Barad'Dun The Western Tower
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Barad'Dun The Western Tower

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  WebpageWebpage  Log inLog in  

Short film script.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
konradr

konradr

Short film script. Empty
PostSubject: Short film script.   Short film script. I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 30, 2009 7:50 pm

Hey, I wrote a script for a short film, maybe for a contest or something. It's not Dag or medieval, but what do you think???

Quote :
Title: For fifty cents more.

Background soundtrack: Music from spaghetti westerns, specifically Sergio Leone’s For a few dollars more, guitar, trumpet, tickng clock, etc.

Charachters:

Joe: A small mop headed, homeless man.
Juan: The hot dog man.
Kid: like a 7 year old boy.
Moma: The kid’s mom.

Fade in:

Ext: The city park-Day:

A normal summer’s day, people lounging here and there on blankets, strolling, kids playing.

Ext: Hot Dog stand.

A mobile hot dog stand on the side of the road entering the park. JUAN is waiting to serve Hot dogs. There is a big sign behind Juan.

Sign: Foot Long Hot Dog $1.00.

JOE is seated on the curb opposite the hot dog stand. He is unkempt and hungry looking. He looks at the sign for Foot long hot dogs. Looks at the picture of the juicy hot dog on juan’s cart. Looks at Juan. Juan looks back and points to the hot dog sign, then points to the other sign on the cart.

Other sign reads: OPEN TIL 5:00PM.

Joe’s eyes get big, he looks at the clock on a building outside the park.

Clock: 4:45pm.

Joe looks at the sign again, and at Juan. Juan looks back waiting. Joe rubs his whiskered face, and reaches into his pockets. He pulls out his hand and opens his palm. There is one quarter and one dime and two five cent pieces. He counts and then is horrified. He looks at the hot dog sign, he looks at juan and then looks at the time again.

Clock: 4:47pm.

Joe begins to sweat, he counts his money again. Looks at Juan with desperation. Juan looks back hardline.

A TINK is heard from the sidewalk to Joe’s left. He turns to see a coin spinning on edge on the sidewalk, glinting silvery in the waning sunlight. His eyes grow big. It suddenly falls flat. It is a Fifty cent piece.

Joe counts the change in his hand again, then looks at the half dollar and adds it too. He smiles, but the smile fades.

A KID, is eating an ice cream cone nearby. He sees the coin and he looks at it, then looks at Joe.

Joe looks at the kid. He looks at Juan, He looks at the kid, then looks at the coin. He slides over towards it non-chalantly. The kid stops licking the ice cream, he looks at Joe more intently.

Joe rubs his whiskered face. He looks at the coin shining with a silver glow on the sidewalk. He looks at juan who is starting to clean up the hot dog stand. He looks at the time.

Clock: 4:52PM

He whistles non-chalantly and then slides over closer to the coin. The Kid looks at him. He looks at the Kid. They both look at the gleaming coin. Juan looks at both of them.

Joe makes his lunge for the coin. But the kid scoops it up first and joe’s dirty hand clutches nothing.

KID
Momma, Momma, look what I have.

He holds the coin up to show his MOMMA who leans down to see it.

Joe looks at his empty hand. He looks at Juan. Juan shakes his head. He looks at the time.

CLOCK: 4:56pm.

Joe fights to hold back the tears. He holds out his left palm with the coins in it. Only fifty cents. Then a small palm reaches in next to his, with a fifty cent piece in it.

Joe looks over. The kid, with his Moma standing over him has a sunlit halo over him. The kid gives Joe the fifty cent piece and smiles. Joe smiles with tears streaking his cheeks.

Momma strokes her son’s head.

MOMMA
That’s a good boy. Come on, its time to go.

They leave.

Joe counts his coins. He looks at the time.

Clock: 4:58pm.

Joe stands up triumphantly, smiling with joy. He holds up the change to Juan. Juan looks up at the clock then smiles and waves Joe over. He gets his thongs and opens a steamy compartment on his cart.

Sunlight dances off Joe’s shoulders and he smiles and steps happily across the road.

The Tour Bus SMASHES into poor Joe before slamming on its brakes and SQUEALING to a stop. Joe is gone from view.

The fifty cent piece spins like a top on the pavement then lands, glistening silver in the waning sunlight.

THE END
FADE OUT.

Konradr
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelfire.com/nv/jazzviking/whatisa.html
Whisper

Whisper

Short film script. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Short film script.   Short film script. I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 30, 2009 8:37 pm

Awww. Poor, poor Joe. No Everything before that was nice though. tongue
Back to top Go down
Taco

Taco

Short film script. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Short film script.   Short film script. I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 31, 2009 12:10 am

that was awsome, i really like the end.
Back to top Go down
Demie Zephyra

Demie Zephyra

Short film script. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Short film script.   Short film script. I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 31, 2009 1:23 am

You must find a way to film this! =D

Of course...the bus may be difficult but....eh.
x]

I love it.
Back to top Go down
konradr

konradr

Short film script. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Short film script.   Short film script. I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 31, 2009 7:54 am

Hmmm, I have a Digital 8 video camera. I have a super 8 camera, I even have two old 16mm wind up cameras. Maybe its doable!

The bus scene is like the scene from, I think its the first 'Final Destination'. The blonde haired girl, at the end. They think they survived, that they beat death, and then she turns and walks into the street and BOOM! Bus from hell.

Of course, if the bus can't make it, It could just be a beat up old jeep! Very Happy

Konradr
Back to top Go down
Demie Zephyra

Demie Zephyra

Short film script. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Short film script.   Short film script. I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 31, 2009 8:27 am

Or, on a different day, you could just film a bus driving by.

Then edit the video.

Show the bus entering the shot, add a horn noise, and cut to a black screen.
Back to top Go down
Taco

Taco

Short film script. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Short film script.   Short film script. I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 31, 2009 11:27 am

that sounds like a great idea, you should film it konradr
Back to top Go down
Surt

Surt

Short film script. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Short film script.   Short film script. I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 31, 2009 5:27 pm

I'll help out!
Back to top Go down
https://baraddun.forumotion.net
konradr

konradr

Short film script. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Short film script.   Short film script. I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 01, 2010 10:16 am

You guys are making my age old dream to make a film start to burn inside me. I am going to write up the 'poor joe' script into a shooting script and a storyboard. Then I'll debate film or Video. I'll get back to y'all when I need help.

The bus could be an RV. Does't Taco have an RV???

Anyhow, here are two other short Scripts for consideration for a short film, once again for a contest. Surt, I think you can be in the first one. Do you have a pair of spongebob boxers???

First Script is called "Pizza for Shorty"

Quote :
Title: Pizza for Shorty

CHARACTERS:
Dude
Shorty
Pizza Delivery boy

FADE IN:

EXT: HOUSE DRIVEWAY-DAY

A house sitting atop a sloped driveway. A car is parked in the driveway, we see it from the front. The driver’s side door is open. Atop the car is a “Big Dude’s Pizza” delivery sign.

A tall, lanky DUDE stands in front of the car. He is wearing a black baseball cap at an angle on his head and is dressed in a dark sweat jacket and black jeans that hang low exposing spongebob boxer’s. He is looking at the house. He pulls something from his pocket and looks at it.

POV on his hand: He is holding a note that Reads ‘Shorty, 5245 Berwyn’.

He looks up at the mailbox on the house. The address is 5245 Berwyn.

He crumples the note and drops it, then pulls on some dark sunglasses and turns about. He picks up a box of pizza that had been sitting on the hood of the car and walks up the driveway.

From behind the car we see the open driver’s side door. The body of a teenager with a ‘Big Dude’s Pizza delivery’ hat, is laying on the driveway, blood pooling from a slash in his throat.

EXT: HOUSE DOOR - DAY

A white, wooden door with a peep hole and a door bell.

Dude steps up to the door and presses the doorbell. It CHIMES like westminster abbey. He waits.

A moment later there is a scuffling sound from behind the door. light dims in the peep hole.

POV: from the peep hole. A fisheye view of Dude as he smiles into the peep hole.

A man with a deep, husky new york accent speaks.

SHORTY
(OFF SCREEN)
Yeah, what is it?

DUDE
I have a pizza here for a....um, well, I’m not sure if this is
the right name?

SHORTY
(O.S.)
What’s the name say kid?

DUDE
Shorty?

Shorty chuckles hoarsely.

SHORTY
(O.S.)
Yeah, that’s me, open the box kid, let me have a look?

Dude opens the pizza box.

POV from the peep hole: shows only the open box and a Supreme pizza with a ton of toppings.

A lock is CLICKED opened. Shorty CHUCKLES. A bolt is SLID open and then another. The door hinges SQUEAL.

SHORTY
(O.S.)
Sorry kid, I’m not paying ya, its over thirty minutes late.

When the door opens all the way, the pizza box is flung down. Behind it is the barrel of a MAC 10.

BBBBBRRRRRRRRTTTTTTT The submachinegun spits fire and empty shell casings rain out of the bolt. Seconds later, the gun is empty and smoke whisps out of the barrel.

Dude pulls his glasses up in surprise.

Behind the open door is a wood panel wall with a perfect circle of bullet holes in it.

Dude looks down.

Shorty is a pizza covered midget with a cigar clamped in his mouth and a double barreled shotgun in his hands pointed upwards.

SHORTY
Surprise.

BLAM! BLAM!

THE END

FADE OUT.

The next one may be a bit harder to make, but I foresee it in Black and White as it is in the World War II time period, to be more specific, 1944 during operation market garden in holland. It is called "Pop goes the Bridge"

Quote :
Title: Pop goes the Bridge.

Characters:
Major smythe-jones
Captain Johnson
Captain Moore

FADE IN:

INT: A DUTCH KITCHEN

A simple forty’s style kitchen with tiled walls, copper and tin pots and pans and a wooden table. Outside the kitchen window is a view of a bridge.

Sitting at the table, staring at the Bridge is MAJOR SMYTHE-JONES. He is staring at the bridge. On the table before him is a bottle of scotch whiskey.

Sporadic SOUNDS of battle; machine guns, rifles, mortars, can be heard outside, some close, some distant.

There is a KNOCKING at the kitchen door.

SMYTHE-JONES
Come in.

The door opens and two men walk in. One is CAPTAIN JOHNSON an American Paratrooper. He is wearing torn and dirty OD battle fatiques and a steel pot with mesh webbing stretched over it. The other man is CAPTAIN MOORE, a British Paratrooper wearing a neat Dennison Camouflaged smock and red beret with para badge on it. Both men stand to attention and salute. Johnson giving the American salute while Moore gives the British version.

SMYTHE-JONES
Gentlemen. I believe I made quite a generous offer when I said I would
give this wonderful, thirty year old Scotch...

He slides the Whiskey bottle forward.

SMYTHE-JONES
(Cont’d)
To he who’s men blew that bridge for me. Yet there it is, still standing.

All look out the window at the bridge.

SMYTHE-JONES
Captain Johnson?

JOHNSON
Sir, we tried, but I lost 6 men trying to get close to that bridge. There
are MG42’s everywhere blasting the hell out of everything that moves.
Hell, they even got a self-propelled gun hidden up there.

Major Smythe-jones holds up his hand and Captain Johnson shuts up.

SMYTHE-JONES
How about your boys Captain Moore?

Captain Moore looks at the Major, then looks at Captain Johnson. He then calmly walks over to the window showing the bridge. He holds his hand up and SNAPS his fingers. He turns to look back at the Major.

A POP is heard, followed by several more in quick succession then suddenly KABLOOOOOMMM! The bridge is enveloped in an explosive cloud. The room vibrates with the sound and a wave of dust flows in through the open window. Captain Moore’s beret is knocked askew.

Moore readjusts his beret and moves back next to the Major and Johnson.

SMYTHE-JONES
Very dramatic Captain, well done. Pop goes the bridge, wot?
Might I have a drink with you?

MOORE
Of course sah.

Moore sits at the table and pulls the whiskey over to him to uncork it.

Johnson stands motionless, mouth opened in disbelief watching out the window as the smoke clears and the bridge is gone.

JOHNSON
Son of a bitch.

THE END

FADE OUT:

Konradr
Back to top Go down
konradr

konradr

Short film script. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Short film script.   Short film script. I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 14, 2010 10:26 pm

I'm getting that itch again, the one that's been there all my life. I want to make a movie. Check this article out by Oren Peli the guy that spent $15,000 to make "paranormal activity" in his own home with a digital video camera. Movie has earned $100,000 so far.

http://www.totalfilm.com/features/13-steps-to-making-a-horror-film

Talked to the guy who used to work at Quest with me who makes movies. He has a IMDB page for a short film he made called "choices". He gave me the "Final draft" program (A hollywood standard script writing program that costs close to $300). Any how I was talking to him about the short movie with the homeless guy in the park. He's going to give me a program for editing video too if I get it shot. We can do it guys.

Konradr
Back to top Go down
Taco

Taco

Short film script. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Short film script.   Short film script. I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2010 12:49 am

i will hel-p with anything man, whateveryou need me, and or akeria to do she pretty good with film.
Back to top Go down
konradr

konradr

Short film script. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Short film script.   Short film script. I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2010 12:59 am

I'm going to work up a 'shooting' script and simple storyboard. Hunt up some audio. I have a Digital Hi8 video camera. I like film, but it is expensive. I wouldn't mind trying my hand at 16mm Black and White. But expense may mean just using the video camera, editing with simple software. Then we'll enter some video contests and see how we do.

Eddie says lighting for digital is different than film. I never really shot anything though. When I was a kid I used my super 8 film camera to make little skits with my sis being all the characters. Maybe I can get a couple of those transferred to CD and post them on youtube for your borement. (I have my own english dictionary in my head so don't argue with me that borement is a word. Wanna play scrabble?)

Konradr
Back to top Go down
Whisper

Whisper

Short film script. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Short film script.   Short film script. I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 17, 2010 2:39 am

Ooh! Ooh! I wanna act! I'm going to audition for a movie sometime soon so I think it'll be fun! tongue
Back to top Go down
Demie Zephyra

Demie Zephyra

Short film script. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Short film script.   Short film script. I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 17, 2010 2:40 am

Demie is a willing actor at your disposal, Sir.

Or a techie if you need one of those. :3

Sets and props and the like.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Short film script. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Short film script.   Short film script. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Short film script.
Page 1 of 1