Barad'Dun The Western Tower
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Barad'Dun The Western Tower

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  WebpageWebpage  Log inLog in  

Pillage and Plunder

Go down 
+3
Surt
Demie Zephyra
konradr
7 posters
AuthorMessage
konradr

konradr

Pillage and Plunder Empty
PostSubject: Pillage and Plunder   Pillage and Plunder I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 13, 2009 7:53 pm

Hey I want to run a new game next week, it's called "Pillage and Plunder". It runs like a Capture the Flag game.

First, there are two teams from opposing villages. On each end of the field will be two village churches, represented by a rope square shape with two entrances. This is where each village will have 4 items, a bucket with some weight in it representing a chest of gold (Town treasure), two big girl dolls and a baby doll (representing the town's prescious women and children)

There will also be, separate from the church, a circle of 4 cones which is the hall of the Gods for the pagan's in the village. The hall of the Gods represents the Rez point and each villager will rez once they step in the circle and say "Odin bring me back to life so that I may fight." The circle is also where the village makes its 'Offerings to the Gods'. The offerings are the looted gold and women and children from the opposing village.

The winner of the game is that village which succeeds in pillaging all 4 items from the opposing villages Church and places them in their hall of the gods.

A person may only carry one item at any time. If killed he must drop that item where he died. Friendly villagers may carry that item back to the church.

Once the item is placed in the Hall of the Gods, it can not be retrieved.

No defenders may be inside the Church defending the gold and women and children. Any defender needing to enter the church to place a retrieved item, must drop his weapon outside and leave immediately.

Headbands can be placed on the dolls and bucket to identify the village they belong too.

So, what do you think?

Konradr
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelfire.com/nv/jazzviking/whatisa.html
Demie Zephyra

Demie Zephyra

PostSubject: Re: Pillage and Plunder   Pillage and Plunder I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 13, 2009 8:05 pm

As long as there is no bridge, it's fine with me. x]

It sounds really fun.
Back to top Go down
Surt

Surt

PostSubject: Re: Pillage and Plunder   Pillage and Plunder I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 13, 2009 8:06 pm

sounds fun. lets do it!
Back to top Go down
https://baraddun.forumotion.net
Taco

Taco

PostSubject: Re: Pillage and Plunder   Pillage and Plunder I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 13, 2009 8:30 pm

agreed i like the sound of it
Back to top Go down
Aleksander Piotrowski

Aleksander Piotrowski

PostSubject: Re: Pillage and Plunder   Pillage and Plunder I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 13, 2009 10:13 pm

RAPE THE CHURCHES AND BURN THE WOMEN!
Back to top Go down
Phoxly

Phoxly

PostSubject: Re: Pillage and Plunder   Pillage and Plunder I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 15, 2009 2:23 am

It never dawned on me how awkard some of our games are.. if a civilian walked by and saw a group of people waving swords around carrying a blow up doll and a fake bab sprinting across the park.. what would they think?

Last edited by Phoxly on Tue Dec 15, 2009 6:03 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Demie Zephyra

Demie Zephyra

PostSubject: Re: Pillage and Plunder   Pillage and Plunder I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 15, 2009 5:22 am

Phoxly wrote:
It never dawned on me how awkard some of our games are.. if a civilian walked by and saw a group of people waving swords around carrying a blow up doll and a baby doll sprinting across the park.. what would they think?

"Well, apparently I need to lay off the painkillers."
Back to top Go down
Phoxly

Phoxly

PostSubject: Re: Pillage and Plunder   Pillage and Plunder I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 15, 2009 6:04 am

=D in all seriousness it sounds fun though. Wink
Back to top Go down
konradr

konradr

PostSubject: Re: Pillage and Plunder   Pillage and Plunder I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 15, 2009 6:57 am

Not blow up dolls, just the big rag dolls. I need to make a foray to walmart and get some camp mat for a coreless shield and the town dolls. Probably will be only 2, (well 4, a mom and baby for each village, maybe a grumpy old man too, we'll see)

Konradr
Back to top Go down
Phoxly

Phoxly

PostSubject: Re: Pillage and Plunder   Pillage and Plunder I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 15, 2009 7:06 am

Why not use real unarmed people as the peasants?
Back to top Go down
Strider

Strider

Location : Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: lolololololololololol roflcopterswaswaswa

PostSubject: Re: Pillage and Plunder   Pillage and Plunder I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 15, 2009 8:52 am

This sounds like a bloody awesome game.
Back to top Go down
konradr

konradr

PostSubject: Re: Pillage and Plunder   Pillage and Plunder I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 15, 2009 5:24 pm

Quote :
Why not use real unarmed people as the peasants?

Well, though that would be kind of cool, I don't think we have 4 or more people that want to sit out the fighting and just be motionless targets. Of course life people wouldn't have to be motionless either, they could run around, just not be armed. When someone puts a hand on them, they would have to go with them and be led to the Halls of the Gods. Still, for the unarmed peasants it would be a boring game. Whereas Dolls don't ever complain.

Konradr
Back to top Go down
Phoxly

Phoxly

PostSubject: Re: Pillage and Plunder   Pillage and Plunder I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 15, 2009 7:16 pm

Yeah it would be fairly boring for the peasants Sad

....unless they had ROCKS! =D

That would make it challenging right? Obviously they'd be out of rocks fairly quickly. And instead of putting your hand on them you'd just hit them with your sword to 'disarm them' and they'd have to follow you?
Back to top Go down
Demie Zephyra

Demie Zephyra

PostSubject: Re: Pillage and Plunder   Pillage and Plunder I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 16, 2009 6:21 am

I'll volunteer to be a villager. :3

Haha.

We could add animals to slaughter too. Use a cow stuffee or something.

~Can provide them....as well as some other dolls~
Back to top Go down
Phoxly

Phoxly

PostSubject: Re: Pillage and Plunder   Pillage and Plunder I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 16, 2009 7:57 am

VILLAGERS CAN WEAR PINK SNUGGIES!?!
Back to top Go down
konradr

konradr

PostSubject: Re: Pillage and Plunder   Pillage and Plunder I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 17, 2009 6:53 pm

Okay, I bought a couple of like 18" dolls from 'Savers' for the village women, and I bought two 'babies' and two hand sized black sheep from the dollar store. So we have village women, children and sheep! Demie if you have any cows or bigger sheep, bring them and we can have beef, and mutton as well as lamb chops. But it has to be two of everything, one for the red village and one for the blue village.

So, the rules, as I have mentioned is basically capture the flag with about 4 or more 'flags' being the town's treasure, women, children and livestock. The object is for one village to get all the other village's 'flags' into their rez point. The first to do so win the game.

You can only carry one item at a time. You can not throw it, you must drop it in place if you die.

Questions:

1. Should we allow a person to fight while holding the item or should they be required to drop it if they fight?

2. Should we allow the players to carry whatever weapon's/shields they wish and still carry the pillaged goods, or should we divide the village teams into 'Defenders' and 'Raiders'. Defenders being armed heavily and carry shields while raiders must have one hand free to carry pillaged goods?(Thus single blues or two handed weapons they can also wield one handed)

Konradr
Back to top Go down
Strider

Strider

Location : Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: lolololololololololol roflcopterswaswaswa

PostSubject: Re: Pillage and Plunder   Pillage and Plunder I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 18, 2009 1:17 am

Hmm, well I like the idea of defenders and raiders.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pillage and Plunder   Pillage and Plunder I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Pillage and Plunder
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Barad'Dun The Western Tower :: General News-
Jump to: