Barad'Dun The Western Tower
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Barad'Dun The Western Tower

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  WebpageWebpage  Log inLog in  

Castle Wall

Go down 
+6
Knubbs
Sarabi
Alacian
konradr
Taco
Smithy
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Smithy
Admin
Smithy

Castle Wall Empty
PostSubject: Castle Wall   Castle Wall I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 27, 2009 9:22 am

I was talking with Taco and we realized that there are multiple people working on barriers for practice. I include myself in that statement. I have come up with what I think is a good idea. Each piece costs about $25. I asked Taco to post the diagram so you guys can see what I'm talking about. I suggest we collect a pool for the funds. I have a storage unit but no trailer so where to put this is another question.
Back to top Go down
Taco

Taco

Castle Wall Empty
PostSubject: Re: Castle Wall   Castle Wall I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 27, 2009 10:00 am

here is the diagram

Castle Wall Fort

sorry for the delay but pic got lost in the internet, lol!

Last edited by Taco on Sun Dec 27, 2009 10:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
konradr

konradr

Castle Wall Empty
PostSubject: Re: Castle Wall   Castle Wall I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 27, 2009 5:03 pm

There is currantly $8.00 in the realm donation box.

Konradr
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelfire.com/nv/jazzviking/whatisa.html
Alacian

Alacian

Castle Wall Empty
PostSubject: Re: Castle Wall   Castle Wall I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 28, 2009 3:26 am

konradr wrote:
There is currantly $8.00 in the realm donation box.

Konradr

I've been contemplating whether we should perhaps figure out some of our days off, dress up in garb, carpool and go to the strip/freemont and demonstrate. Maybe put on a skit that we wing, or plan something out...Hell I'll do the bardic bit or others can to and we can do something...and put up a donation jar.
Back to top Go down
Taco

Taco

Castle Wall Empty
PostSubject: Re: Castle Wall   Castle Wall I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 28, 2009 4:57 am

thats sounds like a great idea. and you do know if you buy armor from me i will give 20% into donations for this realm so you're pretty much killing two birds with one stone! you get armor and realm gets money and i get to eat!
Back to top Go down
Alacian

Alacian

Castle Wall Empty
PostSubject: Re: Castle Wall   Castle Wall I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 28, 2009 5:11 am

Taco wrote:
thats sounds like a great idea.

There's lots of people that do the whole booth or whatever down there and have a donation jar. Hell, we can charge for folks to take pics with us or anything. It's a good way to make fast/easy money for the realm. And a fun way, too.

We could even do storytelling and all that jazz. Tourists love it.

And, yes, I know, armor = donations = tacos for you.

Let me make some money first and then I can buy armor from you lol I want a mask. Like the white one with the slits for eyes you had.
Back to top Go down
Sarabi

Sarabi

Castle Wall Empty
PostSubject: Re: Castle Wall   Castle Wall I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 28, 2009 5:12 am

Taco wrote:
thats sounds like a great idea. and you do know if you buy armor from me i will give 20% into donations for this realm so you're pretty much killing two birds with one stone! you get armor and realm gets money and i get to eat!

which is basically killing 3 birds with foam stick lol lol i crack myself up i'm so lame >.<
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1336161982
Knubbs

Knubbs

Castle Wall Empty
PostSubject: Re: Castle Wall   Castle Wall I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 28, 2009 5:00 pm

Hopefully i can get the ball rolling on the RenFair Thing..

Sorry about the delay but Real Life got in the way.

If we do the RenFair thing we could always sell Hits for Money....
Back to top Go down
K'urn

K'urn

Castle Wall Empty
PostSubject: Re: Castle Wall   Castle Wall I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 28, 2009 6:47 pm

Car wash......

K-
Back to top Go down
Surt

Surt

Castle Wall Empty
PostSubject: Re: Castle Wall   Castle Wall I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 28, 2009 9:12 pm

only if k'urn washes the cars in a bikini! lol

seriously though... i'm no engineer but that draft looks good. does anyone else out there have any ideas for walls they want to share? i know kilanos was talking about it.
Back to top Go down
https://baraddun.forumotion.net
Knubbs

Knubbs

Castle Wall Empty
PostSubject: Re: Castle Wall   Castle Wall I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 28, 2009 9:37 pm

I'll draft some and post them...

Smile

any specifications?
Back to top Go down
Surt

Surt

Castle Wall Empty
PostSubject: Re: Castle Wall   Castle Wall I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 28, 2009 11:56 pm

specifications? awesome!
Back to top Go down
https://baraddun.forumotion.net
Smithy
Admin
Smithy

Castle Wall Empty
PostSubject: Re: Castle Wall   Castle Wall I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 01, 2010 1:58 am

Specifically it's whatever you think would work. The original concept was to provide a barrier. Basically PVC or 2x4 frame. A light weight and visible wall/barrier. I took it one step further and added a level of interaction with it. You can climb, run into, and fight around the design. Now each and every design has it's perks and drawbacks. Take mine for example; modular and very sturdy but weight and cost are the issues. So come up with something that you think would work and the movers and shakers of the group can decide on which one they'll use.

The one thing that I'm concerned about is funding. Before we add new designs/drafts/sketches lets figure out how to pay for it.
Back to top Go down
konradr

konradr

Castle Wall Empty
PostSubject: Re: Castle Wall   Castle Wall I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 01, 2010 6:12 am

Smithy, you said each piece is $25. Is each piece a stand alone barrier/wall? How much could be broken down and thrown up on top of a jeep cherokee???

I was thinking of sending my next allowance your way for a start, but with the news about bestdagstuff.com going out of business, I'm strongly thinking of buying a bunch of fiberglass cores first, and then throwing the next allowance after that your way.

Konradr
Back to top Go down
Smithy
Admin
Smithy

Castle Wall Empty
PostSubject: Re: Castle Wall   Castle Wall I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 02, 2010 9:50 am

Yes each piece is a 8ft X 4ft piece with 2x4 studs that costs $25. I would only trust two pieces ontop of any vehicle. Trailers and truck beds are going to be the safest bet though.
Back to top Go down
konradr

konradr

Castle Wall Empty
PostSubject: Re: Castle Wall   Castle Wall I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 02, 2010 4:28 pm

So from the diagram it looks like 2 X 8'x4' vertical walls ($25 ea.) with an 8'x4' platform with supports ($25 - $35?) in order to make the tower, and then a 4'x4' wall (or two) another $25? Kind of like an old paintball tower back in the woods. About $125.00 total? Then a truck or trailer to haul it or 2- 4 vehicle tops, not preferred, but if neccessary with lots of rope.

The two vertical walls are all put together, just need to be bolted to eachother through the 4x4 on site? Then the platform attached, and lastly the secondary wall(s)

I'll see what I can do to gather the funding. I will bring the donation box to practice for those who have any spare cash.

Konradr
Back to top Go down
Tiberius Claudius

Castle Wall Empty
PostSubject: Re: Castle Wall   Castle Wall I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2010 3:33 pm

Neat idea gents......

Here's what we're doing up in St. George for the 2 castles we're making for our event in February:

- Each castle would have 4 towers.
- Each tower would be made up of 7 standard 4'x4' wood pallets obtained by scavenging local businesses. Bolt together a 5 sided box (4 sides and a top, bottom is left open) and then add 2 more pallets on 2 of the top sides to form a protective "L" for your archer, rock thrower, javeliner, etc.
- Set up your towers so that you have 2 walls with a gap in between for your "bridge".
- Stretch cheap burlap between the "wall" segments and spray paint to look like large castle rocks

In the end, you get something like this:
Castle Wall Castle

Castle Wall Tower

In the end, you pay only for nuts/bolts/washers (assuming you have your own tools), and the burlap/spray paint. You can also make the wall as long or as short as you want by changing the amount of fabric "wall" in between.

For safety, we have made a rule that there is no melee by or against anyone on the towers and there is a "no go" zone behind the walls around the towers unless its to get up on one. We will have a flag at each tower that needs to be taken by 2 fighters to symbolize the tower being destroyed. Anyone on top when the tower comes tumbling down dies as well.
Back to top Go down
Sarabi

Sarabi

Castle Wall Empty
PostSubject: Re: Castle Wall   Castle Wall I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2010 7:12 pm

yeah i saw you guys planning this smithy and yeah if there is anything that i can so to help i would love to. and as soon as i ever got a job i will for sure help out money wise.
Back to top Go down
sasquatch

sasquatch

Castle Wall Empty
PostSubject: Re: Castle Wall   Castle Wall I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2010 7:59 pm

we should paint the barad'dun symbol on it to show who we stand for
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/kookiecrazy
konradr

konradr

Castle Wall Empty
PostSubject: Re: Castle Wall   Castle Wall I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 24, 2010 8:14 am

Here's pics showing creative use of old mattresses, rope and bed sheets to make a fort/castle.

Castle Wall ThawBrawl08014

Castle Wall ThawBrawl08023

Konradr
Back to top Go down
Taco

Taco

Castle Wall Empty
PostSubject: Re: Castle Wall   Castle Wall I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 24, 2010 7:25 pm

Hey it forkbeard!! and birans in one of thous pic to!!! But thats a good way to use them.
Back to top Go down
Sarabi

Sarabi

Castle Wall Empty
PostSubject: Re: Castle Wall   Castle Wall I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2010 1:15 am

FORKBEARD AND ZELDRAN!!!!!!!! I LOVES MY BRIAN FRIEND!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Castle Wall Empty
PostSubject: Re: Castle Wall   Castle Wall I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Castle Wall
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Barad'Dun The Western Tower :: Chapter News-
Jump to: