Barad'Dun The Western Tower
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Barad'Dun The Western Tower

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  WebpageWebpage  Log inLog in  

Chess Battlegame

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Phoxly

Phoxly

Chess Battlegame Empty
PostSubject: Chess Battlegame   Chess Battlegame I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 09, 2009 5:31 pm

Okay so this is something I remember playin a LONG time ago. Its a fun alternative to meatgrinder, and free for all games.

The herald will call everyone to form a line, using whatever weapons each person wants, then go down the line giving everyone a "one" or "two" number. Ones will go to one side, twos will go to another. Each team will then pick one person from their team to send out to fight, and the other team will select one person to fight. After both teams have chosen who they want to fight, the herald calls them out, and they lay on.

Typically its a one on one type of fighting, whoever wins out of the two, stays to fight the losing teams next selection, if one person stays undefeated for too long the herald can allow 2 players to come out and fight him/her, until one team is out of players.

This is fun at times, but it can get off balanced if one team didn't have that many good players. So an alternative is sending out 2 players at a time, which gives for some diversity in fighting, such as two sword and board vs two florentine, or a sword and board vs a spearman.
Back to top Go down
konradr

konradr

Chess Battlegame Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chess Battlegame   Chess Battlegame I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 09, 2009 6:03 pm

This sounds interesting. I'd like to try this one.

Konradr
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelfire.com/nv/jazzviking/whatisa.html
Phoxly

Phoxly

Chess Battlegame Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chess Battlegame   Chess Battlegame I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 09, 2009 7:12 pm

konradr wrote:
This sounds interesting. I'd like to try this one.

Konradr

It also fits into your post about getting some 1 on 1 battles in for practice and really get an idea of people's skill lvl.
Back to top Go down
konradr

konradr

Chess Battlegame Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chess Battlegame   Chess Battlegame I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 10, 2009 5:44 pm

How about this, the game is CLB (based on your chessgame) CLB stands for "Champions, Line & Bridge"

Two teams and a bridge and two cones/tree rez points on either side of the bridge. Each team elects a "line leader".

The game starts out like the chessgame. Each line sends a champion to duel on the bridge. Everyone in the line will duel one on one. No one can fight twice unelss one side is outnumbered. Example if its 9 vs 8 then the 8 man team can have a champion fight twice. The line leader will decide who's up to bat. Both teams should alternate between sending the first champion out.

Champions automatically rez back at the line. Champions do not hold the bridge. A new set of champions must fight each duel, until everyone has fought.

Once all Champion duels are over, the game becomes a line battle over the bridge. Each team can have instant rez at their rez point as long as their line leader is still alive. Once the line leader is dead, there is no more rez for that team.

The object is then to kill everyone on the other team.

What do you think?

Konradr
Back to top Go down
Phoxly

Phoxly

Chess Battlegame Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chess Battlegame   Chess Battlegame I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 10, 2009 6:21 pm

konradr wrote:
How about this, the game is CLB (based on your chessgame) CLB stands for "Champions, Line & Bridge"

Two teams and a bridge and two cones/tree rez points on either side of the bridge. Each team elects a "line leader".

The game starts out like the chessgame. Each line sends a champion to duel on the bridge. Everyone in the line will duel one on one. No one can fight twice unelss one side is outnumbered. Example if its 9 vs 8 then the 8 man team can have a champion fight twice. The line leader will decide who's up to bat. Both teams should alternate between sending the first champion out.

Champions automatically rez back at the line. Champions do not hold the bridge. A new set of champions must fight each duel, until everyone has fought.

Once all Champion duels are over, the game becomes a line battle over the bridge. Each team can have instant rez at their rez point as long as their line leader is still alive. Once the line leader is dead, there is no more rez for that team.

The object is then to kill everyone on the other team.

What do you think?

Konradr

Brilliant man, brilliant. =D I actually recall having a leader on both teams that would select who fought who. So really the champions never die, they just duel it out and get rez'd?

Hmmm oh Konrad, oh Konrad... What famous greek-ish battle ensued and ended by each side choosing their best warrior to duke it out for the victory of their team? =D You should know this. -cough-heel-cough-
Back to top Go down
konradr

konradr

Chess Battlegame Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chess Battlegame   Chess Battlegame I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 10, 2009 7:20 pm

Weren't there several battles like that during the Trojan war? Menelaus vs Paris, Hector vs Patrocles (in Achilles Armor) and Achilles vs Hector, etc.

Did I get it right? Do I get a cookie or do I leave a wooden horse at your doorstep with a thousand greek spiders inside waiting to pounce?

Konradr
Back to top Go down
Phoxly

Phoxly

Chess Battlegame Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chess Battlegame   Chess Battlegame I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 10, 2009 8:17 pm

konradr wrote:
Weren't there several battles like that during the Trojan war? Menelaus vs Paris, Hector vs Patrocles (in Achilles Armor) and Achilles vs Hector, etc.

Did I get it right? Do I get a cookie or do I leave a wooden horse at your doorstep with a thousand greek spiders inside waiting to pounce?

Konradr

Yessir =D my favorite was in the movie Troy, with Brad Pit as Achiles =D, that was some sexy man-meat. He pwnt Hector's face.
Back to top Go down
konradr

konradr

Chess Battlegame Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chess Battlegame   Chess Battlegame I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 11, 2009 7:49 am

I loved the spear fight between Achilles and Hector in their dual outside the city in "troy". I think we could fight like that with 7 foot glaives with smaller double edged heads and some good courtesy padding. Minus the shots towards the head.

Konradr
Back to top Go down
Taco

Taco

Chess Battlegame Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chess Battlegame   Chess Battlegame I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 11, 2009 8:01 am

i like that idea with the spears konradr I really do!!
Back to top Go down
Phoxly

Phoxly

Chess Battlegame Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chess Battlegame   Chess Battlegame I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 11, 2009 4:22 pm

Now that sounds like fun lol.
Back to top Go down
konradr

konradr

Chess Battlegame Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chess Battlegame   Chess Battlegame I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 11, 2009 4:47 pm

For those who have not seen the scene in Troy, here it is in all its youtube glory.

Now imagine a champion's dual using, well maybe 5 or 6 foot, glaive type weapons with a small hacking edge and a stabby tip, like a spear and we could have it.

Oh, the bit with the sword and shields is cool too.

Konradr
Back to top Go down
Phoxly

Phoxly

Chess Battlegame Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chess Battlegame   Chess Battlegame I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 11, 2009 6:50 pm

From my experience with Belegarth spears, they aren't very one handable... like I have wielded a real spear and its light, but with all the foam and padding, and a bandshoppe pole, its heavy as hell for just one arming it. Course thoe are usually 10 foot...

I also love the Achilles vs Boagrius scene
Back to top Go down
Taco

Taco

Chess Battlegame Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chess Battlegame   Chess Battlegame I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2009 4:47 am

if you bent the rules just a bit for a battle like that,A jav would work with a small striking head, just they woun't pass flex and you wounldn't throw them
Back to top Go down
konradr

konradr

Chess Battlegame Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chess Battlegame   Chess Battlegame I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2009 7:14 am

I was thinking about a jav fitting in too. They had butt spikes on their spears and of course slashing heads. But we could make like a mini-glaive out of a 48" or 5 foot pvc or fiberglass rod. Could still be a red.

Konradr
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Chess Battlegame Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chess Battlegame   Chess Battlegame I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Chess Battlegame
Page 1 of 1