Barad'Dun The Western Tower
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Barad'Dun The Western Tower

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  WebpageWebpage  Log inLog in  

I'll make garb for you.

Go down 
+5
Knubbs
Alacian
konradr
Oddvar
Demie Zephyra
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Demie Zephyra

Demie Zephyra

I'll make garb for you. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'll make garb for you.   I'll make garb for you. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 3:37 am

The tunic is actually pretty much finished.
I just need to have you try it on to see if I need to take it in more or anything.
That, and if you wanted triming or a belt attached to it.
Back to top Go down
konradr

konradr

PostSubject: Re: I'll make garb for you.   I'll make garb for you. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 07, 2009 5:32 pm

Demie, I bought 3 yards of brown cotton/poly cloth from Wally world today. I'll give it to you on Saturday to make the rank sashes. I'll make up some mock sizes for the sashes and we can show them to surt to see which he prefer's then just make as many as you can so we can get them embroidered. Thanks.

Kornadr
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelfire.com/nv/jazzviking/whatisa.html
Demie Zephyra

Demie Zephyra

PostSubject: Re: I'll make garb for you.   I'll make garb for you. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 08, 2009 1:53 am

Cool. No problem.

I actually have like, four classes off next week so I'll have tons of time to do them. =]
Back to top Go down
Phoxly

Phoxly

PostSubject: Re: I'll make garb for you.   I'll make garb for you. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 08, 2009 4:00 am

Demie Zephyra wrote:
Cool. No problem.

I actually have like, four classes off next week so I'll have tons of time to do them. =]

How much would it cost for those pants I mentioned? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Alacian

Alacian

PostSubject: Re: I'll make garb for you.   I'll make garb for you. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 08, 2009 2:22 pm

*shakes Demie* Find your tape measure and tell me how many yards for my brothers tunic, how many for my shirt and what all I need for that belt. *shakes you more* I want my garb, too. lol
Back to top Go down
Phoxly

Phoxly

PostSubject: Re: I'll make garb for you.   I'll make garb for you. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 08, 2009 6:59 pm

Alacian wrote:
*shakes Demie* Find your tape measure and tell me how many yards for my brothers tunic, how many for my shirt and what all I need for that belt. *shakes you more* I want my garb, too. lol

-steals Demie away- Nuuu don't shake teh Crafts lady, bribes work so much better.
Back to top Go down
Demie Zephyra

Demie Zephyra

PostSubject: Re: I'll make garb for you.   I'll make garb for you. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 09, 2009 3:40 am

Baaaah.
Sorry about that delay, Alacian.
I had no time to search my car.
I had midterms, a speech, and Domestic and Sexual Violence Awareness stuff to do.

Lets see. For your pants, I'd say about two or two and a half yards.
For your tunic, I'd say one to one and a half.
And that's adding quite a bit extra. >.>

For your brother, I would say
Two yards for pants
and one to one and a half yards.

Y'all are thin.

And as for you, Phoxly,
if you bring me material when you get here,
I'll make your panst for free.
Back to top Go down
Alacian

Alacian

PostSubject: Re: I'll make garb for you.   I'll make garb for you. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 09, 2009 4:41 am

What about for the wrap shirt, Demie? How many yards?

Also. You had something wrong on the bust. I'm not 26.5. I'm 36.5. If you needed to know that...like at all.
Back to top Go down
Demie Zephyra

Demie Zephyra

PostSubject: Re: I'll make garb for you.   I'll make garb for you. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 09, 2009 4:56 am

Ah. Must've been a typo. Sorry.

It says 36.5 on my notepad. =o

And for the wrap shirt, I'd say two to allow for overlap and sleeves, if you need them.
Back to top Go down
Alacian

Alacian

PostSubject: Re: I'll make garb for you.   I'll make garb for you. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 09, 2009 5:28 am

Got it. No worries. Thank you. I'll need sleeves if I get it.
Back to top Go down
Alacian

Alacian

PostSubject: Re: I'll make garb for you.   I'll make garb for you. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 12, 2009 6:00 pm

Do you have an email address? Need to write to you. *is a lazy bastard about calling*
Back to top Go down
Demie Zephyra

Demie Zephyra

PostSubject: Re: I'll make garb for you.   I'll make garb for you. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 13, 2009 2:50 am

Back to top Go down
Alacian

Alacian

PostSubject: Re: I'll make garb for you.   I'll make garb for you. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 13, 2009 6:13 pm

How many yards would my brother and I need for a cloak with a deep hood (why did I add deep, ah well)?

I'll pm you later to show you what I'm getting and you can tell me if it's bad. lol
Back to top Go down
Demie Zephyra

Demie Zephyra

PostSubject: Re: I'll make garb for you.   I'll make garb for you. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 13, 2009 8:17 pm

Uh, I'd suggest about three yards.
Back to top Go down
Phoxly

Phoxly

PostSubject: Re: I'll make garb for you.   I'll make garb for you. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 19, 2009 6:17 pm

How much fabric would I need for a pair of Hakamas? Our local Halloween shop has a TON of cool fabric on sale for making your own costumes, including some really cool black and red dragon/celtic style fabric. Its not really thick, its more like a sheet, but I can get double amounts if you need.

Also I can't just get the fabric and let you do it for free Demie, I'll pay you like 10$ on top of it k? The fabric is cheap, but I'm not gonna let you work for free, ;D

I'll make garb for you. - Page 2 HakamaI'll make garb for you. - Page 2 Hakama
Back to top Go down
edgar dernhelm

edgar dernhelm

PostSubject: Re: I'll make garb for you.   I'll make garb for you. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 19, 2009 6:48 pm

lol awesome guess there will be 2 samurai clad guys in the group once i get the money for my materials Smile
Back to top Go down
Alacian

Alacian

PostSubject: Re: I'll make garb for you.   I'll make garb for you. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 19, 2009 8:15 pm

Phoxly wrote:
How much fabric would I need for a pair of Hakamas? Our local Halloween shop has a TON of cool fabric on sale for making your own costumes, including some really cool black and red dragon/celtic style fabric. Its not really thick, its more like a sheet, but I can get double amounts if you need.

Also I can't just get the fabric and let you do it for free Demie, I'll pay you like 10$ on top of it k? The fabric is cheap, but I'm not gonna let you work for free, ;D

I'll make garb for you. - Page 2 HakamaI'll make garb for you. - Page 2 Hakama

Casey - After seeing your ferret vid, and also gauging your height since you're way tall but don't have long legs...I'd say grab like four yards just to be on the safe side. Hell, I'm 5'6, but I've got legs up to Avalon and back. I only needed three yards.
Back to top Go down
Demie Zephyra

Demie Zephyra

PostSubject: Re: I'll make garb for you.   I'll make garb for you. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 19, 2009 9:21 pm

Mmm.
I'd agree with Alacian.
About four yards for a pair.
To make sure there's enough for the pleats as well as the tie.
And if there's any extra fabric, you can probably make something cool with it. =]

And no, you will not pay me. x]
No one is allowed to pay me.
Back to top Go down
edgar dernhelm

edgar dernhelm

PostSubject: Re: I'll make garb for you.   I'll make garb for you. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 19, 2009 9:26 pm

hmm ok so im a big guy think my pants i wear now are between 50 and 56 or somethin so how much would i need for those ?????so i can write it down Razz like an extra yard or more ????

Last edited by edgar dernhelm on Mon Oct 19, 2009 9:27 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : typos)
Back to top Go down
Demie Zephyra

Demie Zephyra

PostSubject: Re: I'll make garb for you.   I'll make garb for you. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 19, 2009 9:35 pm

Mmm.
Lemme see.

You're really tall too. x]
Okay. So.

I'd say five yards to be safe.
To make sure it's long enough.
And pleating takes up quite a bit of width.

And like I told Phoxly, if there's extra, you can make something cool out of it. =3
Back to top Go down
edgar dernhelm

edgar dernhelm

PostSubject: Re: I'll make garb for you.   I'll make garb for you. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 19, 2009 11:01 pm

think id buy six just for the extra in that case cause i want a top to Razz and what kinda fabric would you sugjest i want it to last for a long time without bein to hot. though i do go to pratice in jeans and im useualy fine so i can deal with heavyer mats so the not to hot thing dont realy mater Smile

Last edited by edgar dernhelm on Mon Oct 19, 2009 11:03 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typos)
Back to top Go down
Phoxly

Phoxly

PostSubject: Re: I'll make garb for you.   I'll make garb for you. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 21, 2009 2:35 am

Demie I will find a way to pay you lol, you might not even know I paid you til its too late muahaha. -puts 10$ in gas in your vehicle- if you have one lol.

OR! I could make you a weapon, love. Out of some leftover foam? ;D
Back to top Go down
Demie Zephyra

Demie Zephyra

PostSubject: Re: I'll make garb for you.   I'll make garb for you. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 21, 2009 3:30 am

Mmm.
The best thing I'd suggest is to go to a store and see what feels good to ou, honestly.

I'd keep it relatively light though. Luckily, you can wear other pants underneath a hakama.
Cottons work well.

For a hakama, the only things I'd avoid really are:

Flannel, denim, tweed, satin, silk, and courderoy.

I'm probably missing some.

But, you get the idea.

And Phoxly, what if I bring materials and you help me make a weapon? :3
Back to top Go down
edgar dernhelm

edgar dernhelm

PostSubject: Re: I'll make garb for you.   I'll make garb for you. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 21, 2009 3:33 am

kool kool ty Smile
Back to top Go down
Phoxly

Phoxly

PostSubject: Re: I'll make garb for you.   I'll make garb for you. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 21, 2009 6:59 pm

XD sounds good ;D we could meet up at a weapons build day or something =D what kind of weapons do you like? I learned how to make a super light blue or red sword last practice, was pretty fun.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I'll make garb for you.   I'll make garb for you. - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I'll make garb for you.
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next