Barad'Dun The Western Tower
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Barad'Dun The Western Tower

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  WebpageWebpage  Log inLog in  

Flail fixin'

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
konradr

konradr

Flail fixin' Empty
PostSubject: Flail fixin'   Flail fixin' I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 04, 2009 9:03 pm

Damn flail failed again. So I measured some new cloth, I swear I did, but after handsewing for about an hour, and seeing that the foam head fit, BOOM, damn, the cloth was too short. I swear I measured, I just don't know how I measured wrong! So I improvised and used a shoestring to tie it off (tape it) and make up the shortage inside the haft. I appologize ahead of time for whomever the flail fails against this Saturday. Watch out for that flying head.

Now, how the hell do you make a flail head with a rope, like Surt's. I can't figure out how the rope attaches to the head. Do you drill a hole through the head and tie it off over, say a leather washer, or do you cut grooves in the foam and tie the rope around the head and glue it in place with a layer of blue foam over the head/rope combo????

Enquiring minds would like to know. For my next flail which will be with a longer haft like Surt's.

Konradr
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelfire.com/nv/jazzviking/whatisa.html
K'urn

K'urn

Flail fixin' Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flail fixin'   Flail fixin' I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 06, 2009 1:11 pm

I don't know, I haven't seen Surt's flail.

K-
Back to top Go down
Surt

Surt

Flail fixin' Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flail fixin'   Flail fixin' I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 06, 2009 4:50 pm

yeah k'urn couldn't see it was dark....... Razz
Back to top Go down
https://baraddun.forumotion.net
Sponsored content

Flail fixin' Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flail fixin'   Flail fixin' I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Flail fixin'
Page 1 of 1