Barad'Dun The Western Tower
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Barad'Dun The Western Tower

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  WebpageWebpage  Log inLog in  

I think I'm going to need some help.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Demie Zephyra

Demie Zephyra

I think I'm going to need some help. Empty
PostSubject: I think I'm going to need some help.   I think I'm going to need some help. I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 08, 2009 7:26 am

O.o
Trying to come up with a story for my character is intimidating.

Considering I know little to nothing about Middle Earth or Lord of the Rings or it's history or any of that.
Back to top Go down
Phoxly

Phoxly

PostSubject: Re: I think I'm going to need some help.   I think I'm going to need some help. I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 08, 2009 7:34 am

Talk to Alyssa =) she is supposed to help me with my Bio, and help me tie it in with hers and the plot of Barad'dun. =)
Back to top Go down
konradr

konradr

PostSubject: Re: I think I'm going to need some help.   I think I'm going to need some help. I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 08, 2009 7:58 am

I can help you too, but I probably know less about middle earth, etc. I am purely historical. However, my backstory I have tied into ours by creating islands called Norn which are in the far sea beyond middle earth. The people there are related to the men of Dale and of Rohan. They however, live a life dominated by the sea and on islands rich in grass for raising animals but not much farming. Thus they trade, fish and sometimes act as pirates in their beautiful long ships. Some people call them the Men of Norn or the Normans. They themselves are called the Norse. Surt said that was fine because it comes from an area not defined by Tolkien in his works, and thus, could exist.

Surt is the avid LOTR guy. He can help you with any info on that subject or give you websites with the info.

After you have found who you are or want to be, tie it in with the Barad'dun backstory and voila, you are born.

Maybe you are a Desert Elf from the mysterious hidden Oasis of Elumbra, and are among us secretly seeking the whereabouts of the long lost Sand Princess.....

Konradr
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelfire.com/nv/jazzviking/whatisa.html
Demie Zephyra

Demie Zephyra

PostSubject: Re: I think I'm going to need some help.   I think I'm going to need some help. I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 08, 2009 8:15 am

I was actually hoping to figure out how to somehow migrate from an ocean area to Barad'Dun. But, considering I have no idea how to get started..

>.>
Back to top Go down
konradr

konradr

PostSubject: Re: I think I'm going to need some help.   I think I'm going to need some help. I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 08, 2009 4:08 pm

Barad'Dun is of course a seaport on the Western shores of the Southern Continent below middle earth. Middle Earth being the "middle" continent. There was a never explained Northern and Southern area (The south now being taken up by our continent). There was also the mysterious "West" where the Elves journeyed to as they left Middle Earth to Men.

Maybe you were heading West with the Elves and got blown of course and seeing the Beautiful Tower of Barad'Dun and meeting its inhabitants, you decided to stick around and see what "Adult" stores you could raid....... Very Happy

Konradr

PS: your backstory doesn't have to be elaborate. A paragraph could do or a short story if you so desire. Maybe we can all brainstorm at 'Althing'.
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelfire.com/nv/jazzviking/whatisa.html
Surt

Surt

PostSubject: Re: I think I'm going to need some help.   I think I'm going to need some help. I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 08, 2009 6:12 pm

there were a city of "Sea elves" across the ocean from middle earth on the coast of a continent called Valinor. these elves were called the Teleri and they were the best ship builders the world has ever seen.
Back to top Go down
https://baraddun.forumotion.net
Phoxly

Phoxly

PostSubject: Re: I think I'm going to need some help.   I think I'm going to need some help. I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 08, 2009 6:50 pm

I forgot the who and what my character was, but I am pretty sure Alyssa and me were going to try to link our characters together somehow, but from what I remember of her bio I think she travels somewhere on a ship... Maybe she saw your character Demie! =D

I'm great with roleplaying/writing, but I don't know ANYTHING about middle earth, so I can't really start my Bio til I get with Alyssa.

Maybe at the althing you guys can work on Demi's bio?
Back to top Go down
Demie Zephyra

Demie Zephyra

PostSubject: Re: I think I'm going to need some help.   I think I'm going to need some help. I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 09, 2009 5:27 am

Wow, thanks, guys. =]

Hpefully, I can get this thing written soon.
I'm hoping for at least half a page.

>.>

If not much more.

I actually have these really detailed character sheets I use for my stories.
I'm filling those out first, then using them to write the story.
Back to top Go down
Aleksander Piotrowski

Aleksander Piotrowski

PostSubject: Re: I think I'm going to need some help.   I think I'm going to need some help. I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 21, 2009 9:08 am

Though I am not a writer, but what I have learned from fantasy is that when no other explanation is available just say that it was magic in some form.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I think I'm going to need some help.   I think I'm going to need some help. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I think I'm going to need some help.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Barad'Dun The Western Tower :: Character Creation-
Jump to: