Barad'Dun The Western Tower
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Barad'Dun The Western Tower

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  WebpageWebpage  Log inLog in  

Punch & Pie

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
konradr

konradr

Punch & Pie Empty
PostSubject: Punch & Pie   Punch & Pie I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 25, 2009 5:26 pm

Okay Taco, I heard this technique or fighting style mentioned on the Bel boards quite a bit. What is it?

Konradr
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelfire.com/nv/jazzviking/whatisa.html
konradr

konradr

Punch & Pie Empty
PostSubject: Re: Punch & Pie   Punch & Pie I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 25, 2009 5:38 pm

Also was reading their description of a "Flow" fighter and a "technical" fighter and I guess you would be a flow fighter, Taco.

Don't know what I am, an old fighter I guess. What a Face

Konradr
Back to top Go down
konradr

konradr

Punch & Pie Empty
PostSubject: Re: Punch & Pie   Punch & Pie I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 25, 2009 7:00 pm

Interesting obsearvations from the Bel board.

About taller, faster guys who move with speed and in all kinds of motions.

Kadis said:

Quote :
Some of the best fighters in my realm are skinny whipcord kids that are about six foot tall, and maybe 150-175 LB. They are also ungodly fast and flexible. They all have one thing in common. They use really light short swords, and really light punch shields. I have also seen a couple guys from visiting realms, same basic body type, using min red swords. Also ungodly fast, flexible, and very light on their feet.

Forkbeard said in reply:

Quote :
Use longer but very rigid swords.
Put stab tips on eerything you own. Learn to use them.
Hit people with your shield. In thier shield and in their bodies. I use my shield edge like a battering ram. I hit people right in the center of the chest with it, or in their shield. That fac that I vastly outwiegh them shake the **** out of them. I also have fght with a 4' punch tower shield cut down into a punisher skull type shape that was only about 10" wide at the bottom. I coud stab people with the bottom edge of that like SCA dude use a Mandu. I knocked a couple people straight off their feet with that.
All in all, strenght VS speed IMHO comes out even if the people inolved are both equally skilled at using their abilities.
Play the hand your delt and love it.
FB

Winfang said:

Quote :
Adaptability, accuracy, and consistency are much better attributes then tall, fast, and lanky.

Magnus said:

Quote :
Remember also that timing is just as important as speed. If you're not fast, then get some rhythm.

About long weapons Varadin said:

Quote :
Long weapons are a curse when the person is chest to chest with you.

Shield check:

A bored Konradr who wishes he could fight tomorrow, but loves his family and its a family day. *sigh*

Konradr 12-25-09
Back to top Go down
Surt

Surt

Punch & Pie Empty
PostSubject: Re: Punch & Pie   Punch & Pie I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 26, 2009 4:25 pm

omg u found gavin to hurtsville! that is awesome i haven't seen this video in forever. truly one of the best fighters ive ever seen.
Back to top Go down
https://baraddun.forumotion.net
Taco

Taco

Punch & Pie Empty
PostSubject: Re: Punch & Pie   Punch & Pie I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 30, 2009 12:09 am

Punch and Pie is punch shield and red sword, really fun to use it you can. The point of using a punch shield, is that when you need to break something; you just throw your shield at it first. and attack with the red.

Any questions??
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Punch & Pie Empty
PostSubject: Re: Punch & Pie   Punch & Pie I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Punch & Pie
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Barad'Dun The Western Tower :: - The Armory - :: Training & Fighting Techniques-
Jump to: