Barad'Dun The Western Tower
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Barad'Dun The Western Tower

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  WebpageWebpage  Log inLog in  

for anyone interested in the japanese way like me :)

Go down 
+5
Demie Zephyra
konradr
Hxctemplar
Phoxly
edgar dernhelm
9 posters
AuthorMessage
edgar dernhelm

edgar dernhelm

for anyone interested in the japanese way like me :) Empty
PostSubject: for anyone interested in the japanese way like me :)   for anyone interested in the japanese way like me :) I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 14, 2009 9:42 pm

ok i found this site which has the complete description of bushido and how it pertains to dagorhir and pic and desriptions of all the samurai wepons that can be built legaly for dagorhir havent found the how tos yet but im lookin. http://www.freewebs.com/toufuushogunate/wayofthesamurai.htm
oh btw i hadnt realized it but this is a dagorhir group outa indiana:P

Last edited by Michael on Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:03 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : typos)
Back to top Go down
Phoxly

Phoxly

PostSubject: Re: for anyone interested in the japanese way like me :)   for anyone interested in the japanese way like me :) I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 15, 2009 3:34 am

Well technically the glaive I want to make is a "Nagamaki" with the blade being a little shorter than the handle, with enough spare foam to make a Katana or Wakizashi. Very Happy I still like my dual hammer idea though >__>
Back to top Go down
edgar dernhelm

edgar dernhelm

PostSubject: Re: for anyone interested in the japanese way like me :)   for anyone interested in the japanese way like me :) I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 15, 2009 3:39 am

i realy realy want to make a katana and an nodachi but im not to keen on finding the point where pvc bends but doesnt burn:P if and when i have the money for materials id be very grateful to any of you who know how to make curved wepons who would help me make them lol i want to be the apprentice of a master foamsmith:Plol

Last edited by Michael on Thu Oct 15, 2009 3:41 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : typos)
Back to top Go down
Hxctemplar

Hxctemplar

PostSubject: Re: for anyone interested in the japanese way like me :)   for anyone interested in the japanese way like me :) I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 15, 2009 3:48 am

That's hella crazy cause I stumbled on that website like 2 weeks ago. Didnt' know anyone else would actually be intrested in being a samurai or doing that sort of heiarchy Surprised
Back to top Go down
Phoxly

Phoxly

PostSubject: Re: for anyone interested in the japanese way like me :)   for anyone interested in the japanese way like me :) I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 15, 2009 4:17 am

In Japan... You no bend PVC... You bend foam! Smile just add some extra foam on the front, and shave the backside to give it a curved look Smile
Back to top Go down
konradr

konradr

PostSubject: Re: for anyone interested in the japanese way like me :)   for anyone interested in the japanese way like me :) I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 15, 2009 6:05 am

Kurn has made these weapon's both ways. You can ask his advice via the forum. Look at Strider's two swords that Kurn made for him. I think they are the straight kind of Katana, but am no expert. Speaking of Strider. What happend to him, he use to be the king of chatters on this forum.

Kilanos has successfully bent PVC and so has Young Mordock. Two of our own you can talk to at practice.

Konradr
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelfire.com/nv/jazzviking/whatisa.html
edgar dernhelm

edgar dernhelm

PostSubject: Re: for anyone interested in the japanese way like me :)   for anyone interested in the japanese way like me :) I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 15, 2009 10:48 pm

kool kool not so important now but when i have the resources ill be sure to bing it up again
Back to top Go down
Demie Zephyra

Demie Zephyra

PostSubject: Re: for anyone interested in the japanese way like me :)   for anyone interested in the japanese way like me :) I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 16, 2009 4:26 pm

Ah.

Totemo kakoii desu yo!

:3

Watashi wa katana ga daisuki desu.
Back to top Go down
konradr

konradr

PostSubject: Re: for anyone interested in the japanese way like me :)   for anyone interested in the japanese way like me :) I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 16, 2009 5:22 pm

Banzai foam brotha's!

How come strider's isn't in on this thread? Where's the stride man?

Konradr
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelfire.com/nv/jazzviking/whatisa.html
Knubbs

Knubbs

PostSubject: Re: for anyone interested in the japanese way like me :)   for anyone interested in the japanese way like me :) I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 16, 2009 7:39 pm

Strider has Ninja-to aka "Straight bladed Wakizashi"

The Ninja-to was smaller than a Katana and had no curve to the blade. Very much a stabbing weapon.

They are also single edged. Strider has very nice ones... but they cant stab. Sad

Im pretty sure strider will chime in anytime now. Smile
Back to top Go down
edgar dernhelm

edgar dernhelm

PostSubject: Re: for anyone interested in the japanese way like me :)   for anyone interested in the japanese way like me :) I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 20, 2009 1:01 am

lol dont know how i missed it but i have only just started learning japanese not to long ago so i was wondering what it was you said demie????Razz pm or whatever Razz-actually to be more acurate i havent started learning yet i know a lil but i want the roseta stone program but dont have the money yet so Razz-
Back to top Go down
Strider

Strider

Location : Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: lolololololololololol roflcopterswaswaswa

PostSubject: Re: for anyone interested in the japanese way like me :)   for anyone interested in the japanese way like me :) I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 28, 2009 12:51 am

I GOT SUM NINJA-TO!!!!

Thanks for the intro Konradr lol.
Back to top Go down
edgar dernhelm

edgar dernhelm

PostSubject: Re: for anyone interested in the japanese way like me :)   for anyone interested in the japanese way like me :) I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 28, 2009 7:54 am

good to have ya back man and yea i like your swords but i need staby tips Razz i like runnin ppl through Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Phoxly

Phoxly

PostSubject: Re: for anyone interested in the japanese way like me :)   for anyone interested in the japanese way like me :) I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 28, 2009 4:18 pm

edgar dernhelm wrote:
good to have ya back man and yea i like your swords but i need staby tips Razz i like runnin ppl through Twisted Evil

LOL reminds me of my first day of Belegarth, my first kill I killed this guy named Par, who kind of has a huge ego, and was leader of the realm at the time. I ran up behind him with a blue sword and stabbed him with it and pranced away victorious as he was the last person alive on his team. Then after about 30 seconds someone yells "Hey... THATS NOT A STABBY WEAPON!" and then he pwnt me. lol
Back to top Go down
Isk

Isk

PostSubject: Re: for anyone interested in the japanese way like me :)   for anyone interested in the japanese way like me :) I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 28, 2009 10:24 pm

Phoxly wrote:
edgar dernhelm wrote:

LOL reminds me of my first day of Belegarth, my first kill I killed this guy named Par, who kind of has a huge ego, and was leader of the realm at the time. I ran up behind him with a blue sword and stabbed him with it and pranced away victorious as he was the last person alive on his team. Then after about 30 seconds someone yells "Hey... THATS NOT A STABBY WEAPON!" and then he pwnt me. lol
Yeah, there are legends about the legends about Par's ego. What does his sig say? Something like, "Humility, it's pretty much the only thing I'm not good at." He is a good fighter, though, and he can give good advice and help you learn a lot.

IMO, and on our field, if you took death, stay dead. Period. Teach the person about the weapon later so they use it safely in the future, and let the noob enjoy his moment of glory, but if you took a death you should honor it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.antirdearg.com
Taco

Taco

PostSubject: Re: for anyone interested in the japanese way like me :)   for anyone interested in the japanese way like me :) I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 28, 2009 10:41 pm

agreed Isk...very well put!
Back to top Go down
Phoxly

Phoxly

PostSubject: Re: for anyone interested in the japanese way like me :)   for anyone interested in the japanese way like me :) I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 29, 2009 4:24 am

Isk wrote:
Phoxly wrote:
edgar dernhelm wrote:

Yeah, there are legends about the legends about Par's ego. What does his sig say? Something like, "Humility, it's pretty much the only thing I'm not good at." He is a good fighter, though, and he can give good advice and help you learn a lot.

IMO, and on our field, if you took death, stay dead. Period. Teach the person about the weapon later so they use it safely in the future, and let the noob enjoy his moment of glory, but if you took a death you should honor it.

Yeah Par taught me EVERYTHING I know about sword and board (which isn't a lot, but it helped!), and by that I mean he beat me relentlessly for a few hours til I caught on to his tactics. I was florentine for the first few months because most of our shields were small round punch shields, which when your really tall and leggy, I just couldn't cover all my bases with it, then he taught me that its not about covering your body, its aobut keeping it in a convenient position to block the vital parts it doesn't cover.

He and Katsu (Baka) taught me this REALLY useful trick, which is about the only trick I know with a shield, I dont really know how to describe it except you turn in to swing high, but keep your elbow in and flip it around to strike on the opposite side, while you bring the shield under to protect your right side.

All the tactics they taught me was with a strap on shield, and two swords, with one sword inverted (holding like a dagger) I actually thought "sword and board" refered to having two swords and a shield strapped to your arm lol, turns out any sword and shield is callled it. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: for anyone interested in the japanese way like me :)   for anyone interested in the japanese way like me :) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

for anyone interested in the japanese way like me :)
Page 1 of 1