Barad'Dun The Western Tower
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Barad'Dun The Western Tower

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  WebpageWebpage  Log inLog in  

so i have some issues....

Go down 
+7
K'urn
Taco
Demie Zephyra
Phoxly
edgar dernhelm
konradr
caretaker
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Isk

Isk

so i have some issues.... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: so i have some issues....   so i have some issues.... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2009 9:49 pm

Hmmmm.... What's the food like in Konradr's basement?
Back to top Go down
http://www.antirdearg.com
Alacian

Alacian

PostSubject: Re: so i have some issues....   so i have some issues.... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2009 12:19 am

Isk wrote:

It consists of my homemade strawberry cheesecake, caramel laced cheesecake, and chocolate topped cheesecake.....oh and fried chicken and fried taters with onions....

Oh and I am the Judge, The Jury, The Torturer, The Executioner, and The Biter. =P

Oh and you still owe me a spar. I would be entirely honored if you will give me a spar or two. ^_^

Oh and a hug after you beat the tar out of me. =P
Back to top Go down
Phoxly

Phoxly

PostSubject: Re: so i have some issues....   so i have some issues.... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2009 4:08 am

Alacian wrote:
Isk wrote:

It consists of my homemade strawberry cheesecake, caramel laced cheesecake, and chocolate topped cheesecake.....oh and fried chicken and fried taters with onions....

Oh and I am the Judge, The Jury, The Torturer, The Executioner, and The Biter. =P

Oh and you still owe me a spar. I would be entirely honored if you will give me a spar or two. ^_^

Damn girl, where do I sign up to live in Konradr's basement? -drools over cheesecake-
Back to top Go down
Isk

Isk

PostSubject: Re: so i have some issues....   so i have some issues.... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2009 4:33 am

You'll get your spar, don't worry Smile

Konradr's basement is sounding pretty good. Does he have room for my fam, too?
Back to top Go down
Alacian

Alacian

PostSubject: Re: so i have some issues....   so i have some issues.... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2009 4:50 am

lol @ Phoxly - I'll make one of my cheesecakes for Christmas. Your choice of fruit, plain, or caramel or chocolate. I owe you one.

Isk - I'm glad I get that spar! And yes, I'm sure he does as long as you don't mind a lil Philipeno lady gettin' at you for building weapons down there. =P
Back to top Go down
Demie Zephyra

Demie Zephyra

PostSubject: Re: so i have some issues....   so i have some issues.... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2009 5:39 am

Alacian wrote:
lol @ Phoxly - I'll make one of my cheesecakes for Christmas. Your choice of fruit, plain, or caramel or chocolate. I owe you one.

Isk - I'm glad I get that spar! And yes, I'm sure he does as long as you don't mind a lil Philipeno lady gettin' at you for building weapons down there. =P

You have no idea. o.o

Little Filipino women are intimidating like no other.

Trust me. I'm half.

And I'd rather take on Surt, Heretic, and Taco unarmed than get yelled at by my tiny Filipino mom.

When they throw slippers at you, they NEVER miss.........Ever.
Back to top Go down
Alacian

Alacian

PostSubject: Re: so i have some issues....   so i have some issues.... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2009 5:42 am

Demie Zephyra wrote:
Alacian wrote:

You have no idea. o.o

Trust me. I'm half.

And I'd rather take on Surt, Heretic, and Taco unarmed than get yelled at by my tiny Filipino mom.

I knew I spelled Filipino wrong...god I feel stupid...lol
Back to top Go down
Demie Zephyra

Demie Zephyra

PostSubject: Re: so i have some issues....   so i have some issues.... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2009 5:46 am

Alacian wrote:
Demie Zephyra wrote:
Alacian wrote:

You have no idea. o.o

Trust me. I'm half.

I knew I spelled Filipino wrong...god I feel stupid...lol

Don't feel stupid.
A lot of people mix it up.

Because the country name is Philippines.
But, people from there is spelled Filipino.

The spelling changed based on who was ruling the country at the time.
In any case, people usually can't tell which way to spell it. x]
So, it's okay.

My dad still can't say "Tagalog" right. xD
Back to top Go down
caretaker

caretaker

PostSubject: Re: so i have some issues....   so i have some issues.... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2009 10:33 am

Barrikaide wrote:
I agree with surt. I normally take all hits light or lame.

I was wondering if you would say something Caretaker. I had your arm blocked up in the air 2 times and you tried these little wrist action swings at my wrist. Sorry im not taking those hits. I had your arm blocked up in the air you need to pull back and swing again. I was wondering if you were going to post something because when i talked to you about your swings you looked at me like i was crazy. I probably take too light of hits more often then i should but i want to be fair as possible but when i have your weapon parried like that you need to re swing or try something different. Maybe im crazy.

and maybe you arent talking about those times and i really am crazy i dunno.

no, i wasnt talking about you. my wrapshots tend to be lighter. sorry you took my looks the wrong way, i was listening, and i was getting tired. and sorry i wasnt on the forums in a few days, some people got lives to attend to.

im talking about some of the newer looking people who ignored full swings to the legs and the hips. i like to just keep my mouth shut most of the time. i take all hits myself, except for garbin and grazin. i dont care about being right, just being fair.

^and to what i said before. the dag rules say nothing about being hard. just noticeable. maybe im the only one who reads up on these thing i dont know.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=home#/thomasalesterayers?re
caretaker

caretaker

PostSubject: Re: so i have some issues....   so i have some issues.... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2009 10:36 am

Alacian wrote:
Isk wrote:

i had some real good Narnian cheesecake once at Gates, omg that was so good, and i was so drunk.....
Back to top Go down
barrikaide

PostSubject: Re: so i have some issues....   so i have some issues.... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2009 3:33 pm

in that case Caretaker i totally agree. Too many do not take hits and i dont really give light ones. I usually just mention it to Surt but after a while i feel like a cry baby but i really prefer for everyone to be as honorable as you can. i know in heat of the moment hits may not register right away but you really need to be mindful. Even when i killed taco once he didnt notice the hit right away but he did die.
Back to top Go down
edgar dernhelm

edgar dernhelm

PostSubject: Re: so i have some issues....   so i have some issues.... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2009 5:28 pm

Alacian wrote:

hey!!!!!you still gonna make me one too Sad i realy love cheesecake Razz
Back to top Go down
konradr

konradr

PostSubject: Re: so i have some issues....   so i have some issues.... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2009 6:00 pm

The lingering death, oh yeah, one of my habits I think.

Let's not talk about little Filipino women and their temper, Pppppplllleeeeeaaasssseeee.

Sorry to dissappoint those planning to party in my basement, I have no basement, only a dilapidated shed that I built myself to which my wife still complains why I didn't just buy one. Not much room in that.

Konradr
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelfire.com/nv/jazzviking/whatisa.html
Phoxly

Phoxly

PostSubject: Re: so i have some issues....   so i have some issues.... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2009 6:30 pm

Something Par and Hish used to say... If you have to think to yourself whether a shot counted or not, then you probably should have just taken it.
Back to top Go down
Isk

Isk

PostSubject: Re: so i have some issues....   so i have some issues.... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2009 11:05 pm

Caretaker wrote:
^and to what i said before. the dag rules say nothing about being hard. just noticeable. maybe im the only one who reads up on these thing i dont know.
Caretaker, you're not the only one who reads the rules, rest assured. You may or may not be aware, but there has been an epic ton of discussion, flaming and heated hatred on various dag boards over the interpretation of 'noticeable'.

Please remember that the Manual of Arms is only law at Rag and everywhere else it is suggested as the guidebook for Dagorhir chapters to use. Personally, I think we need to stick to that general standard as closely as possible so that we keep things uniform around the country, but I bring that up to underscore that the local interpretation at a local chapter practice is the one and only true interpretation (at that chapter's practice).

This is not to justify rhino-hiding and it doesn't sound to me like you are trying to make the game ultra-light, but what constitutes 'noticeable' is necessarily subjective and expected to be adjudicated by the local leadership. BTW, I'm looking forward to sparring with you tomorrow. What chapter were you fighting in previously?
Back to top Go down
caretaker

caretaker

PostSubject: Re: so i have some issues....   so i have some issues.... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2009 11:44 pm

Isk wrote:
Caretaker wrote:
Caretaker, you're not the only one who reads the rules, rest assured. You may or may not be aware, but there has been an epic ton of discussion, flaming and heated hatred on various dag boards over the interpretation of 'noticeable'.

Please remember that the Manual of Arms is only law at Rag and everywhere else it is suggested as the guidebook for Dagorhir chapters to use. Personally, I think we need to stick to that general standard as closely as possible so that we keep things uniform around the country, but I bring that up to underscore that the local interpretation at a local chapter practice is the one and only true interpretation (at that chapter's practice).

This is not to justify rhino-hiding and it doesn't sound to me like you are trying to make the game ultra-light, but what constitutes 'noticeable' is necessarily subjective and expected to be adjudicated by the local leadership. BTW, I'm looking forward to sparring with you tomorrow. What chapter were you fighting in previously?

i understand, a lot of Dagorhir is debatable and rules are easily taken from multiple perspectives. im just saying it seems people are trying to hide behind the idea of light hits....i dont think people understand what a light hit is.

Im one of two princes from The Iron Hills Clan of Angaron:D
Back to top Go down
Phoxly

Phoxly

PostSubject: Re: so i have some issues....   so i have some issues.... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2009 11:54 pm

I still don't think that there are (maybe a few) people who get hit, and think to themselves "nah that wasn't hard enough". Maybe there are, but typically if I get softly hit, its more like "Did that hit me?". Like I said before, if you have to ask yourself or debate whether a hit counted or not, you probably should just take it. I'd rather take more hits than I should, and be known as someone easy to kill, than not take enough hits, and be known as someone who doesn't take their hits.
Back to top Go down
Surt

Surt

PostSubject: Re: so i have some issues....   so i have some issues.... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 14, 2009 7:07 am

ive fought beside people who have been playing dagorhir for over 20 years. they taught me how to fight and thats how i will teach others. they hit hard, real hard. always hit your hardest and there should be no question that you hit them hard enough. only if you hold back will there be doubt. my suggestion to anyone who thinks people think there hits are to light is to start hitting people as hard as you can.
Back to top Go down
https://baraddun.forumotion.net
Surt

Surt

PostSubject: Re: so i have some issues....   so i have some issues.... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 14, 2009 7:07 am

ive fought beside people who have been playing dagorhir for over 20 years. they taught me how to fight and thats how i will teach others. they hit hard, real hard. always hit your hardest and there should be no question that you hit them hard enough. only if you hold back will there be doubt. my suggestion to anyone who thinks people think there hits are to light is to start hitting people as hard as you can.
Back to top Go down
Surt

Surt

PostSubject: Re: so i have some issues....   so i have some issues.... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 14, 2009 7:08 am

Back to top Go down
Phoxly

Phoxly

PostSubject: Re: so i have some issues....   so i have some issues.... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 14, 2009 7:46 am

Surt wrote:

Surt wrote:

Surt wrote:

3x post win =D

When I try to hit as hard as I can it feels unstable and awkward I guess, I start to feel like I can use less effort, get more speed, more stability and get the blade from point A to point B just as fast with enough force to be noticeable (A medium hit), even more accurate. I think remaining comfortable with how you swing is also important. Maybe its just cause I am still fairly new to the general LARP fighting style, and its probalby not the best advice for new players to simply always hit as hard as they can. For now I just want to be an efficient and effective fighter and a safe one as well, not a hard hitter. After I master speed and stability in my fighting, I'll worry about hitting harder if I feel its necessary. Neutral

Even pro players who have been playing for 20 years make mistakes and hit people in the head, neck, wind people, and even smash knuckles together which can all result in costly injuries.

Last edited by Phoxly on Sat Nov 14, 2009 7:55 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Explaining.)
Back to top Go down
konradr

konradr

PostSubject: Re: so i have some issues....   so i have some issues.... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 14, 2009 8:13 am

Um, ok, I think we got it Surt.

Konradr
Back to top Go down
konradr

konradr

PostSubject: Re: so i have some issues....   so i have some issues.... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 14, 2009 8:19 am

Slow work should always come first in any drill. Speed, power and accuracy will come after lots of slow work to get the mechanics down. You don't neccessarily have to fight like that, but if it works for ya Phox, go aheah. Only kidding, I understand what you are saying and that is a good goal.

I fought like they taught in the SCA. The sword may be held in front, but almost all swings seem to arc behind or even start from behind in order to get the maximum power when they hit. Something like that. It may be a little redundant for our game. That much power really isn't neccessary and if you can over extend very easy and become meat to a quick snap hit. That's why I like the flurry of violence approach while my mind and muscle memory try to think of angles that will connect or feint and connect, at the same time keeping the opponant off guard with a flurry of hits. Sounds nice, doesn't always work, well, works better against noobs than more experienced people, but hey, its fun.

Konradr
Back to top Go down
Phoxly

Phoxly

PostSubject: Re: so i have some issues....   so i have some issues.... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 14, 2009 5:59 pm

konradr wrote:
Slow work should always come first in any drill. Speed, power and accuracy will come after lots of slow work to get the mechanics down. You don't neccessarily have to fight like that, but if it works for ya Phox, go aheah. Only kidding, I understand what you are saying and that is a good goal.

I fought like they taught in the SCA. The sword may be held in front, but almost all swings seem to arc behind or even start from behind in order to get the maximum power when they hit. Something like that. It may be a little redundant for our game. That much power really isn't neccessary and if you can over extend very easy and become meat to a quick snap hit. That's why I like the flurry of violence approach while my mind and muscle memory try to think of angles that will connect or feint and connect, at the same time keeping the opponant off guard with a flurry of hits. Sounds nice, doesn't always work, well, works better against noobs than more experienced people, but hey, its fun.

Konradr

I strongly agree with the flurry of hits tactic. Its my favorite against florentine vs florentine. I used to always fight against this guy (Who oddly looks like Caretaker) from our Bel realm, he had these two long blue swords, while I was working with two short blue flexy/whippy swords. Best tactic when you can't reach your oponent, flurry of attacks, and moving up closer seemed to work. jocolor
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: so i have some issues....   so i have some issues.... - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

so i have some issues....
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Barad'Dun The Western Tower :: General News-
Jump to: