Barad'Dun The Western Tower
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Barad'Dun The Western Tower

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  WebpageWebpage  Log inLog in  

Barad'Dun's Althing

Go down 
+6
Demie Zephyra
Aleksander Piotrowski
edgar dernhelm
Phoxly
Alacian
konradr
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Demie Zephyra

Demie Zephyra

Barad'Dun's Althing - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Barad'Dun's Althing   Barad'Dun's Althing - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 06, 2009 6:17 am

Phoxly wrote:
Dagorhir Assassin Game I thought up.

Best with 10+ players.

Take sticky notes equal to the number of players, write each players name on a sticky note, and walk around the room placing a sticky note on each person's head, making sure they don't get their own name on their head.

Each person takes up a blue weapon, and must seek out and kill the person with their name on the note.

So if I had Alacian's name on my forehead, she would have to try to kill me.

I haven't thoroughly thought it out, but it would be fun eh? You'd never know who was out to kill you, and you could be sneaky and cunning, or you could just zerg rush the person who had your name on it.

And game involving sticky notes is cool with me. <3
Back to top Go down
Phoxly

Phoxly

PostSubject: Re: Barad'Dun's Althing   Barad'Dun's Althing - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 06, 2009 6:39 am

Demie Zephyra wrote:
Phoxly wrote:
Dagorhir Assassin Game I thought up.

Best with 10+ players.

Take sticky notes equal to the number of players, write each players name on a sticky note, and walk around the room placing a sticky note on each person's head, making sure they don't get their own name on their head.

Each person takes up a blue weapon, and must seek out and kill the person with their name on the note.

So if I had Alacian's name on my forehead, she would have to try to kill me.

I haven't thoroughly thought it out, but it would be fun eh? You'd never know who was out to kill you, and you could be sneaky and cunning, or you could just zerg rush the person who had your name on it.

And game involving sticky notes is cool with me. <3

=D we used to play a psychology game in highschool with sticky notes, each person had a sticky on their forehead with something like "Popular Kid", "Geeky Nerd" or some other cliche term on their forehead, at which point everyone would treat that person that specific way for an hour in that class. At the end you had to guess what you had on your head. Was pretty fun. Mostly because they had sticky notes. =D
Back to top Go down
konradr

konradr

PostSubject: Re: Barad'Dun's Althing   Barad'Dun's Althing - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 06, 2009 7:36 am

I think an assassin game would be better if only you and the game master new who you were suppose to kill. With sticky notes on the forehead anyone could read them and form alliances when there shouldn't be alliances only paranoia. Plus stickies could fall off and be read by the, um, stickee. On the other hand, since Demie likes sticky notes, that doesn't mean sticky notes couldn't be placed on someone after they've been killed. "So and So killed me" or "Take that!" or something that denotes you've been assassinated.

I think a game of assassin would be cool to run concurrent with practice. From the beginning to the end, with a few rules, you would be worried about who might try to walk up to ya, pull out a dagger (should really only be daggers) and try to gut you, or stab you in the back and then leave a damn sticky note on ya.

The game master would have to keep the flow going by giving you a new target after you've eliminated your original, etc, etc, etc.

The game could be one practice or a month's time.

I think we might play the werewolf game. I'll print out the cards. I like what you said about the seer being an angel. Maybe the Seer can do one of two things, either try to protect someone, or try to discover a werewolf.

Konradr
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelfire.com/nv/jazzviking/whatisa.html
Strider

Strider

Location : Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: lolololololololololol roflcopterswaswaswa

PostSubject: Re: Barad'Dun's Althing   Barad'Dun's Althing - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 06, 2009 8:08 am

All these games sound awesome, can't wait to beat your asses Razz
Back to top Go down
Phoxly

Phoxly

PostSubject: Re: Barad'Dun's Althing   Barad'Dun's Althing - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 06, 2009 4:35 pm

Konradr thats pretty close to how we did 'Assassins' at Chaos Wars 2-3 years ago, (I just tried to look up the exact rules, but I am not sure where to start) each person drew a name from a hat basically, and you had the whole weekend of the event to track that person down and kill them, usually by dagger point. I never got my person because I didn't know anyone's name, but it was really fun, paranoia ftw.
Back to top Go down
edgar dernhelm

edgar dernhelm

PostSubject: Re: Barad'Dun's Althing   Barad'Dun's Althing - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 21, 2009 1:11 am

hey guys hasnt been a post about this in some time just makein sure when it is,its at the end of this month right and we are definitly doin it right???? just wonderin cause it all sounds like a blast Smile hope its all systems go Smile
Back to top Go down
konradr

konradr

PostSubject: Re: Barad'Dun's Althing   Barad'Dun's Althing - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 21, 2009 7:09 am

I'm definately going to start planning next week. I WILL be there with my wife and family playing games and eating food. Its a potluck, bring games, etc. Garb is optional but would be nice since we are Dagorhir. I will bring bucklers and daggers for those itching to fight despite it being a non fighting day. I won't be at practice that Saturday (But I'm not saying definately, just looks like it) so hopefully Surt will remind everyone.

Bring out your latest weapon to show off, or garb. Bring some games, Bring some stuff if you want to make something, be it garb or weapons. Bring your leftover turkey creations for Potluck. Its okay, just be creative. I love turkey just not dry turkey, sticks in the throat, know what I mean.

More details to come next week.

Kornadr
Back to top Go down
edgar dernhelm

edgar dernhelm

PostSubject: Re: Barad'Dun's Althing   Barad'Dun's Althing - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 21, 2009 10:41 am

awesomeness Smile
Back to top Go down
konradr

konradr

PostSubject: Re: Barad'Dun's Althing   Barad'Dun's Althing - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 27, 2009 8:06 am

Thinking about the Werewolf game, which I am definately going to run at Althing. Looks like maximum number of players would be around 11-15 for a two wolf game and 17 to 19 for three wolves. The number should always be odd or the wolves would have the advantage.

Now I've been thinking of the ending. In the game rules the humans win by lynching all the wolves while they are in their human state during the day. The Wolves win when they outnumber or are even with the surviving humans and thus can openly kill them. In a one on one situation (or two on two) the werewolves will just attack, either as human or wolf and kill the villager's who won't be prepared and thus will die.

Now, for a Dagorhir finale, what we could do is place four blue's in a circle at the center of the play area. Make sure everyone sits in a circle about, lets say 10 paces from the circle of weapons. Now, when the moderator knows the number of wolves will be even with the human players, he calls for night. The remaining players close their eyes.

He then calls out "Wolves stand and howl." The wolves stand and howl.

The moderator then says "Humans open your eyes and stand" The howling woke the humans up to the danger.

The moderator then says, "Run for weapons and lay on!"

The Wolves and the Humans rush for the blues and fight to the death. The winning side is he/she that is left alive, be they werewolf or villager.

I also kind of like the "Cupid" Scenario where by a Cupid (or the moderator) chooses at random, two lovers. The lovers will know who one another is, but not if they are human or wolf. Noone else will know who the lovers are. If the lover is lynched (or eaten by wolves)the other lover must stand, cry out and clutch at his/her heart as they suddenly drop dead from heartbreak. If the lover's are the last two left and one is a wolf and the other human, there is no duel to the death, love wins for both sides.

Konradr
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Barad'Dun's Althing   Barad'Dun's Althing - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Barad'Dun's Althing
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2