Barad'Dun The Western Tower
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Barad'Dun The Western Tower

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  WebpageWebpage  Log inLog in  

Formation and Teamwork Minigame

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Phoxly

Phoxly

Formation and Teamwork Minigame Empty
PostSubject: Formation and Teamwork Minigame   Formation and Teamwork Minigame I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 15, 2009 5:31 pm

In light of Konradr's postings about teamwork and formations, I have a proposal for practicing such teamwork and formations.

Fight on your knees! Yes, both sides must fight on their knees. You won't be nearly as mobile, and you will not be prone to rush off by yourself or ahead of your teamates in the lines. This will give the leader time to give us direction and moving as a unit won't be so difficult. It will slow down the action, but there will be alot more strategy.

Downsides are shieldmen are slightly overpowered on their knees vs other units. So maybe simply walking might be more efficient and rounded. Or even gimping like a zombie.

Although I don't encourage leaders barking out orders thorought the battle, I do encourage communication. I prefer that leaders give everyone an idea of what to do before the fight, then let warrior instinct and teamwork take over from there and if there seems to be some misguided confusion (breaking formation, or renegade squadrons) the leader should vocalize himself or herself.
Back to top Go down
konradr

konradr

PostSubject: Re: Formation and Teamwork Minigame   Formation and Teamwork Minigame I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 15, 2009 6:01 pm

You know what Phoxly, I proposed this just yesterday. We were doing realm fights against An Tir Dearg and we outnumbered them like it was 30+ vs 8 or something. And I said, why don't we all fight on our knees to give us a handicap! No, noone wanted to do it.

Konradr
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelfire.com/nv/jazzviking/whatisa.html
Phoxly

Phoxly

PostSubject: Re: Formation and Teamwork Minigame   Formation and Teamwork Minigame I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 15, 2009 7:14 pm

Haha thats awesome, anything that gets the group together and moving as a unit, and looking at the bigger picture. I have seen so many dagorhir videos where one person gets ambitious and runs off on their own, and they get slaughtered. The downside is they do it so quickly the rest of the group doesn't have a chance to catch up and save him/her from dispair.

This is especially why I like Bridge battles.
Back to top Go down
konradr

konradr

PostSubject: Re: Formation and Teamwork Minigame   Formation and Teamwork Minigame I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 15, 2009 7:27 pm

The Valhalla hero bit is fine if it is conjunction with your following line, that way your sacrifice creates gaps and or confusion enough that a following attack by your line will benefit.

But hell, sometimes its just fun to charge in by yourself and see how long you last. What a Face

Konradr
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelfire.com/nv/jazzviking/whatisa.html
Phoxly

Phoxly

PostSubject: Re: Formation and Teamwork Minigame   Formation and Teamwork Minigame I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 15, 2009 8:42 pm

konradr wrote:
The Valhalla hero bit is fine if it is conjunction with your following line, that way your sacrifice creates gaps and or confusion enough that a following attack by your line will benefit.

But hell, sometimes its just fun to charge in by yourself and see how long you last. What a Face

Konradr

And be a huge distraction for the enemy team. =D Just make sure you take out ONE person on the opposing team at the same time, so your death is not in vein.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Formation and Teamwork Minigame   Formation and Teamwork Minigame I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Formation and Teamwork Minigame
Page 1 of 1