tunic with a fancy neckline.

Konradr
Back to top Go down
konradr

konradr

PostSubject: Re: Practice Saturday, September 26th (12 noon)   Practice Saturday, September 26th (12 noon) I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2009 6:47 am

Ok Semtater, I will do my best to get there by 10 or 10 ish. Very Happy Remind me Saturday to have you Sign a Dagorhir waiver. I know you're bel and belong to An Tir Dearg. I'm not trying to recruit you into Dagorhir or the realm, but as long as you are going to fight with us on a regular basis, I think you should have a waiver filed with us. Ok.

By the way, unless Surt tells me otherwise, I believe Barad'dun recognizes dual citizenship. pirat

Konradr
Back to top Go down
Oddvar

Oddvar

PostSubject: Re: Practice Saturday, September 26th (12 noon)   Practice Saturday, September 26th (12 noon) I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2009 7:05 am

Can I get citizenship for each of my personalities?
Back to top Go down
konradr

konradr

PostSubject: Re: Practice Saturday, September 26th (12 noon)   Practice Saturday, September 26th (12 noon) I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2009 3:08 pm

Sure if we have enough paper. But only one can join the Royal Army and that is Oddvar the Terrible (brother of Hagar).

Konradr
Back to top Go down
semtater

semtater

PostSubject: Re: Practice Saturday, September 26th (12 noon)   Practice Saturday, September 26th (12 noon) I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2009 6:35 pm

Alright Konradr. The funny thing is that I don't even have a waiver signed for Bel. I need to get a new waiver. I joined last spring, but never got my waiver signed. I went inactive and when I came back nobody questioned me. Sorry about that Isk. Next time I see you I need a waiver.
Back to top Go down
Oddvar

Oddvar

PostSubject: Re: Practice Saturday, September 26th (12 noon)   Practice Saturday, September 26th (12 noon) I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 25, 2009 1:46 am

I like that. Oddvar the Terrible. Woot............... Look out children, you better eat all of your vegetables or Oddvar the Terrible will get you in your sleep. muwahaha Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Practice Saturday, September 26th (12 noon)   Practice Saturday, September 26th (12 noon) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Practice Saturday, September 26th (12 noon)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next