Barad'Dun The Western Tower
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Barad'Dun The Western Tower

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  WebpageWebpage  Log inLog in  

Head shot Pushups.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
konradr

konradr

Head shot Pushups. Empty
PostSubject: Head shot Pushups.   Head shot Pushups. I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 25, 2009 7:04 pm

Just to clarify the rule we set for push ups on head shots. This was a provisional rule enacted because we are a new realm and learning to control our shots needed reenforcement. This rule still applies until amended by the officers. A quote from Surt pertaining to the head shot push ups:

Quote :
the rule in dagorhir is head shots are illegal. however if you get hit in the face the fight isn't over unless you call yourself out. the fight is still on until someone dies.

at ragnarok there is no punishment for head shots. a herald may ban you from the field if enough people complain but one or two here and there won't get any attention.

i would say this for now(at least until i return). 10 push ups for head shots. immediately drop to the ground and do them. you cannot be attacked while doing push ups until the 10 are done. you can be attacked immediately after they are done even if your still on the ground. if the head shot fault is not with the person swinging but because the person hit leaned into it they still have to do the push ups. but they also have to tell a herald, or officer, to watch that person to see if they get hit in the head a lot. then if true tell them if they don't stop leaning into the shot they will be kicked off the field for so long.

Insert from Konradr: Shite happens. I got hit in the legs, dropped to my knees the same moment someone was throwing a spear to my abs. Bam! Head shot. I don't hold it against the spearman, it just happens. No teeth lost, no sweat bro. If you recognize a change in the posture of your opponant that might land a head shot, and you've already thrown a shot, try to "pull it" so you take some of the power out of it. Shite happens, but that doesn't mean we can't learn to control it as best we can. Now back to Surt...

Quote :
if both parties acknowledge it was an accident and not a problem i don't see why they couldn't skip them. but to prevent fighting i'm going to say they still have to do the push ups even if both say it was ok. just for the reason that a little working out will only do good for you.

I hope this clarifies the issue for the time being.

Speaking of Heralds, I know we all love to fight. I especially. But we should really start putting a herald on the field when the numbers are up. Maybe we could all take turns throughout a practice session and learn to herald. I will await Surt's return to teach us to be heralds.

Konradr
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelfire.com/nv/jazzviking/whatisa.html
Alacian

Alacian

Head shot Pushups. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Head shot Pushups.   Head shot Pushups. I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 25, 2009 8:33 pm

*volunteers and volunteers little tid bits*..

A Herald announces when certain games begin, calls people to the field, announces when someone enters the field and the game has already begun, calls a hold when they see someone take an illegal shot or seems seriously injured, oversees the penalty push-ups and watches that the over all rules are followed...

...among other things that I won't list and pretend to have been a Dagorhir Herald without Surt doing it himself. =P

The definition of herald is that of being a messenger, someone who announces arrivals or gives a sign or indication of things to come.

*coughs and toddles off since I still need to finish work with the site before I go volunteering for other things or else people will think I don't finish my jobs*...

Life. =P It'll be done over the next week. Promise.

Edit:

The Office of Heraldry's jurisdiction lies within that of public speaking, delivering messages and proclamations, keeping record of armorial bearings and assisting in identification by such. Additionally, the Office of Heraldry is to assist with tournaments, ceremonies, and all functions of the Realm of Barad'Dun. The specific duties of the Office of Heraldry as a whole are as follows:

* Keeping a list of armorial bearings used and registered by certain personages and organizations of the Royal Army and the realm of Barad'Dun.
* Keeping a list of edicts, decrees, proclamations, and announcements made by the leaders of our realm and those who hold such authority.
* Maintaining the Heraldic Guidelines - the rules in and process of designing and registering coats of arms.
* Assisting the Royal Army in the process of designing and registering coats of arms.
* Creating some of the items bearing coats of arms to be used for identification of the realm, personages and organizations.
* Delivering proclamations and messages.
* Assisting in the organization and running of tournaments sponsored by the Realm of Barad'Dun.
* Assisting with ceremonies of the Chapter and/or Royal Army.
* Speaking publicly and translating at events of the realm.
* Standing witness to duels amongst those of Barad'Dun and other realms when held on our grounds.
* Assisting in the identification of ally and adversary in times of war and battle.
* Making parley in times of war with those who would be the enemy of Barad'Dun.
* Archiving major events, duels, tournaments and battles that take place within our realm. (Video and pictures)
* Trumpeting the arrival and departure of the Royal Army and during tournaments and Barad'Dun events.
* Is responsible for, yet not limited to the explanation, clarification and enforcement of battle game rules set in place, upheld and sponsored by the realm of Barad'Dun.

p.s. I had to much time on my hands during my lunch break obviously...and was a Herald for two years online for a medieval prose-role-play.

Last edited by Alacian on Fri Sep 25, 2009 9:39 pm; edited 4 times in total (Reason for editing : I couldn't help myself.)
Back to top Go down
konradr

konradr

Head shot Pushups. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Head shot Pushups.   Head shot Pushups. I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2009 6:13 am

Dagorhir heralds are more like umpires during the fight. In the SCA they would call them 'Marshalls' because Heralds in the medieval sense were messengers. In the SCA heralds do all the announcements and stuff like that. Why Dagorhir chose to call an umpire a Herald, I don't know, but then again, I didn't create the game, I just play it.

Konradr
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelfire.com/nv/jazzviking/whatisa.html
Alacian

Alacian

Head shot Pushups. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Head shot Pushups.   Head shot Pushups. I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2009 6:47 am

konradr wrote:
Dagorhir heralds are more like umpires during the fight. In the SCA they would call them 'Marshalls' because Heralds in the medieval sense were messengers. In the SCA heralds do all the announcements and stuff like that. Why Dagorhir chose to call an umpire a Herald, I don't know, but then again, I didn't create the game, I just play it.

Konradr

- points to my above p.s. -

I had to much time during my lunch break and I have literally only slept two hours in the past two days and possibly dozed for half an hour. Ignore my irrelevant rambling above. I know that Dagorgir 'Heralds' are like an umpire that just makes sure the game is fair and calls the holds as well. Don't worry.

See ya tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Head shot Pushups. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Head shot Pushups.   Head shot Pushups. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Head shot Pushups.
Page 1 of 1