Barad'Dun The Western Tower

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  WebpageWebpage  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Modifying The Mace (Pic)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Phoxly

PostSubject: Modifying The Mace (Pic)   Tue Nov 10, 2009 6:50 pm

Okay its 34" long, with a 8" striking surface, and its center of gravity is about 14" from the top, so I'd like to move the pommel up to about the second thin layer of courtesy foam, and take out that foam, and weight the pommel. I think its a fiberglass core, and the pomel has some rope wrapped around it. Also adding a stabby tip.

Thoughts?
Back to top Go down
Surt

PostSubject: Re: Modifying The Mace (Pic)   Thu Nov 12, 2009 12:00 am

looks legit as long as it doesn't over flex and weighs at least 12 ounces.good job!
Back to top Go down
http://baraddun.forumotion.net
Phoxly

PostSubject: Re: Modifying The Mace (Pic)   Thu Nov 12, 2009 4:45 am

Surt wrote:
looks legit as long as it doesn't over flex and weighs at least 12 ounces.good job!

Thanks, I also thought of going the other route... if I add 2 inches of stabby tip, its 36" long, and I think that makes it a red weapon right? If I weighted the pommel a bit, and made it easier to swing, I could go with a great mace =D And it definetly weighs 12 ounces... =(
Back to top Go down
Taco

PostSubject: Re: Modifying The Mace (Pic)   Thu Nov 12, 2009 4:50 am

i know the rule in bel is that anything thats not a sword has to be 4ft to count as a red but a red sword has to have a 36" blade to pass. but i think i would be cool if you add a stabby tip ot it.
Back to top Go down
Phoxly

PostSubject: Re: Modifying The Mace (Pic)   Thu Nov 12, 2009 4:58 am

Taco wrote:
i know the rule in bel is that anything thats not a sword has to be 4ft to count as a red but a red sword has to have a 36" blade to pass. but i think i would be cool if you add a stabby tip ot it.

Yeah I was reading online, on the forum they said red swords have to have a 36" blade, and any others have to be 36" total, but in the rules I just read it says any weapon 48" and longer swung two handed is a red (For swords I think its stil 36" of blade, but typically with pommel and handle would add another foot).

I'm probably just going to cut it down a bit, add a stabby tip, then if its light enough use it as my backup weapon for when I go pole-arm. ;D I will post pics as I progress into it.
Back to top Go down
konradr

PostSubject: Re: Modifying The Mace (Pic)   Thu Nov 12, 2009 7:18 am

I had made a mace with a nerf soccer ball as a head. Used it the first month I played. It was hard on the wrist to swing and then it kept bouncing back at me or out of my hand whenever I hit something! I cut the head off and it is now the poor old Goblin's head we using playing, well, you know, Goblin head.

Konradr
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelfire.com/nv/jazzviking/whatisa.html
Phoxly

PostSubject: Re: Modifying The Mace (Pic)   Thu Nov 12, 2009 8:52 pm

Yeah this one is really hard on the wrists, if I cinch up and grab it just below the first courtesy foam its amazing to swing.
Back to top Go down
Strider

Location : Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: lolololololololololol roflcopterswaswaswa

PostSubject: Re: Modifying The Mace (Pic)   Sat Nov 14, 2009 8:40 am

Even if your mace did count as a Red weapon, it would need to weigh a minimum of 24 ounces to count as a red. Which is a pound and a half.
Back to top Go down
Phoxly

PostSubject: Re: Modifying The Mace (Pic)   Sat Nov 14, 2009 5:52 pm

Strider wrote:
Even if your mace did count as a Red weapon, it would need to weigh a minimum of 24 ounces to count as a red. Which is a pound and a half.

Yeah, it works well with my kite shield strap on, surprisingly. However it feels really slow. Maybe if I counterweight it so it doesn't balance right at the mace strike part it will feel a little better. My single blue sword feels so much better to swing than this beast lol. I'll just wait til I get to Dag and Vegas, then bring it to a builds day and we can tinker with it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Modifying The Mace (Pic)   

Back to top Go down

Modifying The Mace (Pic)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1