Barad'Dun The Western Tower
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Barad'Dun The Western Tower

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  WebpageWebpage  Log inLog in  

The Squeeker

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Phoxly

Phoxly

The Squeeker Empty
PostSubject: The Squeeker   The Squeeker I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 08, 2009 6:41 pm

Okay so I had this amazing idea for a javelin, arrow, or any stabby surface Very Happy

Place a squeaker (from a dog squeaky toy) inside the tip, so when it hits something, it squeaks!

It would sit between the courtesy foam and core, or even be used as a cap in replacement for the penny, since the squeaker I have atm is about the size of a quarter or half dollar.

These squeakers themselves can be bought in bulk as well! You'd have the only arrows/javelin that squeaks at practice/Rag.

Thoughts?

"THIS IS SPARTA! *squeek*"

Quote :
(12:59:41 PM) Tigress: I love the idea. lol Put them in rocks as well
Back to top Go down
Demie Zephyra

Demie Zephyra

The Squeeker Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Squeeker   The Squeeker I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 09, 2009 3:23 am

Aha. xD
That would be hilarious.

I can see it now.
"RAHHHHHH"
~Squeak~
Awkward pause.

I wanna see a squeaker in a shield.
Maybe then, being shield bashed would be less intimidating.
Back to top Go down
Phoxly

Phoxly

The Squeeker Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Squeeker   The Squeeker I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 09, 2009 5:53 am

Demie Zephyra wrote:
Aha. xD
That would be hilarious.

I can see it now.
"RAHHHHHH"
~Squeak~
Awkward pause.

I wanna see a squeaker in a shield.
Maybe then, being shield bashed would be less intimidating.

Yeah I'm so making a punch shield with squeakers between the camp foam, if I can get away with that :/ maybe thin it a bit so the squeaker has room to move around lol. I want a spear that squeaks Very Happy
Back to top Go down
K'urn

K'urn

The Squeeker Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Squeeker   The Squeeker I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 09, 2009 1:19 pm

Great idea. i knew a guy once that had a laughing javelin.
But, the bad news is, I don't think it would work. Even if you could mount it properly the foam would prevent the 'squeek' from getting out. Meaning, the sqeek needs air to work and the foam would prevent the air from escaping correctly.

I say build it, and hope it works. Even if it doesn't you should still have built a safe javvy.

K-
Back to top Go down
konradr

konradr

The Squeeker Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Squeeker   The Squeeker I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 09, 2009 3:33 pm

I love those squeeker ducks. They had some nice one's that really looked and sounded like ducks. Maybe I should get one and put it on my next shield build. I like the idea of a bash sounding like "qqquuuuaaaaaaaaaccccckkkkk!" then the ever present "Grrruuuunnnntttt" or "ooooooffffff" afterwards.

Konradr
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelfire.com/nv/jazzviking/whatisa.html
Phoxly

Phoxly

The Squeeker Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Squeeker   The Squeeker I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 09, 2009 3:50 pm

Yeah I think the reason the squeaker works in the toy cause its a foamy cotton, so I'd have to place it carefully, maybe use a more cushioned foam, like couch foam lol. We'll see Very Happy I'll bring squeakers to our first weapon day I attend.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Squeeker Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Squeeker   The Squeeker I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Squeeker
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Barad'Dun The Western Tower :: - The Armory - :: Weapon & Garb Creation-
Jump to: